IGNORED

No More Money

ok ok, they managed to finish 5th, something we have acheived several times a the last few years without spending 100m pound and by only 6 points. And we completely played them off the park both times we played them.

As you point out, the more important question is why are we in this state. We should be a club that investors are fighting over. Whatever the reason for it not happening i dont know, but i for one am glad we dont have a billionaire sugardaddy, who can drop us when hes bored. Dont get me wrong, i would love investment but i want someone who is basically BK with more cash. There are very few billionaires with that kind of love for Everton and cash to spare. If the choice is to sell your soul for quick cash or building for success, im going with the latter.

My point is that it doesnt matter how rich or poor you are. You cant buy results and big expensive signings are a kind of way to do just that, though it doesnt work that often. What wins games is a strong team and club mentality with a good manager and versatile players who give their all, even if theyre playing out of position.

Saying that, and this may sound silly, but why not push Coleman up on the right? Hes got the pace to go past players, stamina to last 90mins easily, can put in a good ball and would be useful tracking back. just a little offtopic thought...

I'm not saying we should be looking for a new owner. I'm just questioning whether the club is run as professionally as it should be in all departments, whether there isn't more money to be made with merchandising, sponsorship deals...

And about Coleman being pushed up on the right, that might be an option. But as with playing Osman, Bily or Anichebe there, you're pulling someone out of his natural position. I'm not saying they can't do a job there, but I for one would really prefer someone that feels perfectly comfortable playing in that position.

Edited by Steve_E

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ok, they managed to finish 5th, something we have acheived several times a the last few years without spending 100m pound and by only 6 points. And we completely played them off the park both times we played them.

As you point out, the more important question is why are we in this state. We should be a club that investors are fighting over. Whatever the reason for it not happening i dont know, but i for one am glad we dont have a billionaire sugardaddy, who can drop us when hes bored. Dont get me wrong, i would love investment but i want someone who is basically BK with more cash. There are very few billionaires with that kind of love for Everton and cash to spare. If the choice is to sell your soul for quick cash or building for success, im going with the latter.

My point is that it doesnt matter how rich or poor you are. You cant buy results and big expensive signings are a kind of way to do just that, though it doesnt work that often. What wins games is a strong team and club mentality with a good manager and versatile players who give their all, even if theyre playing out of position.

Saying that, and this may sound silly, but why not push Coleman up on the right? Hes got the pace to go past players, stamina to last 90mins easily, can put in a good ball and would be useful tracking back. just a little offtopic thought...

I think Blackbur Rovers, Chelsea, Man Utd and The Shite might disagree!

Now, lookin at what Bailey said here about City signing "class". They signed this kind of overpaid class the year before too, got them nowhere. Liverpool have continually spent millions and underacheived. Only Spurs have actually improved their squad with all their money and i still think our current squad on its day is better. The arguement of winning things.... who has won anything except Utd / Chelsea in the last, lets say 5 years:

FA Cup - Portsmouth (spent buckets of cash - bankrupt and relegated). West Ham (on pens against Liverpool), spent buckets on wages if not transfer fees and nearly relegated last year. Other than that, Chelsea or Utd.

EPL : noone except Utd/Chelsea

League Cup : Spurs once, otherwise Utd/Chelsea

UEFA : Onlu fulham are close, spent as much as us if not less over the last few years, no big name signings.

CL : Chelsea.

So, all these other teams above us who are doling out the cash on world class talent, superstars with big wages to go with their big egos.... Only spurs won something. So why would Pienaar/Arteta want to leave for anyone but Utd or Chelski? Because other teams are spending wads of cash? Oooooh! How ambitious, City spent 30m on a world cup winning Brazilian, just as an example. Did they get anything from it? nothing, nada, nichts, rien.

Would it be nice to be able to splash the cash and not worry. Of course. Do we need it? No. Have we improved the squad? Certainly. Is it the same kind of improvement in terms of finance? Nowhere near. Will we be the better team next year? Im damn sure we will.

I completely understand what you are saying I dont think there will be much between us this year BUT will the players thinking about pastures new see this. They want to play with world class players and win something, and whilst I would agree that me have as much chance (as a fans POV) will they see it the same way? Thats what Im not sure about...

I'm not saying we should be looking for a new owner. I'm just questioning whether the club is run as professionally as it should be in all departments, whether there isn't more money to be made with merchandising, sponsorship deals...

For me this is my biggest criticism of Kenwright. I think overall he has been good for the club, in the way he has gone about things but his naivety in the business area of the club has let him down and I also believe that the people he has put there to help him have let him down (Wyness especially). Having said that it looks that they are starting to get their arse in gear under Elstone, but its a bit late now.

It was about 48.5 million pounds (http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/financial-results-announced.html) two years ago, so it'll probably be somewhere in that region again.

Thanks for the info, but I guess I should have asked how much of that will be free to spend? Does that simply get reinvested into the club? Is it used towards debts, players wages etc....or could Moyes tap into say 10 or 12 of that to buy 1 or 2 decent signings?

He seems to always go quiet this time of year and then suddenly make a random bid (like Fellaini) near the transfer close...

Even Alex Ferguson would say even the top teams need at least one top signing to "FRESHEN" things up and thats what we need. Although im excited about Maggie and i'm hopefull Billy will be like a new signing, but i fear Landon will cost too much to sign we need ONE top drawer signing.

but i for one am glad we dont have a billionaire sugardaddy, who can drop us when hes bored. Dont get me wrong, i would love investment but i want someone who is basically BK with more cash. There are very few billionaires with that kind of love for Everton and cash to spare.

i think the best solution is for one of us to start the next facebook/myspace/youtube/google, make billions and then massively invest in everton!

in all seriousness though, i cannot understand why we don't have investors queuing up around the corner to invest in everton. if any of them were to look at our track record over the last few years then it should seriously be a no brainer to invest in everton. yet they go and invest in sides like man city, west ham and birmingham city. i also cannont honestly understand how portsmouth had 3 (or was it 2?) owner changes over the past season. i mean seriously, who in their right mind would want to own portsmouth?

i think the best solution is for one of us to start the next facebook/myspace/youtube/google, make billions and then massively invest in everton!

in all seriousness though, i cannot understand why we don't have investors queuing up around the corner to invest in everton. if any of them were to look at our track record over the last few years then it should seriously be a no brainer to invest in everton. yet they go and invest in sides like man city, west ham and birmingham city. i also cannont honestly understand how portsmouth had 3 (or was it 2?) owner changes over the past season. i mean seriously, who in their right mind would want to own portsmouth?

The reason Pompey had however many owners was because they were as dodgy as f***. Gaydemack wasnt too bad for them, before stripping away all their assets and then the other 2/3 have had no money and arent willing to invest the little they have. I like to think they either came sniffing at Goodison and got told to do one, or they thought we havent got a chance conning them and didnt bother. I certainly wouldnt use them as an example of 'investment'!

sign aurelio..quality left back cover sorted for free..that's my input really :lol: i can't even be bothered this season arguin over everton's lack of money...we gotta accept it i guess that he never has anything to spend until late august but who knows we tend to sign a big player on the last day..not ideal but would do me..as for the pienaar contract thing he didn't do himself any massive favours at the world cup and spurs have said they don't want him..can't see many other teams who wanna pay that much money for him..also i don't get why it took so long for duncan to get his point across it looked simple enough to me :lol:

sign aurelio..quality left back cover sorted for free..that's my input really :lol: i can't even be bothered this season arguin over everton's lack of money...we gotta accept it i guess that he never has anything to spend until late august but who knows we tend to sign a big player on the last day..not ideal but would do me..as for the pienaar contract thing he didn't do himself any massive favours at the world cup and spurs have said they don't want him..can't see many other teams who wanna pay that much money for him..also i don't get why it took so long for duncan to get his point across it looked simple enough to me :lol:

Lol well clearly it seemed pretty simple to me as well but in the end it was probably easier to teach my 3 year old daughter nuclear physics!

Are you new to english football? :blink:

funnily enough no, just that living abroad and traveling every week for the last 4 years means i dont get to spend as much time as i would like following all the teams. When i do get time, i dont spend it following the shites results. to be honest, i thought you wouldve appreciated the research, as brief as it was....

funnily enough no, just that living abroad and traveling every week for the last 4 years means i dont get to spend as much time as i would like following all the teams. When i do get time, i dont spend it following the shites results. to be honest, i thought you wouldve appreciated the research, as brief as it was....

I only asked as I personally and I would imagine any other who follows English football closely could probably tell you the F.A cup winners over the past 10-15 years.

I only asked as I personally and I would imagine any other who follows English football closely could probably tell you the F.A cup winners over the past 10-15 years.

I used to be able to....from 1966 to about 1990 probably....but if I had to name the last 10/15 they'd be pretty much all guesses (pre 2009).

i envy you, seriously. the last winner of the cup i could tell you for sure was 95 after a wonderful Rideout header. Also remember Amo going on a run but being too fast for his own good when Schmeichel was stuck in our area. Oh, and season before last it was Chelsea, after they conceded the fastest FA Cup goal.

dude, i dont care about the other teams. I only have time to follow the Blues and i try to follow them completely.

Edited by galacticaracnid

i envy you, seriously. the last winner of the cup i could tell you for sure was 95 after a wonderful Rideout header. Also remember Amo going on a run but being too fast for his own good when Schmeichel was stuck in our area. Oh, and season before last it was Chelsea, after they conceded the fastest FA Cup goal.

dude, i dont care about the other teams. I only have time to follow the Blues and i try to follow them completely.

I'm not playing the big one here - I was genuinely shocked that you had no recolection of that final - don't you remember Gerrards strike? That's what made me think you were either a foreign supporter (not following english football as much) or a recent fan.

I'm not playing the big one here - I was genuinely shocked that you had no recolection of that final - don't you remember Gerrards strike? That's what made me think you were either a foreign supporter (not following english football as much) or a recent fan.

dude, i barely remember last week!

Wouldn't a foreign supporter have a better chance of remembering the Reds' results though, considering their "fanbase"?

Investors usually choose s**t clubs because they are cheap so are more likely to make them money (providing they are successful in turning the club around) so minimum capital for maximum Return On Investment (ROI). The only way they would take on a big club is if (A) the club has high value assets (this is how Man U are surviving), or (B) the investor has such obscene amounts of cash that making a loss is not a problem (i.e. Abramovich). Therefore, you would think that we are the best option around as we are relatively cheap (im guessing £70-80M would buy the majority of shares) but with still the potential to generate money i.e. win cups, merchandise...So the fact that no-one is interested leads me to believe the financial structure of the club is too fragile for such an initial outlay, or BK is being meticulous and stubborn in finding someone who cares (which I think is right). But with contacts such as Lord Granchester, Lloyd-Webber, and Robert Earl & Hollywood mates, you would have thought it would be easy. If we don't get someone in the next 2-3 years, I doubt we'll ever get someone.......

WE THINK WE'VE GOT NO MONEY ..............

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway is ready to make a club record bid of £1million for Derby County striker Rob Hulse, And Francis Jeffers has been invited to train with a view to a contract. :blink: :blink:

Immediate relegation seem a distinct possibility.

WE THINK WE'VE GOT NO MONEY ..............

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway is ready to make a club record bid of £1million for Derby County striker Rob Hulse, And Francis Jeffers has been invited to train with a view to a contract. :blink: :blink:

Immediate relegation seem a distinct possibility.

I saw that was seriously confused, all through the build up to the final of the play offs, it was being called the 90m game. Where does it go then?!

I saw that was seriously confused, all through the build up to the final of the play offs, it was being called the 90m game. Where does it go then?!

i think hes playing it smart, no big stars to get off the wage bill when they go down.

I cant understand Hull city trying to get Jimmy bullard off the wage bill, they just spent 2 seasons in the prem getting sky money, and they get parachute payments for the next 4 years :blink: they obviously dont want to come back up or they would keep the better players not get rid of them. It shows a complete lack of intent.

i think hes playing it smart, no big stars to get off the wage bill when they go down.

I cant understand Hull city trying to get Jimmy bullard off the wage bill, they just spent 2 seasons in the prem getting sky money, and they get parachute payments for the next 4 years :blink: they obviously dont want to come back up or they would keep the better players not get rid of them. It shows a complete lack of intent.

I think hull blew a lot of their money on big earners like giovanni, boateng, mendy, cousin and vennegor of hes and can't afford to pay this kind of wage with their projected championship earnings. On the other hand I think burnley will be in better nick next season - having not over-spent last season they are making a few good additions now.

they can either spend the money on the very difficult task of staying up, or secure the long term future of the club and probably try to build the team up with the parachute payments.

i believe they are still missing a stand from their stadium arent they?

• 2 weeks later...

Its ridiculous how a team like us has so little money.

We are one of the biggest clubs in the premier league and yet we cannot spend at least 6 mil.

Kenwright better start finding an investor or getting some transfer money fast or Moyes and our big stars will be sure to leave

:(