IGNORED

Danny Welbeck

Newb here, but I've always liked Welbeck. IMO it seems he has a tremendous upside and starting 3 years ago, seemed like he might start making tremendous strides towards achieving that potential. However, at least in the last 12 months, he hasn't produced well at all. In small part some of his shortcomings have come from not playing his proper position and the seemingly short leash he was given. When there was no pressure to produce a couple years ago and was given the opportunity to play his desired position, he started to shine. Love his hustle/work ethic as well.

Anyway, this all is probably completely obvious. Just thought I'd share since he's actually one of the few players I knew about other than the major superstars a couple years back when I started watching more EPL.

And he's still so young.

The thing is he wants to be the main striker, and Lukaku here is and will be the main man for a long time. He doesn't want to play in the wing and I don't see any other spot for him in this team.

I don't see this happening with Eto'o in the team, besides he is not clinical enough to be the main striker.

I'd prefer if RM spends whatever money is left on a young CB with potential or a young flair winger/attacking midfielder. If there is any money left.

The thing is he wants to be the main striker, and Lukaku here is and will be the main man for a long time. He doesn't want to play in the wing and I don't see any other spot for him in this team.

I don't see this happening with Eto'o in the team, besides he is not clinical enough to be the main striker.

I'd prefer if RM spends whatever money is left on a young CB with potential or a young flair winger/attacking midfielder. If there is any money left.

Brendan Galloway, Shane Duffy and John Stones. Young CBS are already here.

Van Gaal put his ressies out, Welbeck included, & they got twatted 4-0 by MK Dons! Not exactly nailed down a first team spot has he?

Yer but he's now cup tied. Usually if they are about to move they firstly wont risk an injury and secondly wont cup tie them.

Funny the got twatted 4-0 though. 4-0!!! :rofl:

Yer but he's now cup tied. Usually if they are about to move they firstly wont risk an injury and secondly wont cup tie them.

Funny the got twatted 4-0 though. 4-0!!! :rofl:

No one gives a shit if they sign a player who's cup tied for the League Cup. They probably don't mind that much when it's the FA Cup either.

No one gives a shit if they sign a player who's cup tied for the League Cup. They probably don't mind that much when it's the FA Cup either.

It all depends who he's signing for if the club are really interested in a run in it to make Europe they would be. More so the fact if he is going then it has to be by the end of the week. Why risk injuring him for a game he fielded a rezzie side for? Surely he wouldn't of made the squad at all if there were talks in place for a proposed transfer.

I seen it on the news last night, main story was Di Maria signs for £60m & in other news, they lost 4-0! Pissed me self :)

Great wasn't it mate. I watched it up until 3-0 my boy was absolutely dumb founded how MK Dons could turn United over so heavily and easily.

Pair of us were dancing round the living room :lol:

From the patches I saw of him he was crap last night too. First touch was excellent but it's just what came after that. The commentators were suggesting he started well mind you.

I would rather we focus on getting Kone and Etoo fit, as with those 2 at the club I don't see where he would even fit in.

From the patches I saw of him he was crap last night too. First touch was excellent but it's just what came after that. The commentators were suggesting he started well mind you.

I would rather we focus on getting Kone and Etoo fit, as with those 2 at the club I don't see where he would even fit in.

I think you're spot on to be honest.

I personally don't rate him but putting that asude where would he fit in?

Someone posted somewhere the words "Bambi on Ice" spring to mind.

That's exactly how I see it.

We will get someone on loan before the window shuts. We won't buy anyone but we will get them on loan, and I reckon it will be Welbeck. Martinez will not use all 3 loan players straight away as he will want to see what January brings as well. We might need to strengthen in certain area and a loan in January would be beneficial.

If we signed Welbeck though what a signing it would be. (Lukaku, Eto'o and Welbeck) (Naismith & Barkley behind the striker)!

If United loan Welbeck to us they are either very stupid or very arrogant. They either think they wont compete with us this season or they think we aren't good enough to compete with them in the league this season.

Either way, loaning a player to a direct rival is not the brightest thing to do and I just can't see United being that stupid.

If United loan Welbeck to us they are either very stupid or very arrogant. They either think they wont compete with us this season or they think we aren't good enough to compete with them in the league this season.

Either way, loaning a player to a direct rival is not the brightest thing to do and I just can't see United being that stupid.

Yeah true, but Chelsea sold Lukaku and loaned Atsu out to Everton does that mean we aren't a direct rival? Obviously I know it is because they're title favourites but Arsenal sold RvP to United, a rival. I do think if we were to go for Welbeck it would be something along the same lines as Lukaku. We will have him on loan for the season and depending on how well he does offer money. IF we do go for Welbeck that is!! :)

Yeah true, but Chelsea sold Lukaku and loaned Atsu out to Everton does that mean we aren't a direct rival? Obviously I know it is because they're title favourites but Arsenal sold RvP to United, a rival. I do think if we were to go for Welbeck it would be something along the same lines as Lukaku. We will have him on loan for the season and depending on how well he does offer money. IF we do go for Welbeck that is!! :)

Everton and Chelsea are miles apart in terms of squads and teams mate. Fair point on Vsn Persie like but I think his contract was about to run out and they cashed in before they lost him for nothing. Think United paid a really high fee for a player in the last year of his contract.

I may be wrong on that though

Everton and Chelsea are miles apart in terms of squads and teams mate. Fair point on Vsn Persie like but I think his contract was about to run out and they cashed in before they lost him for nothing. Think United paid a really high fee for a player in the last year of his contract.

I may be wrong on that though

Yeah come to think of it he was on the last year of his contract. Anyway Martinez has come out and said he doesn't want Welbeck, well he hasn't said no. (See below).

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/everton-boss-roberto-martinez-rules-out-move-manchester-united-forward-danny-welbeck-1462822?

Would rather have Chich tbh, but I would take Danny on loan all day. I don't rate him as the best striker in the league obviously, but I always liked him enough. That article comparing him to Sturidge is pretty good in matching them up, but on the trade off that might just be his level of play and goal production - I'd be hesitant to spend too much to buy him.

I wouldn't underestimate the ability of Mr. Ed Woodward.

The last three years of transfers at Manchester United are terrible. Whoever is in charge of doing the scouting and bargaining would play FIFA and lose.

Not only they managed to overspend on great players they don't need, but those great players are not even compatible among them.

De Gea must be wondering why did he choose to leave Atletico.

don't you know, some people have the ability to judge a player after 1 game, some even quicker :o

It also appears that no level of criticism can be aimed at other players like Mirallas despite having some similar tendancies to lose the ball in daft areas or make silly decisions (last ditch corner against Leicester into side netting).

But I like Mirallas overall and thats my opinion of him. Some players get hung out to dry and others get unconditionally excused.