IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

I'd argue that our attackers aren't as good as last season.

Seems obvious since we've sold our best attacker for 75m and haven't yet replaced him...

I think we have lots of potential but also a good deal of risk in our attack right now.. We need proven class in the event that our riskier options don't pan out. This is why Siggy and Giroud are necessary additions imo

There first 3 are unproven, proven not good enough and injured for most of the season.

Siggy is the exception, Klaasen is likely to play in central midfield ano I've covered Rooney.

Other two unproven but with potential.

I'd argue that our attackers aren't as good as last season.

Lookman has potential there is no doubt about that, he has looked good in the games he has played for us and I believe this will be his breakthrough season. Mirallas is good enough he is just inconsistent. Bolasie will be back before Christmas. Which is why we need a winger or wide attacking midfielder.

Klassen wherever he plays, and I think it will be in midfield, we will not need to play 2 holding midfielders against most sides, is creative and will make chances. The same apply's to Siggy, although I think he will play in the front 3.

Plus we have Rooney, who although not a striker will link up play well.

We will be a better attacking unit than we were last season when we have a striker, at the moment we have creative players but no focal point, like an orchestra without a conductor.

I haven't seen it with Lookman yet. Not anything that says he is Prem quality but he is young and hasn't had much of a chance.

Mirallas isn't good enough, people should stop trying to convince themselves that he is.

I haven't seen anything from Klaasen to say he is creative. Imo his movement creates chances not his ability on the ball if that makes sense.

I think there is more potential in the group of players we have now but as it stands I would have Rom and Ross ahead of all of them.

I haven't seen it with Lookman yet. Not anything that says he is Prem quality but he is young and hasn't had much of a chance.

Mirallas isn't good enough, people should stop trying to convince themselves that he is.

I haven't seen anything from Klaasen to say he is creative. Imo his movement creates chances not his ability on the ball if that makes sense.

I think there is more potential in the group of players we have now but as it stands I would have Rom and Ross ahead of all of them.

Time will tell.

Agreed, understatement.

That said, if this article is accurate, and Swansea gives in to the 40m offer, was the ordeal worth it? We get our guy, and can use the 10m to up our offer on a striker or to continue to bolster the youth squad.

The thing that gets at me is the way this has been drawn out signals that we aren't ready to spend nearly as large as was previous indicated. If we were, we'd have gotten him in and training with the squad sooner rather than later.

I'm actually glad that we aren't just handing over the money.... absolutely rudiculous fee.

Swansea surely must be just trying to keep face now. It Will be an undisclosed fee.

i'm with you Haf, everyone knew Lukaku was leaving for a ransom and wants to hold us to ransom. No thanks. I like this. They are skint so we drag it out until TDD and they are fucked on transfers. Or accept the lesser fee and get your guys in pronto.

Either way we control it, Swansea has no other assets of value.

Agreed, understatement.

That said, if this article is accurate, and Swansea gives in to the 40m offer, was the ordeal worth it? We get our guy, and can use the 10m to up our offer on a striker or to continue to bolster the youth squad.

The thing that gets at me is the way this has been drawn out signals that we aren't ready to spend nearly as large as was previous indicated. If we were, we'd have gotten him in and training with the squad sooner rather than later.

Respectfully, I strongly disagree with your assessment. For one, we have bid 40m+ which is considerably more than Everton have ever bid for any player. This alone should prove we are willing to splash the cash. The idea that because we have significantly more money we should just pay whatever clubs want is a bit misguided in my opinion. If we get a reputation for being a club who is weak in negotiation we would regularly be taken advantage of. It can be frustrating to not get a player because of a few million but those millions we save are going to add up and help improve the club in the long run. Almost everyone agrees that Sig is being priced too high so I don't quite get the criticism when our management agrees and tries to get a better deal.

I'm actually glad that we aren't just handing over the money.... absolutely rudiculous fee.

Swansea surely must be just trying to keep face now. It Will be an undisclosed fee.

Yep.

Not just that though...if we give in, every club will do the same every time we come calling.

We cannot meet their demands.

It is understood talks have broken down between Everton and Swansea over a deal for Gylfi Sigurdsson.

We understand a deal is now in jeopardy after more than five weeks of negotiations.

One source has suggested a verbal agreement was reached between the two clubs, only for Everton to withdraw the offer 48 hours later and refer back to a previous offer, understood to be around £40m.

Theres now a fear at Goodison Park that soured relations may scupper the process completely, seriously hampering Ronald Koemans and Paul Clements planned transfer dealings over the next three weeks.

Sky Sports News understands that the two clubs are less than £5m apart on a fee, with Sigurdssons wages not expected to be a problem.

-SSN

As mentioned earlier this evening, Sky sources understand talks have broken down between Everton and Swansea over a deal for Gylfi Sigurdsson.

But another source has since told us the two clubs are still trying to find a resolution and any suggestion the deal is off is nonsense.

-SSN

Edited by AidanLewis