IGNORED

Opponents View - Newcastle United

Hi All,

Firstly, thank you for letting me post in your forum or sorry if another NUFC fan has done. If thats the case please ignore.

I write for a NUFC website and would love to ask you fans a few questions about our upcoming fixture. Thanks in advance and the answers/reaction will be live on the site here - http://www.nufcsite.com .

1. Who do you think NUFC Should worry the most about on Saturday and why?

2. Who should we least worry about and why?

3. Which NUFC player do you think will cause you the most problems and why?

4. Which player do you see causing you the least and why?

5. Where do you see yourselves finishing this year?

6. And where can you see NUFC Finishing.

7. With David Moyes coming up to an impressive anniversary of beaning in charge of your team, what are your thoughts of him not winning a trophy in that time?

8. Following that question, do you have an opinion on Newcastle Manager Alan Pardew?

9. And do you have an opinion on our owner Mike Ashley?

10. Finally, what are your predictions and scorers?

Many thanks again

Mike Lewis

Alright mate, enjoy your stay and hopefully you find the answers useful or at least informative.

Drenthe was just finding some form before his sending off against Chelsea. If he comes back raring to go he will be the main man. Rodwell is begining to look like the player he was touted to be. However as we are so inconsistent it could just about be anyone.

Hibbert won't score, he never has. Cahill has lost pace, not getting in the box enough as he did and if Bily plays you already have an advantage.

Ba for his current run and goalscoring knack, something like 15 in 20 league games since last January. Cabaye looks a decent buy and what I have seen has ran the midfield. Best's donkey work is going a bit unnoticed, deserves a bit more credit.

Gosling, I hope, for obvious reasons. Realistically if Moyes gets the midfield right, with Fellaini suspended, we can nullify other midfields. this has been proven in the past, the way Newcastle have been playing that may be our best ploy.

Perennial slow starters and decent finishers. We have just played City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United in the last five games so hard to predict but top ten again likely, resources or lack of may tell in January.

Top ten after such a great start, obviously having a settled side has helped but confidence will have grown, however one hammering, if it happens, and mettle will have to be shown. Do you have it? I don't know but even if you collapse I can still see you having enough not to get sucked down near the bottom.

7. With David Moyes coming up to an impressive anniversary of beaning in charge of your team, what are your thoughts of him not winning a trophy in that time?

He has achieved a lot without winning anything, Consistently in the top ten and more often than not the top seven. The highlighted lack of funds has obviously hindered him, he deserves praise more than he gets from a lot for what he has done. Granted he isn't perfect and sometimes tactically he gets it wrong especially with subs and he can be too negative.

8. Following that question, do you have an opinion on Newcastle Manager Alan Pardew?

I gather he wasn't most peoples, if anyones, first choice but the proof so far is there for all to see. Manager of the month for October surely will only enhance what has gone before so far this season.

Newcastle appear to be doing better now he isn't on the cameras five/ six times a game. He needs to differentiate being an owner and a supporter, we know that more than most.

A very close game, 1-1, Best and Saha.

Cheers.

Edited by The Beard

Hey Mike, welcome to the site smile.png

Currently noone, we'll keep the ball and move it around without doing much about it! Probably Drenthe is the man to look out for, other than him we dont have much of an attacking threat.

Anichebe because hes probably at his most dangerous at the moment laugh.png Its a strange question really. Id say it depends who plays right back.

Ben Arfa because that guys foot can make something out of nothing, we learnt that last season (or was that the season before already?!). Otherwise im not sure as Ive not watched you guys this season.

Desperately hoping its Ba, his run has to come to an end soon! Like above though, not seen you play so cant comment.

Its a good question because it could change each week depending on which Everton turns up. The one that finished the last few seasons on a high - top 7. The one thats playing at the moment probably 10-12th.

Depends on whether you guys come down from this honeymoon or not. Keep it up and you might be the 3rd team to break the Sky 4 in recent years. If Ashley decides to sell half your team again, then I think you might slip to mid table but no lower considering your start.

Not sure about beaning, but Moyes shouldve won one by now and the main reason we havent is down to him, and a few of his favourite players, bottling it when it counts. Who knows, this year might be the one!

dry.png

I think hes done a great job so far considering the players you had to sell. Maybe getting rid of the egos from the dressing room has brought everyone together and prove the so-called 'expert' pundits wrong.

Yes but its not a positive or polite one.

I want to say its about time you were beaten and its about time we won so 2-0 to us but i can see this being a dull and drawn out 1-1.

Hope that helps. In-laws are in town at the mo so havent got as much time to give you as I would like to. Take it easy

Edited by Matt

Drenthe and Coleman if they play as they are fast and direct wingers and I think full-backs is your weakest area.

Bilyaletdownov - looks far too light weight for the Prem. Straqularsi - (if he comes on) looks very poor!

Cabaye looks class, I said it at the time that he'd be one of the signings of the summer. If Ba can find space Cabaye will find him and we can be a bit eratic at the back with picking up clever movement.

Obertan - I don't really rate him. I think he'll be a squad player when/if Ben Arfa fully recovers.

That's a really tough one - ask me over the last 6-7 years and I'd say top 6 but there is a real negative somewhat defeated feel around Goodison at the mo so to be totally honest a top 10 finish is probably the best we can hope for.

You should finish in the top 8 with the start you've had but if Ba gets injured I think you'd struggle in the goal stakes although Best has bagged a few. I think you need and will probably buy a striker or 2 in Jan.

Who has won a trophy in that time though? He arguably did better than winning a trophy in getting us into Champs League only to have a nightmare draw vs Villareal (while the red lot got some part-timers, when they shouldn't have even been in the competition) and a perfectly legit goal ruled out. Sadly most trophies are bought these days and we can't compete in the money stakes.

He's had his critics but there's no doubt he's got the team playing for him. He did well at Reading and Southampton and got West Ham to a cup final so he's had relative success but I think he's upset a few people along the way. When he went to Newcastle Hughton was doing a decent job and was 'unfairly' dismissed so I don't think he really got a grand welcoming... but he's done a decent job and you have a much better team overall than last season.

What a tool but at least he's got a bit of money!

Through no logic at all 1-2 to EFC - Drenthe and Saha for us turning around a S.Taylor 1st half goal for you.

Sigh* try again I suppose. LOL

Saha if he is on form and playing. Tim Howard can be hard to beat

Hibbert has never scored. hence "Hibbert Scores We Riot" Never going to happen.

Ba is on form and is lethal

Like already mentioned Obertan, I don't rate him I am afraid.

Bottom half of league.

Keep it up and top four is not out of reach. Slip up even slightly and top 8 finish could be difficult.

Success orientated business. Moyes is said to be one of the best. Until he wins something that is simple not true.

I don't think he was popular when he got the job, possibly because of events leading up to his appointment. However he seems to be doing a pretty good job so I suppose his popularity has risen, although I don't know.

Thank gawd he is nothing to do with Everton.

1 - 1 or a very narrow win for you guys. (My predictions are notoriously wrong by the way) Ba for you and Saha for us.

Edited by Rubecula

The new man from the Bernabeu, Drenthe. With out him on the pitch we haven't done very well, but Saha has looked dangerous the last few games.

Jagielka, only threat is he'll hoof the ball in your face. Same for Neville if he's in the middle.

Ben Arfa, scored a cracker against us last year. Other than that Ba, looks likely to go on a scoring spree.

Obertan, can't believe he's still getting a game, hardly notice him on the pitch.

At worst 8th, hopefully get a europa spot in 6/7th

8th, honestly thought a lot lower after you lost/gave away Barton and Nolan, but Cabaye is doing a great job taking control of the midfield.

Meh, got to the Fa cup final which was good, but were fairly beaten by the better side. Other than that he's been hit and miss, but the league has to take priority and he's done a fantastic job at that. His tactics have been a little stale of late.

Not really, he's doing well.

Needs to stay more behind the scenes. I think the Newcastle fans are too hard on him at times though. He's right to sort out the clubs books-aslong as he isn't just pocketing all the money

An optimistic 1-3 Ba-Saha, Drenthe and Vellios

Edited by pete0

Hi Mike, and good luck for the season.

It depends on who gets a game, and where, but I think Osman played in the center might cause you a few problems.

I don't think there is a player on either side who doesn't deserve respect.

Gutierrez is a proper handful, but we tend to fall foul of one moment of luck, or brilliance, and Ba is in good form. Either of those two I'd like at Everton.

Gosling. Once a blue always a blue .... ahem

doh.gif

Top 10

Top 10

7. With David Moyes coming up to an impressive anniversary of being in charge of your team, what are your thoughts of him not winning a trophy in that time?

Not overly concerned. He brought pride back to our club, took us to Wembley on more than one occasion, and gave us European football again, not to mention the top 4. Best manager we've had in my book. Even better than Kendall.

He's an experienced manager, who has done well so far. Can't say I was too impressed with your recent handling of managers in the last few years though. I thought it was disgraceful, without wanting to be offensive.

No opinion, other than as stated about the managers. His club, his gig.

It could actually be a goal fest for both sides, as I don't think either will play for a draw, so I'm going to really stick my neck out and say 2-2.

Rodwell -- he seems to be taking control of the midfield and is always capable of producing a long-range goal

Hibbert -- for the same reasons as above

Definitely Ba -- he has a knack for getting in front of the goal and getting some shots -- can shoot and head.

Obertan -- Wasn't impressive at ManU either

9th or 10th

6-7th -- honestly, I see Newcastle taking over Everton's spot in the PL dry.png

I respect him, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's time for a breath of fresh air. At the same time, if he had money to spend, he'd probably have a few trophies.

He's decent. I think he's made some good purchases save Obertan.

Nah, not much of an opinion really.

NUFC 2-1 Everton -- Ba scores early on, and we struggle to come back and level with Vellios/Saha scoring, and then Ba puts in a another goal near the end.