IGNORED

Moyes should go/Moyes should stay

Someone called Moose on TalkSport said that Moyes has held talks with Spurs. I presume that's why betting is suspended.

The club have since denied that there has been contact from Spurs on TalkSport.

I'm actually indifferent about whether he goes or not, he just needs to decide soon. Personally, I can't see him leaving the North West.

Just noticed, Everton's Director of Communications has threatened legal action against the guy if he says it has happened again. Seems kind of harsh, it's just a football rumour.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have given even money he would have ended up at Celtic maybe, the Manchester United position if ever Ferguson leaves sounds a bit far fetched, and their supporters wouldn't thank that appointment, and Moyes going to the white half of North London also sounds a bit questionable but on a lesser extent, if and when he does vacate Goodison, he will invariably go elsewhere for another post to keep himself busy or try and win a trophy even, but good luck with that with his negative approaches. There will be no tears shed if he were to leave this summer, nice enough individual, but for the good of the club, maybe it's time to move on. Thanks for what you have done in the decade here but there's simply going to be no end product in way of a trophy under your management. Said that before.

Just noticed, Everton's Director of Communications has threatened legal action against the guy if he says it has happened again. Seems kind of harsh, it's just a football rumour.

In any other business though, if someone on the radio said something had happened, and it was total fabrication, they'd be held to account wouldn't they?

Why is it different because it's football? Particularly if it's actually invention rather than rumour.

So Redknapp was confirmed to leave a few hours ago and now Moyes, at 11pm in the middle of summer when he's probably on holiday, with the league season starting again in just TWO MONTHS, has already found time to hold talks with them? Right....

I think it may turn out that contingency measures for the England job merry go round were put in place ages ago.

Spurs know who their next manager is that's for sure. You don't let a manager who has delivered back to back top 4 finishes, a champions league quarter final go without knowing the successor, they had plenty of time to plan for what was "the people's choice" taking the England job.

I think it may turn out that contingency measures for the England job merry go round were put in place ages ago.

Spurs know who their next manager is that's for sure. You don't let a manager who has delivered back to back top 4 finishes, a champions league quarter final go without knowing the successor, they had plenty of time to plan for what was "the people's choice" taking the England job.

*sigh*

In any other business though, if someone on the radio said something had happened, and it was total fabrication, they'd be held to account wouldn't they?

Why is it different because it's football? Particularly if it's actually invention rather than rumour.

He claimed to have seen the Spurs list of targets, with Moyes being top and Martinez next. Should have his arse whooped by the lawyers.. We could do with the extra revenue.

If Tottenham are serious about replacing Redknapp with Moyes I don't know what they're thinking at really. They have a decent forward line and strikers of note that would appear wasted or not utilized efficiently under his watch. I don't think a number of supporters would welcome it even. It's not having a go at Moyes, I don't dislike the man, but sometimes think the switch questionable, or even, it just wouldn't work out. Best thing to do is maybe wait until the dust settles on this, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Moyes is still Everton club manager by start of new season.

Best case scenario if Moyes goes to Spurs, is that we install a clause to stop Spurs from taking any of our players with him, even wave compensation so they can have Round for free, and we keep our core background/youth staff and scouting network/knowledge.

Worst case scenario if he did go to Spurs, who are likely to lose Modric, possibly VDV and Bale so will be more cash-rich than usual. So will be able to fund for Fellaini, Jags, Barkley, and Rodwell who would then follow or go to another club that matches the bids. Then with Baines off to United and Cahill to the Emirates, which would leave a huge dent in our line up (quality and quantity wise), would probs have a knock on effect and scare Johnny away. Leaving us with:

Howard

Hibbert Yobo Distin Garbutt

Osman Gibson Junior Gueye

Baxter

Jelavic

Mucha, Neville, Duffy, Coleman, Wallace, Anichebe, Vellios.

Theoretically we'd have a £100 mil to rebuild, but would have difficulty of keeping as much as possible away from the bank and in the transfer fund (so basically no debt and £60 mil then). As well as the problem of keeping other players from jumping a sinking ship, especially the youngsters who we will have to rely on more heavily. But at least we would be grooming them to keep us in the league rather than out the red for a change.

This all said, I still believe we would be strong enough to stay in the league, and with the right manager and scouting network/youth development we could be back on our feet in 5 years, just in time for the return of Arteta (who will have grown 6 more legs and officially turned into a crab) and Rooney (who will have his pubes plastered to his head after running out of hair follicles on his neck).

Disclaimer: I deny all responsibility of depression or pessimism caused by this post tongue.png

I think its time for him to go. I actually liked the sound of Pete0's example above. That side is still a prem worthy side, with no debt and 60 mil in the bank.

Spend those on Hoilett, dempsey, Holtby/mcgeady and Holt and off we go. Top 4. *slightly ironic. But it wouldnt be that bad. Might even make the club sellable.

I just hope there are good coaches out there that are ready to roll up their sleaves and go to work with a team without any money.

Btw, quick note on the players Pete0 listed. Theres no way in hell Moyes will want Barkley. He doesnt seem to rate him.

You never know how good a manager will be with a side unless he has a chance. Wigan have a shit team, with shit players and no real attraction to buy new players.

Given the chance he could come good with a better side. In the same way Moyes did coming from preston.

You never know how good a manager will be with a side unless he has a chance. Wigan have a shit team, with shit players and no real attraction to buy new players.

Given the chance he could come good with a better side. In the same way Moyes did coming from preston.

they haven't progressed one bit though...let's get pulis he's done a far better job