15 replies to this topic

#1 sheedysheedysheedy

sheedysheedysheedy

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 16 Jun 2006 - 23:29

If anyone knows where I can get a copy of the Champions 1984/85 cassette made by Radio City it would be gratefully appreciated. Even better would be a CD version but think they were limited at the time.
Yes I've tried mailing City but they didn't bother to respond.
T'is for my brother who emigrated to NY early 1987 (i remember going to newcastle away with him on boxing day 1996, we won 4-0, those were the days).
Any help?

#2 Philinsuffolk

Philinsuffolk

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 21:17

Good shout to see if this recording is still around. For those of you who haven't heard it,this was a fantastic album/cassette.

My understanding is that it was deleted so is reliant on ebay scenario I guess.

#3 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 21:33

No sorry had a look round internet on search engines and on ebay, didnt find elt

#4 Pat

Pat

"Former Coca Cola Yo Yo Championship Runner Up"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 18 Jun 2006 - 01:09

Ive been sniffing after this 4 ages. Years in fact. I gather it is the 1 with the squad singing such tunes as here we go & the classic Home & dry.

I love/loved that tune.

" Home & dry, you & I, as long as were together
Then our dreams will never die, Home & dry,

" all aboard the good ship goddison to victory & so on..."

'SOMEONE PLEASE DIG OUT THIS TAPE/CD WOULD BE BETTER THEN WE CAN MP3..PLEEEEZZZZ"

#5 Philinsuffolk

Philinsuffolk

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 Jun 2006 - 15:03

I can't remember if this had songs on it, quite possibly. But the majority of the almum was the Radio City commentary of the season - the goal commentaries and the increasingly excited commentarties of Gary Bloom (Everton fan) and Tylesley.

#6 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 18 Jun 2006 - 23:26

why dont you contact radio city and ask them?

#7 Ola

Ola

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 21 Jun 2006 - 17:28

why dont you contact radio city and ask them?

View Post

:D good call adam :D

#8 sheedysheedysheedy

sheedysheedysheedy

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 Jun 2006 - 12:17

I tried contacting them twice but they didn't even reply. I only work 10 mins from their office so I could take a walk down I guess.

Was bidding for it on e bay last week but refused to go above 20 (when the starting bid was < 3) as you never know what state a 20yr old cassette will be in and also got the feeling that it was the current owner bidding aginst me to push the price up.

Someone mentioned mp3 in this thread, that would be ideal. Think I'll contact City again on that basis. Will let you know!!

#9 sheedysheedysheedy

sheedysheedysheedy

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 Jun 2006 - 12:19

Ive been sniffing after this 4 ages. Years in fact. I gather it is the 1 with the squad singing such tunes as here we go & the classic Home & dry.

I love/loved that tune.

" Home & dry, you & I, as long as were together
  Then our dreams will never die, Home & dry,

" all aboard the good ship goddison to victory & so on..."
'SOMEONE PLEASE DIG OUT THIS TAPE/CD WOULD BE BETTER THEN WE CAN MP3..PLEEEEZZZZ"

View Post

Good call Pat, my best memory of it is Kev Keating commentary on Sheedy's equaliser against Luton in the cup semi final or Clive Tyldsleys against Bayern!

I let my Brother take my copy when he emigrated to NY 16 years ago...doubt he'll still have it!!!

#10 Ola

Ola

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 23 Jun 2006 - 07:52

Good call Pat, my best memory of it is Kev Keating commentary on Sheedy's equaliser against Luton in the cup semi final or Clive Tyldsleys against Bayern!

I let my Brother take my copy when he emigrated to NY 16 years ago...doubt he'll still have it!!!

View Post

:( you would think the club would have these sort of things or be able to put you on the right track?

#11 sheedysheedysheedy

sheedysheedysheedy

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 Oct 2008 - 20:19

I tried contacting them twice but they didn't even reply. I only work 10 mins from their office so I could take a walk down I guess.

Was bidding for it on e bay last week but refused to go above 20 (when the starting bid was < 3) as you never know what state a 20yr old cassette will be in and also got the feeling that it was the current owner bidding aginst me to push the price up.

Someone mentioned mp3 in this thread, that would be ideal. Think I'll contact City again on that basis. Will let you know!!

Seems a long time ago since I posted this (which is because it is a long time ago). Anyhoo after years (yes years) of trawling second hand shops, memoribilia fayres and auction sites I've FINALLY found this on cassette.

Ok the truth is I spotted it on ebay last week and negotiated a bid to end the auction early but still the ambition was always there.

The better news is that I also have the mp3, it's about 68mb in size so if anyone wants a copy and can come up with a suitable way of getting it to them then I'm prepared to pass it on. Not sure about copyright laws etc for something that is I believe delisted or no longer available for purchase so may need to be careful.
Any thoughts?

#12 paul

paul

Mikel Arteta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 Oct 2008 - 15:56

4-0 away to Newcastle in 1996, I cant remember that one, I should do though, who scored?

Btw I do have the tape don't know where it is though probably in my dads loft it had commentary from all the games plus the fans singing We shall not be moved

#13 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,401 posts

Posted 24 Oct 2008 - 16:26

4-0 away to Newcastle in 1996, I cant remember that one, I should do though, who scored?

Slip of the finger by sheedy....he meant 1986.

Heath, Power and Steven x 2 :) .

#14 comeonblueboys

comeonblueboys

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 Oct 2008 - 16:34

This link to a youtube video was on the Guardian website today:

"4) A tribute to one of the forgotten sides of British football: Everton's majestic title-winners of 1984-85.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVnVI2xov5g&feature=related""]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVnVI2xov5g...e=related"[/url]

#15 sheedysheedysheedy

sheedysheedysheedy

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 24 Oct 2008 - 18:41

Slip of the finger by sheedy....he meant 1986.

Heath, Power and Steven x 2 :) .

I did mean 86, thanks Mike!

#16 Scottish Red

Scottish Red

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 Oct 2008 - 21:05

Not my favourite season but at least it came in a period of dominance for Mersey football.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users