IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was some confusion over how old Milla actually was at Italia 90, I saw the tournament sometimes, one of the best of the last 30 years some said, even Milla himself was unsure about how old he even was of all things, some said 36, others 43, it was probably something inbetween the two

I don't think Cameroon qualified for USA 94, so Milla wouldn't have been involved, it's the 1990 tourney everybody associates him with

Actually, it appears he was, sorry Mr Milla. But the last bit still applies though.

I'm pretty sure I know this one actually. I think that Samuel Eto'o has scored considerably more goals than anyone else in the African Cup of Nations during his time at Cameroon, he has since retired so his record is up for grabs but if I remember rightly his goal tally is quite remarkable.

I'm too young to remember him sad.png

Yes, Cameroon's Samuel Eto'o with a total of 18 goals in ACN Finals.

Tuesday 14th February 2012:

How many past & present Football League clubs had an "X" in their name?

Was born in Uxbridgesmile.png ....never had a league team to my knowledge.

They definatly do have a team Mike - I'm 99% sure that Jermaine Beckford used to play for them before moving to Leeds United.

Vauxhall Motors are also a team to have an 'X' in their team name and I'm sure that they have been in the Football League at some stage, other than that I can think of anymore (unless you want to count Xylaphone FC).

You're right that Beckford played for them (which I didn't know) but they've never been a league club.....

My mistake Mike.

I thought you said that Uxbridge had never had a club so I was pointing out that an Uxbridge FC do exist and play football weekly. I woulden't argue however that they have never been in the football league (along with Vauxhall Motors who I guessed earlier - they might have had a season in the league but I doubt it).

I'm pretty sure we have guessed all the 'X' teams to be honest :)

Was born in Uxbridgesmile.png ....never had a league team to my knowledge.

I'd done them on an accumulator the other week,(but just checked the southern league and their in the division below unsure.png does skybet go that far? ) I was unsure wether they had played in the pro leagues, so (slightly cheated) googled them and the 1st line says their established in 1871 tbh, so assumed they must have. Crazy they've been around so long and never made the football league.

Vinnie Jones was "Welsh" & Lawrie Sanchez was Northern Irish.

Was? So have they changed nationallity? ;)

Vinnie Jones was actually born in Watford, England but chose to play for the Welsh National team because he was desperate to get onto the world stage. He was allowed to do this due to one of his grand-parents being from Wales.

Wimbledon and Coventry City however are both wrong answers. Try again.

Vinnie Jones was actually born in Watford, England but chose to play for the Welsh National team because he was desperate to get onto the world stage. He was allowed to do this due to one of his grand-parents being from Wales.

I know...I lived in Wimbledon for years and saw Vinnie and the rest in the pub often. He was a twat.

Alan Cork was a good lad....and I had the odd drink with Bobby Gould which was funsmile.png .

marcopaulo was the first person to get this one right so he earns some valuable points. The answer to my question was indeed Dwight Yorke who managed to score 123 goals for Aston Villa, Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers, Birmingham City and Sunderland and as he comes from a lovely part of the world called Trinidad & Tobago (Africa) it means that he qualifies for my question.

Which part of Africa is Trinidad and Tobago in?

Just askin? lol

Wednesday 15th February 2012:

Which African National team are called the Chipolopolo?

Sticking to my theory that these qu's are written inconjunction with what's just happened, then it must be Zambia.

Yes, Newly-crowned African Champions Zambia. The name comes from the country's Copper industry.

African Cup of Nations Finals 2012

Thursday 16th February 2012:

Who was the first English player to win League Championships in three different countries?

Friday 17th February 2012:

Which Olympic Games Men's Football Final had the highest attendance?

West ham?

Due to the forum being offline I've not been able to clarify your answer. Your guess of West Ham is indeed correct;

The answer was the 1975 team who beat Fulham 2-0 in the final. The line-up was: Mervyn Day, Jack McDowell, Frank Lampard, Billy Bonds ©, Tommy Taylor, Kevin Lock, Billy Jennings, Greham Paddon, Alan Taylor, Trevor Brooking and Pat Holland.

Congratulations to you Jona!

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 8:

What is the biggest ever half-time score? (In a professional match).