IGNORED

Hero Vote

MikeO

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/09/06/who-s-the-next-everton-hero-

Makes me very depressed that up against Peter Reid, Alex Young and Dave Watson (can't comment on Chedgzoy) Duncan Ferguson currently has 62% of the vote sad.gif .

I felt the same way Mike, it's a joke. I voted for Alex Young, Dave Watson didn't have a single vote when I voted :blink2:.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/09/06/who-s-the-next-everton-hero-

Makes me very depressed that up against Peter Reid, Alex Young and Dave Watson (can't comment on Chedgzoy) Duncan Ferguson currently has 62% of the vote sad.gif .

Unfortunately Mike, alot of moden/younger fans won't be able to appreciate the real Everton hero's of yester-year because archive footage and tales are hard to come-by. i never had the opportunity to see many of those names play but mnany who have, probably havent got the privilige of a computer, let alone an online poll.
Its a shame, but for me, not suprising!

Unfortunately Mike, alot of moden/younger fans won't be able to appreciate the real Everton hero's of yester-year because archive footage and tales are hard to come-by. i never had the opportunity to see many of those names play but mnany who have, probably havent got the privilige of a computer, let alone an online poll.

Its a shame, but for me, not suprising!

i voted for dave watson, i only choose between him an ferguson. the others were before my time.

Can understand people voting for Ferguson out of those five because he's the only one they've seen....or the one they've seen most (I didn't vote for Alex Young for the same reasons, hazy memories of MOTD & The Big Match are all I have of him).

Just think there are better candidates from that era that the OS will probably ignore....Rhino for one.

Don't want to start the Ferguson debate again though....we've done it to death many times in the past.

Voted for Peter Reid myself (seven or eight times :P ).

There's something about Dave Watson.. I think his reputation was tainted by taking the Tranmere job and not doing so well... but then Alan Ball is well liked and he never had much managerial success did he?

I doubt there are many people alive who remember Sam Chedzoy

There's something about Dave Watson.. I think his reputation was tainted by taking the Tranmere job and not doing so well... but then Alan Ball is well liked and he never had much managerial success did he?

I doubt there are many people alive who remember Sam Chedzoy

Didnt really bother me that he went to Tranmere. I remember him being a face in so many big games growing up, biggest of all picking up the FA Cup. Screw Dunc, nowhere near the class of Dave Watson in my opinion.

Doesnt he hold some bizarre record in football too?

Edited by galacticaracnid

I think he played for and against England but I'm not 100% on that.

im pretty sure its not that but then again im not. wasnt it something along the lines of hes played for england, managed an english team, played in europe etc? its a really weird one....

Mike, should be in your quiz book!

I'm right anyway... regardless of your silly little fact :P

In the build-up to Euro '96, Watson led a Hong-Kong Select XI against Terry Venables European Championship bound side. The Select XI was comprised of a hotch-potch of Hong Kong club players and veteran Premiership stars - and were supposed to give England a morale-boosting send-off by conceding a glut of goals. Watson, however, has never accepted defeat easily in his life and the Select XI severely embarrassed England's best.

http://www.evertonfc.com/history/10158/dave-watson.html