IGNORED

Conor McAleny

Roberto really must rate him, or there must be on minimal wages/able to be released at minimal cost to us... Hopefully he's another late bloomer. Think he should spend the first six months of the season on loan in the Championship or maybe League One.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought he showed some good attributes and he was played out of position. I like his mobility - good speed, low centre of gravity and close control - he offers something different.

We know the lad can finish - i've seen evidence myself. He needs a decent loan in January, he has needed Aug till now to recover from leg break.

Lets get it right - there was only two players who let themselves down - Pienaar and Robles. Pienaar can get lost - didn't like his attitude, Robles just may not be good enough.

I dont think anything McAlaney did wrong in that game were due to where he was being played on the pitch. If anything he had more time on the ball than he normally would do. He just looked to be trying to impress too much and made stupid decisions when he has some really good chances to make an impact on the game.

• 1 month later...

This is the club's way of saying that we won't be bringing in a striker to replace Eto'o during the January window.

From what I have seen of him he offers us something different, mobile and tricky, a little slight but he can finish.

He would have been released if he wasn't good enough. He just needs the odd cameo to show us what he's got.

From what I have seen of him he offers us something different, mobile and tricky, a little slight but he can finish.

He would have been released if he wasn't good enough. He just needs the odd cameo to show us what he's got.

agreed. The lad is very promising but injuries have held him back. Would love him to break through

• 3 weeks later...

Played well on his debut for Cardiff according to the forums. Played 80mins at the tip of a midfield diamond and looked lively. If he can stay injury free and find some good form at Cardiff he could become a useful addition to the squad next season.

I really don't think he's good enough and this is his chance to earn a move to a lower level club. I'll be happy to be proved wrong though!

• 3 weeks later...