IGNORED

Love Them Ot Loathe Them

This is good news,

18 months ago this club seemed to be losing money hand over fist and didn't have two pennies to rub together.

OK we have had a bit of good fortune with finishing 4th and the extra money that comes with it. But that alone doesn't account for a turnaround from a operatinng lose of £17M to a profit of £0.1M

Not to mention the money Rooney brought in to the club, it gave us the breathing space needed.

What it does go to show is that Everton are managing the finances a lot better than they have done in the past.

The fact the running debt has been reduce from a whopping £47M to a more managable £28M is a huge bust for the club.

So the finances of the club look to be managable and the most is starting to be made of the Everton 'brand'. We have a stronger squad now than we have had for a long long time. Other than the poor start to this season we have had, we have got as much to smile about now than we have had for a long time.

I really think we are definately on the up (considering were we have been). It was just 12 months ago that we were all praying for the so called FSF to bring some money in to help ease our dire strates.

How much is the club worth now, compared to when it was almost 'stolen' 12 months ago?

Credit has to go to Moyes for the achievement of the pitch and to Wyness for the way the finacial running of the club. Let hope the next couple of years sees continuation of this good work.

good news, lets hope we dont go back into the shit :lol:

That is fantastic news - and the best for a long time in terms of our cash flow crisis. Perhaps now we can move forwards with pace and leave the others behind. The fact that we could possibly move into the 'top 20' in terms of football club riches is extrodinary - and seems almost unbelievable and I would have laughed at anyone who would have suggested such a thing - only a year ago I laughed at KW for suggesting that Everton could make money! How wrong was i, how glad am I that I was wrong!?

That is fantastic news - and the best for a long time in terms of our cash flow crisis. Perhaps now we can move forwards with pace and leave the others behind. The fact that we could possibly move into the 'top 20' in terms of football club riches is extrodinary - and seems almost unbelievable and I would have laughed at anyone who would have suggested such a thing - only a year ago I laughed at KW for suggesting that Everton could make money! How wrong was i, how glad am I that I was wrong!?

Another massive turnaround, meanwhile, comes in the area of bank borrowing. The running debt which stood at £47m last year has been slashed to £28m.

this makes gerat reading!!!!

incredible cant believe they managed this. Well done to all envolved lets hope we can move forward from here and try improve again next year :lol:

I emailed KW about it....Sad I know!

He says that he wants to get our turnover higher than Tottenhams this year (£70m) - then we would be considered once again as a top premiership club. Happy days!

I mean - Sunderland announced £8m loss

Newcastle announced a £9m loss

The RS announced a staggering £11.7m loss (and they won the CL as well!!!)

So to make an actual profit - sign 8 players, reduce the debt from £44m to £28m is a fantastic!!!

We have done well in the financial stakes - lets hope that the team can produce the same on the field this weekend...

oh, did I mention its my birthday on Sunday!!! WE BETTER WIN BORO - OR IT WILL RUIN MY BIRTHDAY!

It is good news, and signs of us moving forward. Without getting carried away, and I'm not trying to be negative, these figures obviously don't include the new signings. Overall, I think it is a sign of steady progress, nothing more, and it needs to be continued.

The key is budgeting sensibly, and the next 2 years will give us a better idea of where we are headed.

Still, there are definite signs of improvement.

Yes it makes good reading for now

just a couple of points, to think about

it doesnt inlcude the money spent on the new players this year

and alot of the extra money was made up from a unexpected 4th place finish

which we certainly wont have next year, so the figures will come down

Yes it makes good reading for now

just a couple of points, to think about

it doesnt inlcude the money spent on the new players this year

and alot of the extra money was made up from a unexpected 4th place finish

which we certainly wont have next year, so the figures will come down

I dont think we actually made that much money from our 4th place finish because we didnt make the money spinning group stage of the champions league so the only money we really got ,was the money from the FA which i think was around 8-9m for finishing 4th(correct me if im wrong). So we would not have made that much more money than someone like Boro who finished 7th.

I dont think we actually made that much money from our 4th place finish because we didnt make the money spinning group stage of the champions league so the only money we really got ,was the money from the FA which i think was around 8-9m for finishing 4th(correct me if im wrong). So we would not have made that much more money than someone like Boro who finished 7th.

we got more tv money by being in 4th from january

that was the point i was trying to make

was clear as mud

I emailed KW about it....Sad I know!

He says that he wants to get our turnover higher than Tottenhams this year (£70m) - then we would be considered once again as a top premiership club. Happy days!

I mean - Sunderland announced £8m loss

Newcastle announced a £9m loss

The RS announced a staggering £11.7m loss (and they won the CL as well!!!)

So to make an actual profit - sign 8 players, reduce the debt from £44m to £28m is a fantastic!!!

We have done well in the financial stakes - lets hope that the team can produce the same on the field this weekend...

oh, did I mention its my birthday on Sunday!!! WE BETTER WIN BORO - OR IT WILL RUIN MY BIRTHDAY!

Slow down, Don't get to over exited about it just yet, I have a very strong feeling the money spent on player this summer is not taken in to account in these figures.

i.e I think these figure are up to the end of LAST season - i.e money in for Rooney etc. But only money spent will only be that on BT and the summer befores signings.

Not 100% sure exactely how the figure stack up (i.e is it £10M for Rooney in these accounts and a further £10M this year due to staggered payment, or is it the £20M/£28M that is included in these figures etc)

I would hassard a guess that this running debt may still need to have the money spent this summer added to it. (It may look a lot smaller becasue the Rooney money that couldn't be spent last summer off set a large amount of the debt in this round of accounts)

However, forgeting the transfer balance sheet, to turn around a operating profit of -£17M to +£0.1M is still a great achievment.

So I basically think the profit shown for player transfer will have now evened itself out because we spent a lot more this summer than we got back on players sold.

The running debt will be back nearer the £40M mark, but this is under control.

The change from making -£17M to making £0.1M, means we don't have to sell our best players to pay of this annual operating loss or increase our overdraft or running debt (i.e we would be £44M + £17M = £61M in debt)

In reallity, (forgetting any money made or spent on players) we made £0.1M profit between 1st June 2004 and 31st May 2005.

I think the exact figure are a lot more complex than what I have talked about, but I think I am looking at them in the correct context.

Guest fozzie22
Another massive turnaround, meanwhile, comes in the area of bank borrowing. The running debt which stood at £47m last year has been slashed to £28m.

this makes gerat reading!!!!

Rooneys cash..simple as

It will be back to more or less the same next year

Unless the FSF funding comes up ;):D:D

As peeps have said,these figures dont take into account the new signings..so the question will be asked now is this..how much will DM have to spend NEXT summer...not much,not much at all.

After all we havent got another rooney to give away.

And for the last time,we got 20 mill for shrek,not 28,that figure is nonsense now as the mancs lost out on the FA cup last season,in the end we'll be lucky to see 22-23 mill for him,and given the way they are playing they may have to offload him when they get relegated.

Edited by fozzie22

I agree Fozzie next years finacial statement will be the real acid test. This years is greatly affected by the fact we had Rooney money on the books, and had a bit of a wonder season. Next season will have to take into account all the money spent this summer as well as January.

We have had good Premiership coverage this half of this season, we need to really push on between now and Xmas with hopefully some good exiting football, so Everton are in the forefront of Skys minds when the second half of the years TV fixtures are drawn up.

This article in the echo breaks things up a little.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0400eve...-name_page.html

Given the money in football these, and the fact last season was our best Premiership season ever, and the fact we sold a home grown player for £20M I would have been suprised if this had not been our most finacially successful season ever.

I am usually one of the most optomistic posters on this forum, and I think a lot of good thinks have been done on the finacial side this last 12 months (maybe largely down to the fact the Rooney money did give us breathing space)

But like Fozzie, I think its the next couple of year accounts that will really give us an indication if we are in the worlds Top 20 clubs finacially (couldn't belive that when I read it) I very much doubt it.

Forgive me if i am asking a stupid question but didnt the artical say that the figures were not including player transfares?

That means rooney money on which was given to moysey to buy players (which he did) absorbes the cost of the new players!

I'm not following why everyone keeps talking about "the rooney money being on the books" does anyone want to enlighten me?

Guest fozzie22
Forgive me if i am asking a stupid question but didnt the artical say that the figures were not including player transfares?

That means rooney money on which was given to moysey to buy players (which he did) absorbes the cost of the new players!

I'm not following why everyone keeps talking about "the rooney money being on the books" does anyone want to enlighten me?

Yeah,these accounts are for last year..the always publish them a year behind

Tax and being audited crap like that.

Guest fozzie22
Hence the term...Rubbery figures.

...Regardless though & however achieved it does look a little bit better than 18-24 months ago.

Still a long road ahead.

Thats as maybe Pat,but we've spent some cash now so it'll be more or less the same come next year :D

Thats as maybe Pat,but we've spent some cash now so it'll be more or less the same come next year :(

Thats very true - but having said that the article refers to Rooneys money as though it has been given to Moyesy to spend. If that is the case then it cant have been factored into paying off the debts etc...We wont know for certain until the end of this month (27th i think) when the figures are released.

On the other hand - we may well be in the same position but...

we now have a larger squad and the board are realising that short term fixes (i.e. Joe Max Moores etc.etc. and selling Jeffers/Ball etc.) only damage the club further and the long term investments such as extra corporate seating and facilities, more players - both experienced and young will only have a positive effect on the game!!!

VDM, Ferrari, Kroldrup, Cahill, Arteta are all still very young and should give the club a great service in the years to come.

The financial position will hopefully allow us to keep hold of these players and not have to nurture them into stars to only sell them to balance the books.

If the merchandise etc continues to do well - then I am sure that the club will only move forward...

Lets hope that this is the first year of many that produce good results - all round the club!

Guest fozzie22
Thats very true - but having said that the article refers to Rooneys money as though it has been given to Moyesy to spend. If that is the case then it cant have been factored into paying off the debts etc...We wont know for certain until the end of this month (27th i think) when the figures are released.

On the other hand - we may well be in the same position but...

we now have a larger squad and the board are realising that short term fixes (i.e. Joe Max Moores etc.etc. and selling Jeffers/Ball etc.) only damage the club further and the long term investments such as extra corporate seating and facilities, more players - both experienced and young will only have a positive effect on the game!!!

VDM, Ferrari, Kroldrup, Cahill, Arteta are all still very young and should give the club a great service in the years to come.

The financial position will hopefully allow us to keep hold of these players and not have to nurture them into stars to only sell them to balance the books.

If the merchandise etc continues to do well - then I am sure that the club will only move forward...

Lets hope that this is the first year of many that produce good results - all round the club!

I agree..but its BK we're talking about here :(

I agree..but its BK we're talking about here :(

thats the only problem - if it was Bill Gates or Richard Branson - we'd be sorted - not because of their cash - but because they know how to run a business and make cash!

Unfortunately - BK only knows how to produce low-key theatre shows for kids - theatre impresario my arse! :(

I think Wyness is a decent business man, especially with the football cross-over and they are making in roads to running Everton as a better business.

However, I think the majority of last year good finacial results (or turnover) can be direclty attributed to:

- Rooney transfer (and the intrest saving of having his money in the bank)

- Premiership Prize money on last seasons league position

- Larger slice of TV money on the back of a good league position

- Better sponsership deal because of last season league position

Common denominator????

We have got decent TV exposure the first end of this season, on the back of last season results.

So between now a Xmas - the team needs to be 'on form' and get up the table so we are in Sky's thoughts for the second half of the season and able to get a larger chunk of prize money.

The turnover generated last seasons is only sustainable if the club does reasonabley well on the pitch. Its not as if last season some new previousely unknow source of revenue has been found at Goodison park.

Simple - Highest ever finish in Premiership = highest ever turnover.

What is a little scary is we finished 4th and had our most finacial successful year ever making a whopping £100,000 profit. (all transfer dealings apart)

I think these figures are for financial year July 2004 to July 2005.

So this would include Tommy Graveson and first £10M for Rooney transfer. God knows when the money to be paid for the other £7.5M for the "if Man Utd win anything" clauses are fulfilled.

I don't think these figures would include the second Rooney payment of £10M as this was paid at start of August 2005.

Pretty good news overall though! We need to be in Europe this season though if we're looking for an ongoing improvement. I think each league position is worth about £500,000 in Sky money or something isn't it?

I think the finances would just stay flat if we were mid-table.

Better than we were though!!

I think these figures are for financial year July 2004 to July 2005.

So this would include Tommy Graveson and first £10M for Rooney transfer. God knows when the money to be paid for the other £7.5M for the "if Man Utd win anything" clauses are fulfilled.

I don't think these figures would include the second Rooney payment of £10M as this was paid at start of August 2005.

Pretty good news overall though! We need to be in Europe this season though if we're looking for an ongoing improvement. I think each league position is worth about £500,000 in Sky money or something isn't it?

I think the finances would just stay flat if we were mid-table.

Better than we were though!!

People are commenting that 'best ever financial results and we only made £100k'

Firstly - it is NOT the best ever financial results - its the best ever club turnover and the most the club has ever been worth as an asset. There is a difference.

Secondly - the £100k. It seems pathetically small, I agree. But you have to look at the contrast. Spurs turned over £70m this year - with a gross (before tax) profit of £8.7m (BBC website).

Look at our figures. we reduced our astromical debt from £47m to £28m. (i.e. reduced by £19m (if my figures are correct).

So, all in all we actually made a massive profit of £19.1m (approx) - but due to past endeavours, our books show only £100k profit.

I think that we have to mindful that the debt has reduced significantly and our 'repayments' are probably not anywhere near as pressurised or as large - meaning that we have some freedom (I hope) to spend and borrow against equity and assets that are now in the black. i.e. - more cash for more players.

I could be totally wrong - but that is how I see it, having read the Dom King article.

Sorry Rowlo, I think you are totally wrong.

We only made the profit you claim (£19.1) if you include all the money we MADE on transfers last season.

The debt reduction (from £47 to £28M) is only the Rooney money et al sitting in the bank waiting to be spent (and we all know this summer it was spent)

So next year expect the debt to be back around the £40M+

Forgetting any transfer money the profit we made was £100,000.

Now in reallity, had we been able to spend this Transfer money last year (and not had it sitting in the Bank) then the £100,000 we made this year would have been swallowed up in intrest charges anyhow. (i.e we saved about £400,000 in interest cost because of this money was in the bank)

If we not sold or bought any player over the last 18 month, then the clubs over all finacial perfocmance last season would have been a small loss of about £300k.

All I am trying to get over is a realistic perception on what we acctually MADE last season, even though we had such a great season 'finacially' and on the pitch. I jsut think it scary that we had a great season on the pitch last year and basically broke even.

I know it doesn't sound as good when you look at it properly, However, the year before we made a loss of about £17M (with all things being equal), so we are getting better.

I just don't want people thinking we are making money hand over fist, becasue we definately are not (unless we are able to sell a Rooney every year)

I largely disagree - think about the other monies that the club received this year - we got £12m from sky up front.

We also received (not sure on exact figure) around the same figure (£12m) for finishing 4th.

Plus the Rooney Money of £10m (already spent £10m in January - £6m BT, £2.5m received for Gravesen = £6.5m left over - althought the Tommy money has probably never materialised yet!).

The other £10m for Rooney plus the £6.5m above = £16.5m - we spent that in closed season on players.

So the debt has had to be paid off somewhere - given that we spent around £21m on players - that means that from transfers of Rooney and Gravesen, the club put in an extra (approx) £5m for Moysey to spend.

Therefore - the figures still show a debt reduction. So they MUST have paid some of the debt off - meaning that the tax man has been avoided and the profits were actually very high this year - but show small due to the debt.

I will know more when I go to the annual share holders meeting (AGM) on the 27th (i think) and receive my copy of the clubs official financial results. Then I will let you guys know how it has been worked.

What I can say - from experience - is that I doubt any auditting or accountancy firm would allow Everton NOT to declare its pre-tax spending when announcing turn over results - its not possible to show a payment from debt if it actually hasn't been paid - and you CANNOT reduce a debt figure based on company assets - whether liquid or not - in other words, the club can not say -'we've got £20m in the bank, so effectively the debt is £20m less' - its not permissable as its not the case and the club could spend the £20m before paying off debt - so No accoutant would include it as debt payment!

I think that you have to remember that the club pay a repayment to the mortgage company of around £250,000 a month - for the stadium. So thats a reduction of

£3m a year anyway...

I hope you are right, as I said I THOUGHT you were totally wrong, but you seem to had a good handle on things so I won't argue the point anymore.

I just thought that a turn around from a £17M loss to a £100,000 profit, plus a reduction in THE debt of £19M has to be too good to be true.

That then means last years performace was about £35M better than the previouse 12 months (and not including a penny we made on the sale of players)

I would be greatful if you could send me a copy of the accounts when you get them, because I find it all very interesting.