IGNORED

Summer Friendlies

club's roster is full of international talent, including Louis Saha, Tim Cahill, Phil Neville, and U.S. goalie Tim Howard.

Pip's played fifty-nine times for England....be surprised if many of our squad have more international appearances. Howard, TC & Heitinga maybe? But no-one else.

Any chance we could play some decent opposition so we're not coming into the season stone cold?

defo go wi this..we play shite teams..batter them..then play a semi-decent team as the last friendly and get beat with ease..then start the season like asthmatic slugs with a cold..pathetic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/04/27/union-fixture-announced

http://www.philadelphiaunion.com/news/2011/04/union-host-everton-fc-july-20-ppl-park

Everton to play Philadelphia Union July 20 at PPL Park

This is the news I've been hoping for! My first ever Everton game and for it to be against the Union where I have season tickets will be awesome! So pumped right now.

Our boys in blue better watch out the Union took down Celtic 1-0 at PPL last summer and played well against United 0-1 in similar friendlies

Looks like we're in for another slow start to the season then.

Don't think easy (easyish....sry Dweagle :unsure: ) games this early are a problem....they're more about fitness levels and PR and money I think. We'll still have three weeks or so when we get home, that's when we need to get some more serious opposition in imo.

And, as Lee Dixon said on MOTD2, we need to have our Christmas party on the first Saturday in August :) .

Don't think easy (easyish....sry Dweagle :unsure: ) games this early are a problem....they're more about fitness levels and PR and money I think. We'll still have three weeks or so when we get home, that's when we need to get some more serious opposition in imo.

You really think we'll play more than one decent side this pre-season? As usual we'll go to America and play teams we should beat, we'll come home and play a couple of games against League 1 and Championship sides and build confidence by beating them too, then we'll finish up at Goodison against a quality side and get hammered.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/04/27/union-fixture-announced

http://www.philadelphiaunion.com/news/2011/04/union-host-everton-fc-july-20-ppl-park

Everton to play Philadelphia Union July 20 at PPL Park

This is the news I've been hoping for! My first ever Everton game and for it to be against the Union where I have season tickets will be awesome! So pumped right now.

Our boys in blue better watch out the Union took down Celtic 1-0 at PPL last summer and played well against United 0-1 in similar friendlies

To be fair, I was at the Manchester United/Union game and they were subbing players in-and-out quite a bit of the time. This year, we should be much improved, though. And dweagle6 - check your PMs - we couldn't get season tickets this year

Never mind, should have read the article..

Houston (2004)

Columbus and Dallas (2006)

Salt Lake City and Los Angeles (2007)

Chicago and Denver (2008)

Seattle, Edmonton and Salt Lake City (2009)

Let's go to Asia next year :lol:

hasn't helped us before. We should be goin to Spain, Italy, Germany, even Russia??

Or at least play top tier teams from european and non-eu leagues. Like the emirates cup, or the one Tottenham seem to play in every year?

We need to play decent opposition, instead of cannon fodder and letting our players think that because they're winning now, they'll win when the season starts.

I recognise this is more about fan expantion but its not good for the pre of the team

I don't think it's so much expanding the fan-basing/building a brand.. more so to do with tour operators paying the club to take them on tour and taking payment on gate receipts.

Don't forget, we were going to Ghana pre-season not long ago and that was cancelled because Ghana's FA refused to give their club permission to play EFC due to the league schedule. There is little value in expanding the Ghanaian fan-base. It was agreed because the Ghanaian's tour operator offered the most money.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ica/8078543.stm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Decent game but I thought we were going to change things to try to get a better start :huh: . Seems the same as ever to me....tour, away games at lower league teams (with under strength sides) and one Euro opponent (Wolfsburg, Malaga, PSV, Werder Bremen, Athletico Bilbao, Udinese, Real Sociedad, Bologna), normally at Goodison.

Especialy based on are last 2 seasons were we have started 'a little slow' to say the least i expected a shake up this pre season and to maybe try something different. We shall just have to wait and see though as obviously someone at the club beleives that it is having some sort of benefit. I like the idea of playing villareal though for the whole champions leage thing and what allmost was.... if it wasnt for that baldy bast**d cheat! seeing those royal blue and bright yellow strips back at goodison will trigger that feeling in mine and everyother evertonians mind of un finished business. Not to mention moyes or any of the players involved in any of them matches. The likes of Cahill, Mikel, Nevile & osman. Would love to see us walk through them and for that to spark something for us. Maybee im just a really really hopefull guy haha.