IGNORED

Man of the Match

Avinalaff

Highest number of votes gets 3. Points

Second highest gets ............ 2 "

Third Highest gets ...................1 "

It used to be done that way but peeps always come up with different suggestions.

Take into consideration the time Mike has to spend sorting it all out.

Edited by Bill

Highest number of votes gets 3. Points

Second highest gets ............ 2 "

Third Highest gets ...................1 "

It used to be done that way but peeps always come up with different suggestions.

Take into consideration the time Mike spends having to sort it all out.

Always open to discussion on it but I (personally) don't think it's right if someone wins with half a dozen votes when we lose 3~0 in the League Cup away to Scunthorpe they get the same value on it as Felli gets for Monday.

After just one game and 37 to go? Plus the cup games as well. Let's enjoy the MU match, but not get carried away.

I'm not making a point based on his performance I'm making a point based on the point system. The biggest vote I saw last year was when Stracqualursi had a stormer and got around 30+ votes. Fellaini's 56 votes will surely see him win the title this time because of the large lead he's already built up (not that I have a problem with it).

If it was to be changed I'd say;

Premier League games - 1st place) 5 points 2nd place) 3 points 3rd place) 1 point.

Cup games - 1st place) 3 points 2nd place) 2 points 3rd place) 1 point

Something like that.

I'm not making a point based on his performance I'm making a point based on the point system. The biggest vote I saw last year was when Stracqualursi had a stormer and got around 30+ votes. Fellaini's 56 votes will surely see him win the title this time because of the large lead he's already built up (not that I have a problem with it).

If it was to be changed I'd say;

Premier League games - 1st place) 5 points 2nd place) 3 points 3rd place) 1 point.

Cup games - 1st place) 3 points 2nd place) 2 points 3rd place) 1 point

Something like that.

Didn't he win TT player of the year because he accumulated the most motm's? Which is the fairest system imo.

I'm not saying I have a problem with the system I'm just offering an alternative to those that have. I also think that my comment earlier about Fellani's 50 odd votes should be taken with a pinch of salt, I'm not saying it to cause arguments, it was supposed to be a light-hearted joke. I'm happy that he got as many votes as he did because it reflects the kind of performance he put in the other night.

For me, if you're the best player on the pitch, you're the best player on the pitch.

It matters little that one weeks performance is better than the next. Players are judged on the whole season, and should give 100% every game.

They can't sit back after one good game and put their feet up, because everybody on the forum came to a unaminous decision, rather than the votes being spread. The guy who has the most motm victories over a season should be player of the year, forum wise.

The year Jags won it, I'm fairly sure Fellaini had far more weekly motm victories, yet Jags had scored highest in a few polls, so his number of individual votes per game was higher.

The guy who has the most motm victories over a season should be player of the year, forum wise.

The year Jags won it, I'm fairly sure Fellaini had far more weekly motm victories, yet Jags had scored highest in a few polls, so his number of individual votes per game was higher.

But then you're giving it to the player who has the most outstanding individual games (even if he plays shite forty times) rather than the bloke who's been reliable and consistent every game over the year.

Not sure that's right.

As is it the votes naturally weight themselves so that if someone wins with a standout performance in a win over a big club they get a lot of points because there's a lot of interest.

Average performance we get fewer people on so the winner gets fewer votes; shit performance nobody can be arsed.

I still think it's the fairest and best reflection of performances over a season.

But then you're giving it to the player who has the most outstanding individual games (even if he plays shite forty times) rather than the bloke who's been reliable and consistent every game over the year.

Not sure that's right.

As is it the votes naturally weight themselves so that if someone wins with a standout performance in a win over a big club they get a lot of points because there's a lot of interest.

Average performance we get fewer people on so the winner gets fewer votes; shit performance nobody can be arsed.

I still think it's the fairest and best reflection of performances over a season.

Nope - I'm giving it to the player who is seen to have been the best player in the match the most times. The thread is after all a 'man of the match' thread, and not a 'player of the year thread'.

I think at the end of the season, you could look back on the year and discuss the player of the year as a seperate thread, guided by the results of the motm threads.

56+ votes for one match doesn't make a year, as Avinalaff says. I think everyone is pumped because of the match and with all the excitement, there's a lot more people logging on and voting. Look at this thread... Only a handful of us actually posting and responding - less posts so far (some multiple at that) than votes casted. I'm sure you will see, if the club is doing well, then there'll be a lot of traffic through the site. When we're at a low, people are down and can't be stuffed to log in let alone vote. Or hang on... are you saying the 50+ votes are accumulative? That means he's sitting on 150+ points? Don't seem right. What happens this coming week against Villa, Jelavic scores a double hat-trick while in the same match Fellaini gets sent off?

Just thinking out loud here:

what if we extrapolate the scores to a scale of ten? for example, player A wins it with 20 votes, players B,C and D have 18, 10 and 6. The winning player always get's ten, wich means we have to divide his score by 2. we do the same with the rest so it's: 10, 9 5 and 3 points for the rest.

That way, if a player really stands out, he'll be rewarded for it quite a bit. But players scoring some points consistantly won't get 50 points behind just for one game.

... are you saying the 50+ votes are accumulative? That means he's sitting on 150+ points? Don't seem right. What happens this coming week against Villa, Jelavic scores a double hat-trick while in the same match Fellaini gets sent off?

No....he has 50+. If he gets sent off in the next match he's likely to get none. If Jelly scores six he'll probably get 60+ votes.

Suggestion number 17 .......

The player who gets the most MOTM votes is awarded one point, nobody else gets any score.

At the end of the season the player who has won most MOTMs will be the winner. Simples.

Fellaini leads 1-0 at the moment.

Oooh... total number of votes - fair enough. What happens if he does an Arteta on us and leaves on the last day of transfer window for Liverpool?

Then he'd not get any more votes during the season. And if no one could accumulate as many votes to overtake him all the way until the end of the season then they wouldn't deserve it anyway!

Edited by Romey 1878

Always open to discussion on it but I (personally) don't think it's right if someone wins with half a dozen votes when we lose 3~0 in the League Cup away to Scunthorpe they get the same value on it as Felli gets for Monday.

The player who gets the most MOTM votes is awarded one point, nobody else gets any score.

At the end of the season the player who has won most MOTMs will be the winner. Simples.

Same appliessmile.png .

Just to put this one to bed....I'm going to keep doing it the same way because I think it's the best way. If anyone else fancies doing an alternative "player of the season" based on the poll results then feel free. Keep us updated and then if it's agreed by the majority at the end of the season that it's a better system then we'll change it.

Can we go back to ManU MOTM in this thread; any more suggestions in the "comments and suggestions" section. Ta.

So we want to vote man of the match, but at the same time take into account the match significance and player performance and if we won or lost? You could, but would take some calculating to do.

What about - have a cut off time to get votes in, then out of 10 points, a percentage of the votes rounded to the nearest whole number. For example last match Fellaini would get 9 points, and Jags 1 point.

Sorry Mike, was typing on my phone as you posted.

Edited by Droobie

Can we go back to ManU MOTM in this thread; any more suggestions in the "comments and suggestions" section. Ta.

So we want to vote man of the match, but at the same time take into account the match significance and player performance and if we won or lost? You could, but would take some calculating to do.

What about - have a cut off time to get votes in, then out of 10 points, a percentage of the votes rounded to the nearest whole number. For example last match Fellaini would get 9 points, and Jags 1 point.

shaking fist.png

But I know you were typing while I was....so you're forgivenwink.png .

I'd go with that

Problem with that is it doesn't show if someone is the 2nd best player in every match - they would get no votes even though they've probably been our most consistent/best player over the course of the season. Felli/Baines/Jela could have 10 star player games and just pip say Pienaar in each game by 1 vote - Pienaar wouldn't then get the credit he's due (maybe this is where the 3 points for 1st, 2 for 2nd then 1 for 3rd would work.)

As mike has said it's a working system at the mo so no need to change especially now the season has already started!

The way it works now is by far the best way IMO. I think it weighs up that players contribution to the game & thus season far better than any of the other methods. Who is to say that Jelavic wont have an absolute stormer against Villa, score 5 and get 60 votes and rotate like that with different players throughout the rest of the year? It will even itself out come the end of the season.

Edited by Bailey

The way it works now is by far the best way IMO. I think it weighs up that players contribution to the game & thus season far better than any of the other methods. Who is to say that Jelavic wont have an absolute stormer against Villa, score 5 and get 60 votes and rotate like that with different players throughout the rest of the year? It will even itself out come the end of the season.

wub.png

Guest blueboy122

What is everyone talking about its not rocket science... The player who wins the poll for the man of the match (the best everton player on the day) wins the man of the match and gets credited with 1. I couldnt care less who was the second best player we are voting for the best player on that day. Sometimes I think people actually like to complicate such simple things.

What is everyone talking about its not rocket science... The player who wins the poll for the man of the match (the best everton player on the day) wins the man of the match and gets credited with 1. I couldnt care less who was the second best player we are voting for the best player on that day. Sometimes I think people actually like to complicate such simple things.

That was my theory too.

Doing it in the current way would work well if we had the exact same number of voters every week, but the fact is we don't. Distin played his ass off, yet has not a single vote, and Jags Hibbert et al a similar scenario. Next week Distin could win motm yet only get 25 votes. Fellaini could be injured. The situation leaves Distin playing great for 2 weeks on the trot, yet 40 points behind a guy who played just one game.

Doing it with the one motm one point system means they both had 1 point. If there was an option to award every player a score, then that would be ideal, but there isn't.

•  

Posted Yesterday, 04:40 PM

---------------------------------------------------

I came out with this yesterday