IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I've kept my powder dry on him as I did with Kane. Both very similar in terms of attitude, absolutely spot on.

They can be a perfect partnership. Kane can do the hold up play and is lethal, this lad presses and gives the midfield the ability to push up. He is so quick.

Anything good you say, you void by trying to justify the bad. Kane is not that good.

I've kept my powder dry on him as I did with Kane. Both very similar in terms of attitude, absolutely spot on.

They can be a perfect partnership. Kane can do the hold up play and is lethal, this lad presses and gives the midfield the ability to push up. He is so quick.

Anything good you say, you void by trying to justify the bad. Kane is not that good.

Kane looks this season like being what I said over the summer - not as atrocious as when I first watched him and couldn't stop laughing, and nowhere near as good as last season; somewhere in between the two.

Kane looks this season like being what I said over the summer - not as atrocious as when I first watched him and couldn't stop laughing, and nowhere near as good as last season; somewhere in between the two.

Kane remains what I said about him last year. He's nothing spectacular but highly effective - his attitude is among the best I've seen in a striker and will see him score lots of goals - he plays the full 90 with a great intensity and works the defenders.

Kane remains what I said about him last year. He's nothing spectacular but highly effective - his attitude is among the best I've seen in a striker and will see him score lots of goals - he plays the full 90 with a great intensity and works the defenders.

He lacks a brain when it comes to positioning, and isn't a natural goal scorer. Good attitude can only go so far, I'd say his limit would be around Naismith's level once he gets more experience, but I don't expect him to reach that level.

He lacks a brain when it comes to positioning, and isn't a natural goal scorer. Good attitude can only go so far, I'd say his limit would be around Naismith's level once he gets more experience, but I don't expect him to reach that level.

You having a laugh? I like naismith but FFS this lad is another level. His movement is learnt, his finishing is learnt his attitude is what got him to learn. Look at his goal he scored yesterday...

People tend to judge players on excitement. He is a bloody good player, I thought he was garbage till I actually watched him properly.

You having a laugh? I like naismith but FFS this lad is another level. His movement is learnt, his finishing is learnt his attitude is what got him to learn. Look at his goal he scored yesterday...

People tend to judge players on excitement. He is a bloody good player, I thought he was garbage till I actually watched him properly.

He's more appreciated people that had him in their fantasy football team than people who have watched him.

He's more appreciated people that had him in their fantasy football team than people who have watched him.

Is that because he scores goals and gets assists???

Forgive me for stating the obvious - but isn't that the reason that I've been told I should forget my criticisms of Lukaku's all round game?

I actually think that kane has a solid all round game. Spurs fans are used to seeing a lavishly talented striker from the berbatov days and he was a joy to watch. Would they swap a peak berbatov for kane? No.

Is that because he scores goals and gets assists???

Forgive me for stating the obvious - but isn't that the reason that I've been told I should forget my criticisms of Lukaku's all round game?

I actually think that kane has a solid all round game. Spurs fans are used to seeing a lavishly talented striker from the berbatov days and he was a joy to watch. Would they swap a peak berbatov for kane? No.

Yea, from that one season. Just like many before him.

Yea, from that one season. Just like many before him.

Far too many got excited thinking he's a one season wonder. He clearly isn't. If you can't see that them oh well.

He just isn't spectacular, but neither was Rush or Lineker. He's pretty boringly effective. Like a striker version of Roy Keane.

Watching Arsenal v Man City. City are dire. They have nothing up front, no height so can't put crosses in so they are trying to pass the ball into the net. Arsenal just getting nine men behind the ball and City end up passing it around the mid-field. Arsenal break quickly and go in 2 - 0 up at half-time.

Far too many got excited thinking he's a one season wonder. He clearly isn't. If you can't see that them oh well.

He just isn't spectacular, but neither was Rush or Lineker. He's pretty boringly effective. Like a striker version of Roy Keane.

As it stands he is without question a one season wonder because he's had one good season (why would that be exciting?). It'll be many years before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Lineker and Rush, you're way ahead of youself.

As it stands he is without question a one season wonder because he's had one good season (why would that be exciting?). It'll be many years before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Lineker and Rush, you're way ahead of youself.

I would say he's having another good season myself. Playing very well, even when he wasn't scoring he played well.

9 goals in last 9 games I think. Paul Scholes called him out for exactly the same reasons. Seriously, watch him over 90 minutes, he's not a match of the day player, hes very good.

Edited by Hafnia

I would say he's having another good season myself. Playing very well, even when he wasn't scoring he played well.

9 goals in last 9 games I think. Paul Scholes called him out for exactly the same reasons. Seriously, watch him over 90 minutes, he's not a match of the day player, hes very good.

Nine goals in the season so that mean he went the first eight games without troubling the scorers.

Maybe I was being harsh, he's not a one season wonder, he's a one and a quarter season wonder with a barren patch in the middle

7 of those in a four game purple patch. Anyone who doesn't agree means they've never watched them over 90. You ever been wrong on a player?

7 of those in a four game purple patch. Anyone who doesn't agree means they've never watched them over 90. You ever been wrong on a player?

No not at all. I just think some people have not watched this lad properly, why would they? He's a spurs player. I only watched him because I thought he was underwhelming. He isn't. He's a bloody good player.

Nine goals in the season so that mean he went the first eight games without troubling the scorers.

Maybe I was being harsh, he's not a one season wonder, he's a one and a quarter season wonder with a barren patch in the middle

33 in 62 games....

38 in 84 is Roms record for us including his loan. So I don't see your point. Rom has hardly been the figure of consistency in that time.

Goals aside, I rate Kane very highly and I'm confused why others do the see it.

Edited by Hafnia

33 in 62 games....

38 in 84 is Roms record for us including his loan. So I don't see your point. Rom has hardly been the figure of consistency in that time.

Goals aside, I rate Kane very highly and I'm confused why others do the see it.

Who mentioned Lukaku? Oh, it was you, silly of me (why does he have to come into every thread?).

He's a one and a quarter season wonder as I said, there is no discussion to be had.

Your opinion is that he will go on to be a Rush /Lineker. I disagree based on current evidence, time will tell who is right.

Who mentioned Lukaku? Oh, it was you, silly of me (why does he have to come into every thread?).

He's a one and a quarter season wonder as I said, there is no discussion to be had.

Your opinion is that he will go on to be a Rush /Lineker. I disagree based on current evidence, time will tell who is right.

He's the first player to score 30+ goals in a season since Lineker did for spurs ironically. I didn't say he will go on to be a Rush or Lineker, just boringly effective like them.

I mentioned our esteemed striker as it seems to me this lad seems to have some similarities, certainly not a dissimilar amount of games played... which appear to be dismissed... Oh and he's only 22.

Edited by Hafnia