IGNORED

Eating, Drinking & Cooking Thread.

Zoo

I've been thinking about making this for a while. It occurred to me that we don’t have a thread that revolves around food so I thought I’d make one, I’ve started taking a greater interest in cooking since moving in with my girlfriend down in Wales and whilst when I first moved in I could only make toast I now boast the capability to be able to add cheese and melt it on top.

I’ve started eating more ‘normal’ stuff since moving too. I’ve been eating a lot less take-aways than I used to, when I lived back in England I’d be munching on Subways, pizzas and Indians quite regularly and it got to a stage when I’d be eating a sub-a-day when I was studying in college. I now eat more serious stuff like chicken, steak and lamb which I feel gives me a healthier diet and makes me feel better too. I’d like to know if you have any eating routines, be that a sandwich at 11:30 or some marshmallows at midnight.

Anyway, this thread isn’t meant to be serious, it’s just a place to stick any foods you love, any that you hate, any that you love but really shouldn’t (e.g. – Marmite or horse semen). You can also include drinks too – Do you have a favorite drink? Do you have an alcohol that you drink week in and week out? If so, write about it in here.

And obviously, say what you’re having for tea tonight...

Fussy eater here, I find Keema to be a good meal to play round with (leave stuff out I don't like and stay tasty).

Make a curry paste (use Makeway if you cba) and put it into a pan with a block of mince. Cook for a few mins on a high flame whilst breaking up and stirring the mince. Add some peppers, spices, chopped potato and simmer for 40-60 mins. If you want peas don't put them in until the last 10 mins of cooking. Serve on a bed of rice, is tasty filling for a fajita too.

anythin wi meat in...best steak cook around these parts cool.png

Steak for me tonight I think. Vegetable Soup to start (as there is a lot left over from lunch) and I've got a chocolate cake in for dessert, I've been getting into white rice recently too. If it's cooked with sea salt and pepper it's got an amazing taste - just a shame that I'm starving and I've still got a 30 minute wait :(

Don't like lager, can't stand Carling but yesterday I resorted to buying a 12 pack for £6 from OneStop. Its Carling Zest, spicy orange. Its bloody gorge. Highly recommended.

Love that stuff! and I'm not a big lager drinker, especially carling. They did one in the summer, same name but it was lime instead of orange, that was even nicer!! Hope they do it again this year, went down a treat at a few late night BBQs.

...while eating chorizo and cheddar.

There's cheddar and then there's cheddar (plus there's Cheddar just near where my mum used to live but that would complicated things).....crap mousetrap stuff that tastes like a piece of plastic to crumbly, nutty mature stuff that makes your taste buds explode.

Cheddar is great but it's also shit. It's a minefield out theredry.png .

It was Davidstow Extra Mature, I find it quite good but I'm no expert!

Probably often is....my problem is (getting on my soap box here because it's pissed me off for about the last forty years) that there's no consistency. My mum used to buy West Country Farmhouse Cheddar from Sainsbury's back in the '70s and some weeks it'd be brilliant, some it'd be tasteless crap.

Same applies today, I can buy "Seriously Strong" one day (substitute any brand) and it's superb so I go back to buy some more the next day and it's shite.

It's annoyed me since I was twelve and it still does.....having said that I got some "Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature" the other day and it's great....but I just know that it won't be next timeangry.png .

I'm (secretly most of the time) a bit obsessive about this....have you guessedbiggrin.png ?

Took a pint of Carslburg up to bed last night and forgot all about it. I have to say that 'standing' beer is one of the worst tastes out there, I had a swig just because there was nothing else around and it's truly awful. Next time I'm going to either make sure I drink it or pour it down the drain the next day.

Luckily I don't feel your pain on the cheese Mike, I can only have it if it's cooked well (e.g. - Lasagne, Cheese on Toast, Pizza). I can't just eat it straight from the block.

Took a pint of Carslburg up to bed last night and forgot all about it. I have to say that 'standing' beer is one of the worst tastes out there, I had a swig just because there was nothing else around and it's truly awful. Next time I'm going to either make sure I drink it or pour it down the drain the next day.

Luckily I don't feel your pain on the cheese Mike, I can only have it if it's cooked well (e.g. - Lasagne, Cheese on Toast, Pizza). I can't just eat it straight from the block.

I've highlighted the problem.

I'm indulging in a can of Diet soda

I like Diet drinks, for example I'd much rather have Diet Coke than regular. Does anyone remember those Coke flavors they tested a few years ago? I remember there was a 'Coke with Vanilla' that was amazing. I've not seen it for a while :(