9 replies to this topic

#1 Oztoffee

Oztoffee

Alex Young

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 Jul 2006 - 06:29

Reading the thread on Rooney a little while ago, brought me to the realisation that DM is a canny Scot!
He kept Rooney on the bench while he was in the England squad & resisted as long as he could, the clamour to get him on the field to bolster what was at the time a saggy team.
Why?
I reckon he knew that we couldn't hang on to Rooney who was aching to get somewhere where could show his talents off. DM also knew that the longer he played Rooney, the more Rooney would get booked / sent off & that if potential buyers saw what DM had seen in training (disruptive influence) his transfer value would reduce quickly & that he could be a liability.
So......... keep him off the field & keep his value to the club high!
What do others think?
Moyes SMART or LUCKY?

#2 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,446 posts

Posted 06 Jul 2006 - 10:29

You ever thought of a career as a politician?

#3 scouse

scouse

Joe Royle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 06 Jul 2006 - 11:33

I think he was just trying to nurture him, if he played more his value would have went up as his talents far outweigh his flaws.

#4 Heh

Heh

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 Jul 2006 - 11:39

Reading the thread on Rooney a little while ago, brought me to the realisation that DM is a canny Scot!
He kept Rooney on the bench while he was in the England squad & resisted as long as he could, the clamour to get him on the field to bolster what was at the time a saggy team.
Why?
I reckon he knew that we couldn't hang on to Rooney who was aching to get somewhere where could show his talents off. DM also knew that the longer he played Rooney, the more Rooney would get booked / sent off & that if potential buyers saw what DM had seen in training (disruptive influence) his transfer value would reduce quickly & that he could be a liability.
What do others think?
Moyes      SMART or LUCKY?

View Post

Lucky. His transfer dealings would indicate that he`s not that astute.

#5 Zed

Zed

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 06 Jul 2006 - 11:44

Why?
What do others think?
Moyes      SMART or LUCKY?

View Post

I think you think too much

#6 Pat

Pat

"Former Coca Cola Yo Yo Championship Runner Up"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2006 - 01:04

I think it would be fair to state that towrads the end, Wayne became detremnetal to our team.

Hmmm why would you say that Pat?

SImply coz I believe we became to reliant on Wayne...way to reliant...Think of all the 1-0's & the amount of times we sat @ 0-0 with 10 or so to go & we all new the only way out was WAYNE.

We played like a poor team with 1 star.

In all honesty maybe Wayne had 2 go?

#7 Oztoffee

Oztoffee

Alex Young

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2006 - 03:17

That was my point in a round about way Pat. You are right, he had to go & DM was, I believe playing a good game in not trying to play him too much.

#8 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 09 Jul 2006 - 11:48

I think it would be fair to state that towrads the end, Wayne became detremnetal to our team.

Hmmm  why would you say that Pat?

SImply coz I believe we became to reliant on Wayne...way to reliant...Think of all the 1-0's & the amount of times we sat @ 0-0 with 10 or so to go & we all new the only way out was WAYNE.

We  played like a poor team with 1 star.

In all honesty maybe Wayne had 2 go?

View Post

agree a team isnt made of 1 man

#9 Ola

Ola

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 10 Jul 2006 - 06:20

agree a team isnt made of 1 man

View Post

:rolleyes: nope its made of a squad of players all after the same goal ;)

#10 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 10 Jul 2006 - 20:26

i think your smart for coming up with that ;) sounds true but im not too sure if it is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users