IGNORED

Negative Goal Difference.

you can not use TV games to judge the side. there is alot more to how they play than the director of sky sports shows you! yes we do miss Arteta, but if you saw what we all see then you might just give Phil Neviile the credit he more than deserves!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can not use TV games to judge the side. there is alot more to how they play than the director of sky sports shows you! yes we do miss Arteta, but if you saw what we all see then you might just give Phil Neviile the credit he more than deserves!

37496[/snapback]

Well said that man, and that is why Steptoe should have the captaincy.

As for realism, I had enough of that last season mate. :D

ATB

Mac

how can you miss anythin ona live game of footy, all it is is cameras and football

am not even gonna argue, but we're nto as good as everyone is making out.... we're a team in transition, 20 clean sheets isn't realistic

and we do get outplayed a lot, and i don't care what anyoen says, our midfield is overrated, arteta is a good player, the rest are average

ok people can we just end this.

i disagree with what craccer is saying. i think our midfield is fine. but your not gonna change his decision even if you say summit extraordinary.

craccer thinks the midfield is crap (bar arteta) most of us think the midfield is fine. just end it here

not crap, just overrated ... cahill is useful, but as an attacking players hes not that great allround, vdm is overweight and injury prone, kilbane is bollocks, osman is a bench player, davies was useless (although i think hell be better), and neville is weak ....

but i agree to end it .... i personally think defence is our strongest part of the team

midfield is highly overrated, everytiem i saw us the mid was non existant, we played long balls from the back a lto of the tiem because otr midfield has no skill, bar arteta

thank you for reminding me of the fortunate 4th palce finish, incidently ur forgetting carsley and gravesen, so no it isn't the same midfield, at all

37483[/snapback]

Your full of shit Gravesen was sold mid way through the season and Carsley is still at the club so both are not forgotten, remember we were talking about how this comming season would go so in theory Carsley could play the whole season.

The basis of your whole theory is that our midfield is not good enough yes our holding player was injured for the whole of last season and Moyes has chosen to spend the money we have now on a striker.

Let me ask you a question. If we spent the money on a holding midfielder and a left winger but didnt score many goals would you be happy?

You dont win football matches without scoring and unfortunatly we dont have the money to bring in 4 or 5 players. I think Moyes has made the correct decisions, we have a long way still to go but today more than anytime in the last 10 years i am optimistic and so are many blues!

Whats your solution knowing our financial situation?

Another point that needs hammering home to people like you was we didnt even get out of bed for the first half of tlast season and still finished 3 or 4 wins behind Europe!

Fuckin grumpy bastard, i'v got a uncle like you and it pisses me off. There is an age gap within Evertonians those who saw us win the league an those of us who were kids or not born when we did. The older ones expect us to be like Man u attracting the best players and winning silverwear the younger ones accept our club was decimated and it takes time to build that back up. Wake up we are no longer the "mersey millionairs" and in all honesty we were never a dominant force at any point in our history anyway!

im 20 you retard, im just not blidned, you talk about expectation of older people says you mr 20 clean sheets is realistic aim, get fucking real

do you knwo much abotu football at all, to answer your question yes id ratehr have had mids, reason being you don't fuckign score if you don't create.... pelnty of games i saw last season we created nothing, spurs was a good example, at home not one shot on target, i can onyl remember 1 effrot all game, you think an 8 mil forward will change that ? that he will just come in and bring 20+ goals, from a midfield that lacks creativity? get real, ill bet you myself that that doesn't happen and that we don't get 20 clean sheets

and so what if tommy g left half way thru the season, when he left we started to slip down a bit and struggle a lot more... WE MISSED HIS CREATIVITY, and carsley won't play becausen o longer is he not first choice anymore but his injury is likely to be the end of the carsley we knew, he doesn't look the same player

i don't give a shit your points are pathetic, put all tht pressure on our team, we'll see at the end of the season, and im VERY confident ill be right, because its called being REALISTIC, dammit your a waste of my time

im 20 you retard, im just not blidned, you talk about expectation of older people says you mr 20 clean sheets is realistic aim, get fucking real

do you knwo much abotu football at all, to answer your question yes id ratehr have had mids, reason being you don't fuckign score if you don't create.... pelnty of games i saw last season we created nothing, spurs was a good example, at home not one shot on target, i can onyl remember 1 effrot all game, you think an 8 mil forward will change that ? that he will just come in and bring 20+ goals, from a midfield that lacks creativity? get real, ill bet you myself that that doesn't happen and that we don't get 20 clean sheets

and so what if tommy g left half way thru the season, when he left we started to slip down a bit and struggle a lot more... WE MISSED HIS CREATIVITY, and carsley won't play becausen o longer is he not first choice anymore but his injury is likely to be the end of the carsley we knew, he doesn't look the same player

i don't give a shit your points are pathetic, put all tht pressure on our team, we'll see at the end of the season,  and im VERY confident ill be right, because its called being REALISTIC, dammit your a waste of my time

37747[/snapback]

Firstly i know your 20ish cos your in uni

Seccondly i never said 20 clean sheats was realistic at all

Thirdly i'm not a retard :rolleyes:

If we had infinite cash i would agree with you that the midfield needs both strengthening and a bit of creativity injected into it, along with a few decent players to sit on the bench giving us options.

BUT OPEN YOUR EYES

We were close to financial ruin 10 years ago and we aint got that sort of money. I watched every home game last season from the Gwladys Street like i have for the past 15 years or so and i along with every other Evertonian inside Goodison will tell you the same. Our Priority was a centre half then we needed to address the situation which is what Moyes did. I am telling you and all the other doubters that weather you like or dislike our midfield in the past 2 years we have created more scoring opportunities than in any of the previous 13 years i'v been going.

So the natural choice when faced with buying a midfielder or a striker with the remaining cash would always be a striker!

Its fookin useless creating chances and not putting them away, this season we will create the same chances as last year but maybe convert a few more of them. Do you get the point i'm making? Even with our "overrated" midfield last term we made more chances than our strikeforce could deal with!

Come January or next summer our emphisis is going to be a keeper depending on the Howard situation and how the young lads do. Providing we keep our defence & strikers together then and only then will midfield players become a priority.

Your taking the piss if you think a midfield with a solid holding player, 2 good wide players & Arteta pulling the strings would be any good feeding McFadden and with Stubbs & Yobbo behind them!

again OPEN YOUR EYES

mmmmmmmmm you have both given good arguments i give you both A stars

congrats

but really if you stopped and actually read what you've been saying your not actually really arguing you are just getting frustated that neither of you will acknowledge the other has a valid point even if some points are overstressed

ok there is a little of they wont score if they cant create and well if they create then they wont score but you are saying the same thing just the opposite way around

if that makes sense

so i say neither of you are right

Edited by john_webby

they werent that great, they were good, wouldn't say great especialyl not yorke, jyt technicaally sounds players

btw my sig owns

37763[/snapback]

has anyone scored more prem goals in one season than cole? anybody been so consitent in a poor villa side? and then they came together so well. they were great, the best forward partnership in the prem imo

mmmmmmmmm you have both given good arguments i give you both A stars

congrats

but really if you stopped and actually read what you've been saying your not actually really arguing you are just getting frustated that neither of you will acknowledge the other has a valid point even if some points are overstressed

ok there is a little of they wont score if they cant create and well if they create then they wont score but you are saying the same thing just the opposite way around

if that makes sense

so i say neither of you are right

37766[/snapback]

John i am trying (possibly badly) to show Craccer that i see where he is coming from and if we had millions then yes i would back his assesment of more quality in midfield required along with a centre half, striker & keeper.

The problem is we have very little cash and can only add a few of the required building blocks during each transfare window. So given the choice between making bucket loads of chances and watching them all get wasted or buying a striker to convert what chances we do make i know which one i would choose.

The point i make about Lesscott being a crucial buy is that if he didnt sign then Joey may possibly have gone too. Now you can have the Chelse midfield but your not going to win anything if they have Wier & Stubbs behind them especially with the lack of pace Wier showed last season.

Apart from that i dont realy like the negativity coming from Craccer, we may be shit, overrated and lack creativity but the last 3 seasons however you look at it were better than the three before. Those three seasons were better than the three before them and finaly we are making actual progress rather than treading water!

has anyone scored more prem goals in one season than cole? anybody been so consitent in a poor villa side? and then they came together so well. they were great, the best forward partnership in the prem imo

37769[/snapback]

I am with you on this one Ian, York & Cole were a better pair of footballers both together & apart then most so called strikers in the premier league!

well i will be very dissapointed if i would dont get a possitive goal difference. spendin 12+ million surely means tht we should improve.

38111[/snapback]

Excellent point mate, the general feeling is one of optimism, so let's smile while we can.

ATB

Mac

i think that a european cup place is a realistic target for us this season. if we hadnt had the abysmal start we had last season we would have been there.

the squad is looking stronger and more balanced than it has for a long time and the attack of bt and aj must be one of the best in the premier league.

we'll have to see how the new defence works out. lescott hasnt had any premiership experience and the new goalie, howard is unproven.

but if they do workout we will definitely be in contention for europe..