IGNORED

Aiden McGeady

Anyone watch the Russian League? If so, has he been any good for Spartak?

I'm a Big fan of RPL and he has been fantastic last season. This season he injured and didn't enjoy too much time in the pitch (plus all the troubles in Spartak: Emery, Karpin again...) but I think he could be a great adquisition if the price is right.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. £4m wouldn't be bad for a (probably) capable winger. Does he prefer the right or left wing?

Either really. He used to play on the left mostly at Celtic and cut in, but he's got the pace to play out on the right and has done so mostly with Ireland and Spartak to my knowledge. A bit like Mirallas in that aspect.

I don't know anything about him to be honest - only that he does the occasional piece of skill and it ends up on YouTube. I'm not too sure that Martinez's targets for Wigan should be the same as his targets for Everton.

THIS^^^

Very well said Louis. We are getting linked to a lot of players that Martinez was linked too when at Wigan. They might have taken Wigan on to the next level that they required, but can the same players take us on? im not so sure. We are at a completely different end of the spectrum to Wigan(even when they were still in the top flight) and i feel a different level of player is required, if it means we only sign 1/2 players rather than 3 or 4 then so be it, but it's got to be the right man and some of the names linked so far are just gash and nothing like the standard we need.

We won't buy anyone that we're linked with, it's the Everton way, always kept under wraps until the deal is done. I don't mind who we get linked with, although completely agree with Louis, we should be linked with better players than we currently are.

Luckily, it's paper talk BS, which are pulling out the most tedious links. So I highly doubt we'll sign him.

£6m on Mcgeady? that's gone up a bit, it was £4m the other day and that was too much. I do hope it's the usual Everton smokescreen and that we sign someone completely different. Mcgeady,Kone, and Alcaraz are really not who i thought we would sign this summer.

I agree. I think I might just bugger off the rumour pages until something is confirmed before I lose all faith.