IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I actually didn't think he was as good as against QPR (still very good though), but maybe that was more to do with him not being the only one who played well last night.

I'd say that was the case imo. He looked a different class against QPR because of the players around him but last night, as rightly said, there were a few good performances last night.

However i would stress that the reason the team now look like going forward is because of this guy. He doesn't 'crab', nor does he go backwards, he barely back-tracked past where he first picks the ball up and i absolutely love the way he plays; with his head up, looking for gaps and runners. The fact he isn't afraid to shoot, also rubbed off on some of them yesterday.

It was like a game in itself, "if you're gonna have a pop young'n, then i'm gonna show you how its done"...sort of thing ahaha. Arteta scored from doing it and Ossie hit the bar too!

Edited by tenaciousj

I actually didn't think he was as good as against QPR (still very good though), but maybe that was more to do with him not being the only one who played well last night.

Agree - he wasn't the best player last night, but another cracking performance. I love the fact he's not affraid of shooting, maybe a little too much e.g. pre-arteta goal but fortune favours the brave!

another negative post from Hafnia, what a shocker...

If I say it then hopefully it doesn't happen.

Rodwell has got a great strike in either foot but doesn't seem to use it anymore (why not?). If we are going to persist in a 5 man midfield then more goals are to be expected from in and around the outside the box. If we have players on the flanks who are not natural wingers and posses a stronger foot on the inside - then yep encourage to take a pop. Baines is well and truly marked as a danger man.

We do seem a little obsessed with getting crosses into the box, unless it's the baines and cahill combo, it never seems fruitful (against QPR 6 out of 28 crosses found an everton player)

It's not negative, it's just reality. We need to be able to mix our play up and Barkley for me has the right 'get it and have a go' attitude which may pay dividends for our very rigid team. I do not want to see him lose that.

To be clear: Negativity isn't identifying what is wrong or continuing to be cheesed off with the current state of affairs. How long have I been making the same comments? For too long! Why? Because nothing seems to change, only a slow realisation that maybe I have had a point all along! I don't want to be right because that will mean:

A: we have a board we can trust, fronted by a visionary leader, who enable the club to be self sufficient

B: we have a manager prepared to be more adventurous, less one dimensional, who doesn't put round pegs in square holes unneccesarily (overall I am grateful to him, trust me)

To quote Steve Jobs (very apt today) "Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations"

finally "Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected." very apt...

C1982 I miss Pax very much, the idea of him having PC rage, insulting the people of Liverpool, classing himself as more intelligent than most, whilst always being right gave this forum a little bit of zest!

Just my opinion of course!

Edited by Hafnia

it's not reality when it hasn't happened..it's you having a negative assumption

Marco, QPR happened, WBA happened, Newcastle happened - see match threads. Same theme right the way through the lot of them.

Moyes being innovative and adventurous - not playing 4-5-1 is as rare as a heat wave in this country.

not on about the tactics..on about barkley(see thread title)

he's still shooting when he see's the chance..only two games granted but he still is doing and will continue to do so if it causes the opposition problems i don't see moyes stopping him doing it..it was a negative dig at moyes knockin any confidence out of the lad before he's even started

It's not negative, it's just reality. We need to be able to mix our play up and Barkley for me has the right 'get it and have a go' attitude which may pay dividends for our very rigid team. I do not want to see him lose that.

A lot of what you say is very negative which clouds over some very valid points you make. Try mixing it up with the odd positive posts... maybe not about Everton as you're very negative about that interest but what else are you into? Dogs, cars, home baking? What about a nice post (and picture) about a lovely cake you baked for a special occassion - then there maybe a rosier picture painted of you because at the mo and ever since the pax episode it's been as if you've been on your period. SteveO has got over it - it's now your time to shine...

I look forward to the home baking thread!!!

A lot of what you say is very negative which clouds over some very valid points you make. Try mixing it up with the odd positive posts... maybe not about Everton as you're very negative about that interest but what else are you into? Dogs, cars, home baking? What about a nice post (and picture) about a lovely cake you baked for a special occassion - then there maybe a rosier picture painted of you because at the mo and ever since the pax episode it's been as if you've been on your period. SteveO has got over it - it's now your time to shine...

rofl.gif

i agree we dont shoot a lot. i wish we would, long range goals would get us moved up the match of the day running order!

actually, no, it probably wouldnt.

we will always be last.

oh, and i like 451, when played like last night with three attacking midfielders and two holding, very fluid.

united used to do it with ronaldo, rooney and tevez playing behind berbatov, made great viewing.

now, where did i leave that £200m

(for the record thats my most positive post in months)

since we got rid of Pax i took up making cocktails.

id never made Pena Colada before and i really like them, but i have since started to make my own recipes.

my "russian strawberry milkshake" is to die for.

i could post pictures if you like

I wonder if, back on topic, Ross would like one of my cocktails?

but then i would be supplying a minor with alcohol.

that would be a problem

(im bored as fuck in work today)

Edited by StevO

since we got rid of Pax i took up making cocktails.

id never made Pena Colada before and i really like them, but i have since started to make my own recipes.

my "russian strawberry milkshake" is to die for.

i could post pictures if you like

I wonder if, back on topic, Ross would like one of my cocktails?

but then i would be supplying a minor with alcohol.

that would be a problem

(im bored as fuck in work today)

Yes please, want me to make you a thread? What about the drinking thread? Everything drink related (drunken states, new drinks, recommendations), all gop in their?

The wonderful world of the liquid beverage...

ive been twit stalking him for a while now, i also have his ps3 online tag (Barkley5_) but not had the bottle to invite him for a game of fifa yet

he might say no, i couldnt handle that kind of rejection.

or what if he said yes but my internet connection went down, that would be horrible.

what if i beat him 10-0 and he gave up football, i couldnt live with myself

Edited by StevO

ive been twit stalking him for a while now, i also have his ps3 online tag (Barkley5_) but not had the bottle to invite him for a game of fifa yet

he might say no, i couldnt handle that kind of rejection.

or what if he said yes but my internet connection went down, that would be horrible.

what if i beat him 10-0 and he gave up football, i couldnt live with myself

Don't do it, the last one is a strong possibilty. A friend of mine retire from football after a similar incident...tragic

Edited by tenaciousj

Martin Keown just said on the beeb that Barkley will be "One of the best players you'll ever see in this country."

I believe that but do not want it publicised yet. If selling arteta etc gets us in a place where we can retain and reward a player that I believe he will be then I'm ok with it.

He will be already earmarked by the likes of Chelsea, man city, united and yes sickeningly Liverpool.