IGNORED

No More Money

Top and bottom, we ain't in a great deal of debt due to thrifty dealings, it appears we may be starting to run as a more efficient business. The time has come to throw caution to the wind a little and go for the one or two players who could make us challenge, I think we will make top 4 this year, sounds crazy but I think spurs and city will have too much on their plate with Europe.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really a bit bored with the...

"How long can Moyes work his magic for?"

....question.

It's been asked every year for the last six maybe?

And every year he's worked it. That's how good he is as a manager, you might just as well ask the question...

"When is Moyes going to stop being a good manager?"

With all the lack of spending there's more optimism about this summer than there ever has been is his reign and still people ask the question.

Boring.

I'm really a bit bored with the...

"How long can Moyes work his magic for?"

....question.

It's been asked every year for the last six maybe?

And every year he's worked it. That's how good he is as a manager, you might just as well ask the question...

"When is Moyes going to stop being a good manager?"

With all the lack of spending there's more optimism about this summer than there ever has been is his reign and still people ask the question.

Boring.

I think its more a question of how long he can be arsed having to work his magic on such a tight budget unfortunately

I think its more a question of how long he can be arsed having to work his magic on such a tight budget unfortunately

Then the question should be...

"How long will Moyes be willing to work his magic for?"

...which is completely different, open to debate and a valid question.

Then the question should be...

"How long will Moyes be willing to work his magic for?"

...which is completely different, open to debate and a valid question.

I think Moyes does enjoy Everton. But that is interesting. I don't think he is a guy who would just quit. I find it weird the phrase working his magic. I think he is an amazing amazing coach and is good at getting the best from his team. I don't think he is trying harder because we don't have a great team or anything like that. (I hope that made sense it's been a long day I just took my niece horseback riding and it's so nap time!)

Top and bottom, we ain't in a great deal of debt due to thrifty dealings, it appears we may be starting to run as a more efficient business. The time has come to throw caution to the wind a little and go for the one or two players who could make us challenge, I think we will make top 4 this year, sounds crazy but I think spurs and city will have too much on their plate with Europe.

for our level of turnover we are in a great deal of debt, and they have been getting bigger almost every financial year.

our accounts have made horrid reading for a long time now.

they can either spend the money on the very difficult task of staying up, or secure the long term future of the club and probably try to build the team up with the parachute payments.

i believe they are still missing a stand from their stadium arent they?

I read that Blackpool are actually one of the richest clubs in England, in regards to lack of debt. Upon promotion, they only had 3 stands though, now they've got a temp 4th, in time for the season, which can be built around.

Watching Holloway's interviews and his lack of presence at some, more recent games, they're trying their hardest to sign players (Even taking a player released from Nottingam Forrest (?) )

Back onto the Topic of Everton. It's no secret that we've no money, but we've survived every season, in the sense of competing around the top 6. I think, to take it to the next stage, that top 4 bracket we need a source of money to bring in and to keep star players.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/04/blackburn-takeover-ahasan-ali-syed

Slightly off topic but one to make your blood boil!

How the flying flock can Blackburn Rovers find that kind of investment yet we cant?

There are two possible answers to that IMO - either Bill doesn't want to give up his train set, or behind the scenes we're in such a big mess that no one will touch us.

It shocks me that on-one has come in to take-over us? I wouldnt want bill "put down his train set". I would like him to stay on as chairman and continue to have an active role in the club if we had a takeover. He is blue through and through and has run this club extremely well IMO. we have recently recieved record shirt and sponsor deals.

It does shock me that we constantly challenge the top teams and get into europe and no1 shows serious interest in us?

Phillip Green might have the hollywood connections but the like of the Sheiks at city are the only people who have the real funds to buy a club without rinsing it in debt.

I am happy we are running more efficeintly these days and i am looking forward to seeing the day when all these investors pull the money out of clubs when they have made their profit and we are sitting in a cushy position.

IM&KWWT!

It's frustrating that other clubs can find new investment so easily.

Beeb

Hicks and Gillett put the club on the market in April, with Liverpool's main creditor, RBS, owed about £237m.

Unbelievable that a club in so much debt can be sold in a matter of months and others are looking for investors every day for years and find nothing. :blink:

Unfortunately I fear the latter may well be the case

i think the former is the most likely...bill has repeatedly said how he doesn't want to sell to just anyone..i like kenwright and just wish it was him that had the money cos i wouldn't want a portsmouth situation here at all although i think given the money moyes wouldn't buy shit with it

i think the former is the most likely...bill has repeatedly said how he doesn't want to sell to just anyone..i like kenwright and just wish it was him that had the money cos i wouldn't want a portsmouth situation here at all although i think given the money moyes wouldn't buy shit with it

Totally disagree with you. Maybe I am being nieve but I honestly beleive Kenwright when he says he would sell if the right people come along with a decent bid.

Just because he wont sell to just anyone doesnt mean that he wont sell at all, but hey thats just my opinion

It shocks me that on-one has come in to take-over us? I wouldnt want bill "put down his train set". I would like him to stay on as chairman and continue to have an active role in the club if we had a takeover. He is blue through and through and has run this club extremely well IMO. we have recently recieved record shirt and sponsor deals.

It does shock me that we constantly challenge the top teams and get into europe and no1 shows serious interest in us?

Phillip Green might have the hollywood connections but the like of the Sheiks at city are the only people who have the real funds to buy a club without rinsing it in debt.

I am happy we are running more efficeintly these days and i am looking forward to seeing the day when all these investors pull the money out of clubs when they have made their profit and we are sitting in a cushy position.

IM&KWWT!

robert elstone pulled off the kitbag deal, not sure if it was wynnes or elstone who got the last chang deal.

the club is not run that efficiently, our debts increase year on year as we make loss after loss.

investors in football no longer do it to make a profit as very few clubs make money now days, its normally just for fun.

Let's be honest, from being the club who historically pioneered many changes to match day experiences, we have been left floundering and following the lead of others. Elstone deserves credit for alot of these changes, kitbag, the betting site, the new retail project, the problem is we are doing all this way after the others, under kenwright stability in the sense of the word has been like a boxer using a great defense without throwing many punches. You can't give the boxer credit for going the distance, when after the final bell the fans would wonder what would have happened if he had a go. Last season for bill for me unless we attract investment, the other fighters are on steroids and we are still drinking raw eggs and chasing chickens.

Let's be honest, from being the club who historically pioneered many changes to match day experiences, we have been left floundering and following the lead of others. Elstone deserves credit for alot of these changes, kitbag, the betting site, the new retail project, the problem is we are doing all this way after the others, under kenwright stability in the sense of the word has been like a boxer using a great defense without throwing many punches. You can't give the boxer credit for going the distance, when after the final bell the fans would wonder what would have happened if he had a go. Last season for bill for me unless we attract investment, the other fighters are on steroids and we are still drinking raw eggs and chasing chickens.

awesome post, love the metaphors!

He's in my top 5 talented players I have seen in everton 84 to date. Along with Rooney, Saha, Trevor Steven, limpar, probably missed someone here.....,

rooney done nothin special at everton, the other bell-end radzinski was better than him durin their time here. imo rooney still hasnt reached his potential, he needs a manager to push him but fergies to scared to lose him if he does.

rooney done nothin special at everton, the other bell-end radzinski was better than him durin their time here. imo rooney still hasnt reached his potential, he needs a manager to push him but fergies to scared to lose him if he does.

worst post ive ever seen!

did you actually watch rooney play for us? in one of our worst sides ever!

i guess you also didnt see all the goals he scored last season? or the goals he created the season before?

rooney has never needed to be pushed, he needs to be told to just go out and play his game. hence his performances for united being much better than for england.

• 2 weeks later...

i'd sell saha and pienaar..after yesterday neither look like they can be arsed and pienaar looks wank..the fact that other clubs can spend shed loads of money is a joke..i don't understand our finances so it may be the usual ignorance but why can we not go and buy players when even stoke etc can?