IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

A one season wonder is someone who scores plenty of goals in one season and barely any in another... I think Kane has already shown he's not a one season wonder having scored 9 in 17 this season. He's a good player and I'm glad he's English.

Wasting your time..., Haf hates Rom and loves any other player. He even uses bloody good stats and tangible opinion to back it up, what a ball bag.

Wasting your time..., Haf hates Rom and loves any other player. He even uses bloody good stats and tangible opinion to back it up, what a ball bag.

But you ignore anyone else's. Simply by not replying to the posts time and time again.

If I had a £ for every reply you ignored I could buy train sets for all my grandkids this Christmas.

Such is life.

But you ignore anyone else's. Simply by not replying to the posts time and time again.

If I had a £ for every reply you ignored I could buy train sets for all my grandkids this Christmas.

Such is life.

No, my issue is that when an opinion of a players ability is questioned, many on here love nothing more than to give the 1 in 2 ratio, age etc etc.

However, like our top striker, with Kane I have made my judgement on him aside of goals.. I watch what he does when he isn't scoring and he's impressive. Yet he gets called a 1 season wonder but the irony is that his stats are very strong and compatible to Rom, so me being me I will pick them out to make that relevant and to show he is actually very good.

I'm really not arsed about spurs, I'm really not arsed about kane but it's funny that I seem to be the only one accused of hypocrisy when it's clear the case of Harry kane highlights it in others more than myself.

9 goals sounds a lot, but not when you look at the amounts scored this season and he has one of the best midfields supplying him.

If he's not scoring he's not involved, 0 assists this year. His movement is crap, he just runs about and hopes for the best. He can't dribble through players, his finishing and heading is average at best. Not the quickest player either.

Determination aside what good attributes does he have?

9 goals sounds a lot, but not when you look at the amounts scored this season and he has one of the best midfields supplying him.

If he's not scoring he's not involved, 0 assists this year. His movement is crap, he just runs about and hopes for the best. He can't dribble through players, his finishing and heading is average at best. Not the quickest player either.

Determination aside what good attributes does he have?

Scoring goals. Sounds familiar

Haf's right to make a comparison to Lukaku, in THIS instance. Both similar age, both key front men for their clubs and both are tasked with all the goals.

I personally, don't particularly rate Kane as a technical footballer. But there is no doubt his recent exploits have contributed to a boost in his confidence, thus leading to goals. He is VERY much a confidence striker though and the minute he or others doubt him, he falls back into the useless lug I used to watch for England U21's, who couldn't hit a barn door.

The difference between Kane and Vardy, for example, is that Kane has the potential to keep this goal scoring form up (at top level). Vardy, I don't see. He's hit a purple patch, he's striking on instinct and 'chance', where he wouldn't have last year. The goals are drying up a bit for Vardy, so it'll be interesting to see his tally at the end of the season, but he's much better as a professional "pain in the arse", than he is an quality striker.

One attribute I will give Kane praise for, is his work ethic. At least he tries. Although sometimes, detrimentally to his team (pop shots from outside the area, when other options are available).

Out of the two, I would take Lukaku every day of the week but in a few years time Kane might prove me wrong; in that the inept footballer I used to laugh at quite considerably, would turn into a pretty decent footballer. But that would imply his touch, control and general play would continue to improve/learn from, something I was led to believe, was impossible, even at 22.

Haf's right to make a comparison to Lukaku, in THIS instance. Both similar age, both key front men for their clubs and both are tasked with all the goals.

I personally, don't particularly rate Kane as a technical footballer. But there is no doubt his recent exploits have contributed to a boost in his confidence, thus leading to goals. He is VERY much a confidence striker though and the minute he or others doubt him, he falls back into the useless lug I used to watch for England U21's, who couldn't hit a barn door.

The difference between Kane and Vardy, for example, is that Kane has the potential to keep this goal scoring form up (at top level). Vardy, I don't see. He's hit a purple patch, he's striking on instinct and 'chance', where he wouldn't have last year. The goals are drying up a bit for Vardy, so it'll be interesting to see his tally at the end of the season, but he's much better as a professional "pain in the arse", than he is an quality striker.

One attribute I will give Kane praise for, is his work ethic. At least he tries. Although sometimes, detrimentally to his team (pop shots from outside the area, when other options are available).

Out of the two, I would take Lukaku every day of the week but in a few years time Kane might prove me wrong; in that the inept footballer I used to laugh at quite considerably, would turn into a pretty decent footballer. But that would imply his touch, control and general play would continue to improve/learn from, something I was led to believe, was impossible, even at 22.

I think kane and lukaku are not lavishly gifted, they are not what you would call natural footballers the same way when you would look at Kevin keegan vs robbie fowler let's say.

Hard work can get you far in this game, I would say kane has the advantage there. Lukaku more power and pace. Both players need to apply themselves in order to make an impact. Kane won me over in his barren patch, worked harder, didn't hide, kept making the runs. Very impressive.

How can you be impressed by kane's running and not Lukaku's. Lukaku makes good runs and at minimum trys to make space for a team mate. Kane just runs in every direction and shoots on sight even if there is better options.

Lukaku isn't lazy, he didn't make the most of his build, as you pointed out he was top heavy and easy to push of the ball. A lot of fun effort had been made and now he is devastating when he uses his weight.

How can you be impressed by kane's running and not Lukaku's. Lukaku makes good runs and at minimum trys to make space for a team mate. Kane just runs in every direction and shoots on sight even if there is better options.

Lukaku isn't lazy, he didn't make the most of his build, as you pointed out he was top heavy and easy to push of the ball. A lot of fun effort had been made and now he is devastating when he uses his weight.

I'll be honest and cut the story short. You have not watched kane. His running is tremendous and selfless. Running in a straight line for a through ball is not intelligent running.

I'll be honest and cut the story short. You have not watched kane. His running is tremendous and selfless. Running in a straight line for a through ball is not intelligent running.

I've not bitten a few times, and I can't be bothered with a slanging match, but will point out you're moving from stubborn and arrogant to stubborn and stupid.

I've watched, I've laughed, I've been baffled from your point of few.

You have ignored anything that contradicts your point of view. Your argument has no value. This is a forum, but you are offering little discussion.

Have you ever watched Lukaku?

Have you ever been wrong about a player?

I've not bitten a few times, and I can't be bothered with a slanging match, but will point out you're moving from stubborn and arrogant to stubborn and stupid.

I've watched, I've laughed, I've been baffled from your point of few.

You have ignored anything that contradicts your point of view. Your argument has no value. This is a forum, but you are offering little discussion.

Have you ever watched Lukaku?

Have you ever been wrong about a player?

You not seen my recent comments zbout lukaku? I can at least accept when a player forces me to change my opinion based on what they are showing.... try it..

Just read something on a goal in the Celtic/Hearts game.

"Billy King is brought down 30 yards from goal. The free-kick is rolled short to Osman Sow and the big Swede absolutely hammers a strike into the top corner. Craig Gordon could only stand and watch as the ball zipped past him."

Made me think, nobody does that any more, free kicks from score-able range are invariably dead ball strikes. Wonder why; changing the angle slightly to negate the position of the wall/keeper would seem to make sense, or at least the threat of it would unsettle defences a bit. Just seems to have gone out of fashion.

Just read something on a goal in the Celtic/Hearts game.

"Billy King is brought down 30 yards from goal. The free-kick is rolled short to Osman Sow and the big Swede absolutely hammers a strike into the top corner. Craig Gordon could only stand and watch as the ball zipped past him."

Made me think, nobody does that any more, free kicks from score-able range are invariably dead ball strikes. Wonder why; changing the angle slightly to negate the position of the wall/keeper would seem to make sense, or at least the threat of it would unsettle defences a bit. Just seems to have gone out of fashion.

Alan stubbs was a good one at those, as was John arne, Graham roberts spurs also if my memory serves me right.

Alan stubbs was a good one at those, as was John arne, Graham roberts spurs also if my memory serves me right.

Remember a Stubbsy one at Spurs when we won 3-1 despite being down to ten for most of the game. John Arne Riise was always the first name in my fantasy team. Roberts also I agree with, hell of a shot.

• 2 weeks later...