IGNORED

Zoo's Quiz.

Zoo

Didn't he score in the 1967 all London cup final. Frank Saul (?) got the other and Bobby Tambling the Chelsea goal if it's the one I'm thinking of.

I recognize the name but didn't even give him a thought to the above question, and wasn't aware he ever played for arsenal either. I was even thinking of Clive Allen at one stage of all things.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 70:

Which six players won Championship medals in both the old First Division and the Premier League?

1 - Eric Cantona; Leeds United & Manchester United (correctly answered by Fearthainn).

2 - Tony Adams; Arsenal (correctly answered by Dalziel Kane).

3 - Steve Bould; Arsenal (correctly answered by Fearthainn).

4 - Lee Dixon; Arsenal (correctly answered by Fearthainn).

5 - David Seaman; Arsenal (correctly answered by Romey 1878).

6 - Nigel Winterburn; Arsenal (correctly answered by pete0).

Edited by Zoo

Are you sure Batty's not correct - Leeds/Blackburn?

How about David Platt if not?

Yes and No. Batty was a Blackburn Rovers player for 1994/95 but spent most of the campaign on the injury roster and declined a championship medal as he felt he hadn't earned it. Of course he was a part of the Leeds side that won the league in 1992. I wasn't aware of the first information, although remember him being with Rovers at the time.

I was 99 per cent sure on Adams and so it proved, sure he lifted the championship the day they beat us 4 - 0 in 1998 in our near relegation season.

Merson incorrect it seems, but I knew he played in the 1988/89 title winning side and was involved right up until the near end of the next decade, but he must have moved on just before Arsenals next league championship success

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 71:

Name the four winners of the 'Texaco Cup';

1 - Wolverhampton Wanderers; 1970-1971 (correctly answered by MikeO).

2 - Derby County; 1971-1972 (correctly answered by MikeO).

3 - Ipswich Town; 1972-1973 (correctly answered by J).

4 - Newcastle United; 1974-1975 & 1975-1976 (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

Edited by Zoo