IGNORED

Tim Howard In The Gold Cup

• 2 weeks later...

I asked Distin why he wasn't in the squad for Guadeloupe, he said it's because he'd only get 3 weeks off if he did and that he needs all the time he can manage to prepare for next season.

That wasn't whilst you waited in the queue at Morrisons was it Louis? Where did you speak with him?

Yeah, Kohen is just ruining things.

What really happened is we were both in line at the fishmonger's section at Morrisons and I was surprised to see him, I said "Alright Sylvain, what you doing here? I expected you to be playing in the Gold Cup". He bought haddock, I bought panga.

He bought haddock, I bought panga.

I bought some basa from Morrisons recently....twice in fact, because it tasted good the first time.

Comes from the Mekong River Delta in Vietnam apparently....felt the need to sing "Paint it Black" while I ate (though not with my mouth full) B) .

Didn't see Distin in the queue though sadly; I'd have advised him to let haddock stocks replenish.

They beat Guadeloupe 1-0 in group stage to qualify for the Quarter Finals.

They beat Jamaica 2-0 tonight to reach semi-finals where they will meet Honduras. The game takes place on 22nd June.

Three clean sheets out of four games so far which isn't bad..

Highlights of Jamaica game:

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/CatchUpVideo/0,,12907~1776195,00.html

Pasadena B)

I'd like USA to win, but I think Mexico will.

It's a shame that ESPN aren't covering it for you in the States. I've had to put up with Univision streams (Eurosport only show one game of the 'double header'). It doesn't get much recognition over ther, does it?

Pasadena B)

I'd like USA to win, but I think Mexico will.

It's a shame that ESPN aren't covering it for you in the States. I've had to put up with Univision streams (Eurosport only show one game of the 'double header'). It doesn't get much recognition over ther, does it?

Sadly, I think you're right, but of course I want to see the USA win. It's my first time going to a national team match so it would nice to see a win. Ironically, we won't have much of a home advantage seeing as Los Angeles is so close to Mexico :o . That's pretty much the case any time USA plays Mexico anywhere close to the border between our countries though!

I don't think ESPN has the rights to it actually. It's been getting coverage on Fox Soccer Channel, which has been around in some form since the early 90's I think. The amount of games being shown on ESPN has been increasing over the past few years, especially now that they've gotten some of the rights to Premier League games. ESPN has had the rights to the last two World Cups but the Gold Cup doesn't garner as much excitement for the casual fan over here so they haven't been showing the games, although they do put the USA results on the front page of the ESPN USA website. Might be a different case for the next Gold Cup, but for now FSC is where it's getting shown. Univision, which as I'm sure you can tell, is one of the nation wide Spanish speaking channels and they have the rights to pretty much all of the important soccer (football, I know) games. They show the Gold Cup because it garners a lot more interest with people living here that have routes in all the Spanish speaking countries (mainly Mexico).

Went to the game and it was a good one to be at. US ran out to a 2-0 lead within the first 20 minutes or so and Donovan scored the second goal. Mexico stormed back to get it 2-2 by halftime and then just ran the entire second half and ended up winning 4-2. Howard made a really awful decision on their last goal to run out and try to get the ball away from the feet of Dos Santos (of spurs) but couldn't match Dos Santos's footwork and he ended up putting it away in the far corner.

Saw someone wearing a Donovan Everton jersey which I was really glad about. The crowd was disgustingly pro-Mexico but luckily I was sitting in a nice little pocket of American supporters. Of course a lot of the Mexican supporters showed their general lack of class, throwing their drinks everywhere whenever they scored a goal. Got beer all over my head after two of their goals which was not fun at all.

One thing I will say though is that Dos Santos looked really great in the game today. Great touch and dribbling skills and is insanely quick. The US defense couldn't keep up with him at all. I know he's had a hard time since he's been to spurs but after watching him tonight I'd really love it if he joined Everton. His style of play really reminds me of Ronaldinho in his prime and I really think we could use someone like that on our team.

Edited by American Evertonian

Howard wasn't a happy chap, was he?

http://wap.yahoo.com...ntl=US&.lang=en

Mexican players have not really been successful here, so they're an underrated team by our media. Hernandez may change that..

That's very true. Still wouldn't mind seeing Dos Santos here though. He ran the show for the Mexicans last night and I'm sure he'd be available on the cheap seeing as he's not rated at all at Spurs. Him and N'Zogbia at either wing would be menacing if Moyes could get him to perform the way he's shown consistently with the Mexican team. Interestingly, Carlos Vela has really fallen down the pecking order with the national team but Dos Santos has always had a place in the starting 11 for them, no matter how little he played for Spurs. He's a player I'd like to see succeed in the English game and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it happen for Everton.