IGNORED

Man of the Match

Avinalaff

The person who is doing it is the best person to know which way is the best, its already time consuming enough for Mike, and its already geared up to that system, switching it to a different system would make it worse.

Leave it to the man in charge and if he finds a different way to do it which he thinks is easier or better i'm sure he would set it up.

Suggestion #363

We give Lucas Neill 38 points at the start of every season.

I think allocating points based on the % of votes they got would give a good indication for all the players, but it still wouldn't sort the problem of balancing the weight of the game and how good the individuals performances are so probs best sticking with the old. Anyhow...

91% 5 points,

81% 4 points and 1 point to the runner up*

51-80% 3 points and 2 points to the runner up* if they have over 40%, if not split between the next 2 runners up.

10-50% 2 points if over 20% 1 if not, and 1 point to the runners up* (max 4)

*Runner up needs over 10% to be eligible for a point

A simpler method using % is to allocate a point for every 10%, but this is basically the same as the old method but will save a bit of time by adding lower numbers rather than each tally of votes.

Edited by pete0

Yours was the first post to question the system....and as Zoo is quoted in it I thought it's still pretty obvious you were responding to something rather than starting a new thread.

Why delete his post in the first place ? dont%20know.gif

BTW ... Is that your good self in your avatar, and if so, what's the occasion?

Why delete his post in the first place ? dont%20know.gif

BTW ... Is that your good self in your avatar, and if so, what's the occasion?

I didn't delete his post....I left it in the original thread because it was kind of relevant to the ManU Motm...I just moved all the voting system suggestions/questionssmile.png .

And it is yes....on the occasion of me doing the Bernabau stadium tour about three years ago and asking a steward to take a pic of me in the press conference area. I've got one of me on the bench too but I look a twat...I hate posing for photos.

I didn't delete his post....I left it in the original thread because it was kind of relevant to the ManU Motm...I just moved all the voting system suggestions/questionssmile.png .

And it is yes....on the occasion of me doing the Bernabau stadium tour about three years ago and asking a steward to take a pic of me in the press conference area. I've got one of me on the bench but I look a twat...I hate posing for photos.

Ah, now I get it. You have to go easy on the easily confused lol.

Regarding the pic, I thought maybe it was an interview. What question would you like to have been asked?

fuckin love that film laugh.png

The very first time me and my brother rented a VCR for the family (because they were expensive to buy back then so you got one from Radio Rentals or Rumbelows) it was the first ever VHS we boughttongue.png . Got the book of the script somewhere....know it word for wordsmile.png .

"How do you know she is a witch?" is probably my favourite bit.

• 7 months later...
After all the debates and suggestions about the MotM scoring system, the scores and places under the present system at the moment are .......
Fellaini...186
Baines...160
Coleman...141
Mirallas...114
Osman...96
I started keeping my own system by giving just one point to whoever was voted MotM, not second or third just the man of the match. The positions so far are below ......

You will notice that Osman and Coleman have won the same amount as Fellaini, and that Mirallas and Baines have won more than Fellaini, yet Fellaini is way ahead of them all, on the basis of individual points.

Is that right, do you think that Fellaini is our player of the season at this moment ??

Man of the match winners and who against 2012/13

6- Mirallas ..... Liverpool, Reading L Orient (L cup) Oldham (FA Cup) (Wigan FA Cup tied with Mucha), Stoke City

5- Baines ...... Newcastle, Wigan, Arsenal, Newcastle, West Brom

4- Coleman .... Spurs, Swansea, Norwich, Man City

4- Osman ...... West Brom, West Ham, Wigan, Cheltenham (Fa Cup)

4- Fellaini ...... Man Utd, Fulham, Sunderland, Aston Villa

3- Howard ..... Southampton, Bolton (Fa Cup), Oldham (Fa Cup)

2- Anichebe.... Swansea (A), Leeds (L cup)

2- Jelavic ....... Southampton, Man City

2- Pienaar ..... Aston Villa, Stoke City

2- Jagielka ..... Q P Rangers, Man Utd

1- Hitzlsperg ...Reading

1- Oviedo ....... Norwich

1- Distin ........ Chelsea

1- Mucha ....... Wigan (Fa Cup tied with Mirallas)

Edited by Bill

Between Mirallas and Coleman as pound for pound poty, but it's hard to look past Felli for player of the season as he's played twice as much and carried the team at times. Special mentions for Big Vic, and Osman (who would have been a contender if not for his purple patch).

Well yeah, do the MOTM as you do them now Mike but just put a '*' next to the person that had the most votes. At the end of the season just add up how many matches were 'won' and who won them to find out the overall winner. I don't think it would be much work as for 37 weeks you'd just be marking off the winner.

At the end of the day though it should be your decision, you're the one that takes the time and effort to do it each week so whatever you feel is best :).

After all the debates and suggestions about the MotM scoring system, the scores and places under the present system at the moment are .......
Fellaini...186
Baines...160
Coleman...141
Mirallas...114
Osman...96
I started keeping my own system by giving just one point to whoever was voted MotM, not second or third just the man of the match. The positions so far are below ......

You will notice that Osman and Coleman have won the same amount as Fellaini, and that Mirallas and Baines have won more than Fellaini, yet Fellaini is way ahead of them all, on the basis of individual points.

Is that right, do you think that Fellaini is our player of the season at this moment ??

Man of the match winners and who against 2012/13

6- Mirallas ..... Liverpool, Reading L Orient (L cup) Oldham (FA Cup) (Wigan FA Cup tied with Mucha), Stoke City

5- Baines ...... Newcastle, Wigan, Arsenal, Newcastle, West Brom

4- Coleman .... Spurs, Swansea, Norwich, Man City

4- Osman ...... West Brom, West Ham, Wigan, Cheltenham (Fa Cup)

4- Fellaini ...... Man Utd, Fulham, Sunderland, Aston Villa

3- Howard ..... Southampton, Bolton (Fa Cup), Oldham (Fa Cup)

2- Anichebe.... Swansea (A), Leeds (L cup)

2- Jelavic ....... Southampton, Man City

2- Pienaar ..... Aston Villa, Stoke City

2- Jagielka ..... Q P Rangers, Man Utd

1- Hitzlsperg ...Reading

1- Oviedo ....... Norwich

1- Distin ........ Chelsea

1- Mucha ....... Wigan (Fa Cup tied with Mirallas)

Coleman has been our best player in my eyes, but not popular enough for folk to vote for him.

I think there were more voters during the 1st match of the season against United than the rest of the year put together lol.

Fellaini is not having his best season for me. Mirallas has been out too many times. It's not just about who wins motm points, or who gets votes. It's the knowledge that some guys pull their sleeves up week in week out without praise, because when Fellaini plays well, the world goes mad.

Coleman has been our best player in my eyes, but not popular enough for folk to vote for him.

I think there were more voters during the 1st match of the season against United than the rest of the year put together lol.

Fellaini is not having his best season for me. Mirallas has been out too many times. It's not just about who wins motm points, or who gets votes. It's the knowledge that some guys pull their sleeves up week in week out without praise, because when Fellaini plays well, the world goes mad.

Your right, and In my eyes it seems to be the same for Mirallas, he's the flavour of the month for a lot of people.

My own personal choice would be for the man who plays well almost every week, and hardly ever plays a bad game. For me that player would be Leighton Baines. a top man for us this season.

This thread just goes to show that which ever system you have in place, people will always dispute what is right or wrong and have their own personal choices.

Edited by Bill

I have 2 issues with the system.

1) The best guy each match receives the majority of the votes, yet the 3rd or 4th best guy in one game can put up a better performance than the best guy in another game. Yet he'll receive a lot more votes. It gives a wrong idea. The system doesn't show who was the best player, it shows who has the best ability to excell above the other guys the most often.

2) Mirallas has played a lot less games than for instance Baines, Coleman, Osman or Fellaini, yet he's up there in the rankings. If he played every game, he could probably challenge Fellaini's 1st place.

Edited by Mirallas

Mirallas.

Issues can be had with any system, its a MotM vote and people vote for whoever they think deserved it, the winner is the player who receives the most Votes.

Its all about the player who wins and nobody else should come into the reckoning. Only one man can be MotM unless two players recieve the same votes, which would then constitute a Tie.

I believe mine is a better System and Mike beleves his is best, why dont you keep one of your own.

Edited by Bill