IGNORED

Zoo's Quiz.

Zoo

2a6no7n.png

Help!, there's questions all over the place, it's like trying to answer three at the same time. Need some organization here

Right, first things first I've got nothing against the 'Football Trivia' thread but it's full of questions all over the place and IMO it's getting rather confusing. From now on all the quiz questions that I post will be in here so that there can be some organisation between members questions and people can see what the answers are without going through a page of posts on a completely different topic.

I for example have posted questions and have not noticed that someone has answered them and similarly I have answered trivia questions and not had a response as to whether it is right or wrong. So, from now on if you want to answer my trivia questions you'll need to pop in here.

Hope you guys don't mind (if this thread isn't needed then can a mod delete it - I'm just trying to help the forum).

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 1:

Which team holds the longest 'un-beaten at home' record.

Answer:

England - Chelsea (answered correctly by MikeO)

Europe - Real Madrid (answered correctly by MikeO)

Edited by Zoo

In the Premiership? Top Flight? English Leagues? British Leagues? Anywhere at all?

Points will be awarded for someone who correctly guesses the longest 'un-beaten home record' in England and more points will be awarded for someone who correctly guesses the longest 'un-beaten' home record in Europe.

I probably should have pointed that out at the beginning, apologies Rubes.

No worries Zoo I will accept the points for pointing it out, and picking Boca Juniors too LOL.

Longest unbeaten record in Europe might be Benfica??

In England surely it is Arsenal who went through an entire season without getting beaten. Or are we looking at lower leagues too. If so I don't have a clue.

In England surely it is Arsenal who went through an entire season without getting beaten. Or are we looking at lower leagues too. If so I don't have a clue.

I'm afraid your wrong on both counts Rubes. Benfica do not hold the European record and Arsenal do not hold the English record. As for what leagues my answer is based on the clubs that have the best European record and the English record are professional, so as long as they are professional they will have a chance of being right.

Used to be a team called Wanderers back in the 1800's that almost never lost a game. Would that be the sort of thing you are looking for? Other than that I could go on guessing for ever.

I'm afraid you are wrong, the only clue that I am going to give you (or anyone else that is interested) is that both these records were set in either the 20th or the 21st Century so you don't need to look in the 1800's for the answer.

Sorry!

Preston and Barcalona, complete guesses.

I would say Preston and how about Red Star?

Porto maybe for the European one?, no idea on the English one

I have to say that Preston, Barcelona, Porto and Red Star are all incorrect answers for this question. Keep guessing!

Honved or Dinamo then!

Nope.

Chelsea went a few years unbeaten at home (I misread the question to start with, thought it was unbeaten overall....missed the "at home" bit).

Correct! Well done Mike, the British record is held by Chelsea who under Jose Mourinho went unbeaten for a total of 86 home league games between the dates 20 March 2004 and 5 October 2008.

Congratulations, points to you!

Porto has already been said mate.

I'm just looking back through the posts and it seems MikeO has also correctly guessed the European answer (I was typing my post as you were). Real Madrid hold the longest record for home wins as they went an astonishing 121 game without losing at the Santiago Bernebau between the 17th February 1957 and the 7th March 1967 (just under eight years).

Congratulations again Mike, more points for you meaning you take the maximum points on offer from Round 1!

He hasn't technically guessed but I thought it would be really harsh not to give him the points after him saying one of the right answers. It's an informal quiz and I thought seeing as Mike was the first person to bring up Real Madrid he should be rewarded.

He's a mod too and it's wise not to piss off the mods Grammar Police.gif .

Application to be a chair on Mastermind

Name..........................................................................................................

Experience................................................................................................

Mental Age.................................................................................................

(Just for you Mike)

Application to be a chair on Mastermind

Name......Mike O'Toffeetalk.........................................................................................................

Experience.......Jimi Hendrix? Or is it a trick question?...............................................................

Mental Age......Three and three quarters...................................................................................

So here we go, it's that time of the day again.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 2:

Out of all the teams that have taken part in the Premier League since its formation in 1992 which team has released and worn the most kits?

Answer: Everton (46) (answered correctly by MikeO).

Edited by Zoo