IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day (II)

THFC6061

You may not like him, he may not like you, but make no mistake about it, Michel Platini was a damn fine player, at his peak he was the best player in Europe for a time and won the european player of the year award three times in a row.

You're too young to remember but I saw him play at the time and he was instrumental in helping respective teams get a result, almost single handed, won the 1984 Championships for France. Say what you like, but at times he was a phenomenal player.

Doesn't matter how good of a footballer he was, the man's making a mockery of the game at present. His ideals are corrupt and he needs booting out with the rest of them.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotland 0 England 2 Scholes 2

England 0 Scotland 1 Hutchison

I remember the second game vividly as I watched some of it in a bar on Ko Samui, Thailand, it was the last time Scots and English have met in any kind of fixture I'm sure. Also the same night Ireland lost to Turkey in another play off on away goals I remember, it was a bad night for Celtic cousins

Yes, Paul Scholes scored twice for England at Hampden Park & Don Hutchison scored for Scotland at Wembley.

The teams will next meet in August 2013.

Tuesday 19th June 2012:

Which three clubs have won the Ukrainian National League since season 1991-92?

Dinamo Kiev, Dnipro & Shakhtar Donetsk I'd have said. Metalist have only been in Europa I think.

(Those are the only four I can think of anyway)

Dynamo Kyiv (13 League titles) and Shakhtar Donetsk (7 League titles) are both correct.

But not Dnipro or Shakhtar.

The remaining club won the first Ukrainian Championship in 1991-92.

Dynamo Kyiv (13 League titles) and Shakhtar Donetsk (7 League titles) are both correct.

But not Dnipro or Shakhtar.

The remaining club won the first Ukrainian Championship in 1991-92.

Arsenal something or other, take a guess at Arsenal Kiev.

Arsenal something or other, take a guess at Arsenal Kiev.

Tavriya Simferopol (1 League title - the first season of the Ukrainian League in 1991-92)

Ukrainian Football League Champions - Premier Liga - from season 1991-92 to season 2011-12

Wednesday 20th June 2012:

How many of the 6 FIFA World Cup or UEFA European Championship matches played so far against Italy have England won?

You can find the answer here...

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Good luck!

in 1990 there was a third place play off that Italy won, they also won in 1980 in the group stages, I don't remember before that such an occasion

I honestly can't remember such a thing, you may well have to go back to the 1950s maybe

There has to be a time however, so I will say one, fuck knows when that happened, but there must have been one time - just can't recall it.

in 1990 there was a third place play off that Italy won, they also won in 1980 in the group stages, I don't remember before that such an occasion

I honestly can't remember such a thing, you may well have to go back to the 1950s maybe

There has to be a time however, so I will say one, fuck knows when that happened, but there must have been one time - just can't recall it.

Yes, England have beaten Italy just once in World Cup & European Championship matches: 2-0 in a World Cup qualifier at Wembley on 16th November 1977.

Thursday 21st June 2012:

Which Italian club has the most players participating at the UEFA Euro 2012 Finals?

Total guess at Juve.

Yes

Yes, Juventus with 7 players: Gianluigi Buffon, Giorgio Chiellini, Claudio Marchisio, Emanuele Giaccherini, Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci & Andrea Pirlo (all with Italy).

UEFA European Football Championships 2012 Finals Competition

Friday 22nd June 2012:

Which two players have started the last six full England internationals?

young i'd definitely say...possibly parker seein as he's been bummed lately? or maybe gerrard

Yes, Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur) and Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Saturday 23rd June 2012:

Which three players finished the UEFA Euro 2012 Finals Group Stage with three assists each?

Yes, Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur) and Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Saturday 23rd June 2012:

Which three players finished the UEFA Euro 2012 Finals Group Stage with three assists each?

Gerrard, Ozil and Arshavin?

Edited by c1982

It saved me having to elaborate more on the individual in question and furthermore not everyone is 'dead' so to speak i.e. Lord Lucan, Elvis Presley, that guy who fell off a boat about 20 years ago, Maxwell that's him, staged his own death etc

But above all else, the player in question here is as dead as Julius Ceasar, there can be no mistake - all we need is a name.

It can only be a handful of people for sure.