IGNORED

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur Match History 1897-2013

THFC6061

No jags?

Nope with two consecutive clean sheets I feel Johnny and Distin have done well together of late, I know Jags played in the Stoke game but that was due to Moyes trying something new and for Me it did not really work and a team like Spurs with all due respect to Stoke will be far less forgiving if it goes tits up...

didnt no pienaar and fellaini were missing, to beat tottenham with the team we have to start we really do need a miracle just hope moyes goes for it rather than parks the bus for a draw and they nick a late one, if we win we really have got a big chance of champions league still its been mentioned a few times but its up to us now no one else for europe!

Bale being stretchered off now. Sad to see but could help our beloved EFC - I hope it's not too serious.

I hope it's not too serious also....but part of me hopes it's a little bit seriousunsure.png .

(OK....what Mark said....I was trying to be caring but I couldn't keep it uplaugh.png )

Looks like Lennon and Gallas will be out to, which is good for us. Bale injury looked bad. Hope its not too bad, just for rest of season...although I feel bad for saying it.

The game was very good, Spurs did look knackerd tho, which I am sure will help us.

Just hope Spurs don't fluke a goal against us or that Adebayor remembers how to score in the PL...

Broken ankle is what people are saying.

Harsh, very harsh, he has been the standout player of the season in the PL.

Spurs must be thinking here we go again, this will test their mental strength. They must be very dishartend.

If we are going to get CL this is the chance we need to get at Spurs. We must now go for it in this match.

That's an ankle sprain, I've done mine that many times I needed surgery for a bone spur and had a shit load of scar tissue removed.

Fact is a proper sprain hurts, it's absolute agony. I be rolled mine fully and heard it crack, it doesn't break though. I'm guessing two weeks max.

That's an ankle sprain, I've done mine that many times I needed surgery for a bone spur and had a shit load of scar tissue removed.

Fact is a proper sprain hurts, it's absolute agony. I be rolled mine fully and heard it crack, it doesn't break though. I'm guessing two weeks max.

That's what Villas Boas is saying.

That's what Villas Boas is saying.

He will probably not be able to train for a week, they will ice it and have it elevated for two - three days, then the physio will massage the shit out of it to get the swelling down. The more you injure the ankle the quicker it recovers, but more weaker it becomes.

I'm pleased he misses our game as he is quality. Wasn't it Charlie Adam who did his ankle twice?

He will always struggle with this, I turned mine twice in two days on uneven paving stones - when not even playing footy.

AVB...

"Gareth has rolled over his ankle. We still need to get assessment that we can only have on Friday.

"It shouldn't be as bad as it looks because Gareth has torn that ligament before and there's nothing to tear now. There is lots of swelling and the pain is obviously very, very big, but we hope to assess him tomorrow.

"There is a big possibility he is going to be able to make it for the Man City game and he will only miss the next two games."

It's why I quit skateboarding back in the hey day (also because i grew up).

But who gives a shit? No bale or Defoe this weekend! An out of form striker; let's just keep Baines away from any deflection-prone midfield shots and we might actually get the win on Sunday!

So Bale, Kaboul, Lennon, Defoe and Gallas all out?!

Dare I? ........

Edit: I just had a look at the spurs team against Swansea. Even with Bale and Lennon out they still have Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Livermore and Holtby who didn't even start in their last prem match. Incidentally, Defoe only came on for the last 20 mins. They have Dawson, Vertonghen and Caulker for CB even though Gallas and Kaboul are out. Assou-Ekotto was benched against Swansea and Naughton played.

Point is, they have so much depth it's mad.

Edited by MoyesForPM

Spot on, Spurs have a great squad and let's not forget that we're missing two of our most influential players in Pienaar and Fellaini.

Parker...Dembele

Holtby...Dempsey...Sigurdsson

Adebayor

That is still an excellent mid/att and that's based on Lennon being out which is not 100%.

Good Morning

I apologise its been a while since I posted on here.

As you all know I am a fairly realistic Spuds Supporter (with a soft spot for the Everton), but sunday is a Massive game for both clubs. We have the advantage of being at home although given the stupidity and fickleness of our great fans, that can be a curse (did you hear the booing of Gallas last night ?) there's no way you should boo your own players, how is that going to motivate them?

I take offence at your earlier Post Avinalaff, where you stated Everton are better than Tottenham, I'll disagree with you on that and fail to see how anyone can possibly think that, I am not saying we are better than Everton I have always thought the 2 clubs fairly equal in terms of strength of Squad, fans previous success ETC, although I think we are financially better off than you (no disrespect)

Ok so we both have Key players out you Penis and Felaini, us Bale, and Lennon, obviously you will be very combatative and will try to dominate the Midfield, where as we will try to keep possession whilst leaving gaping holes at the back, I think it will be a tough game and think we will struggle to score, as we have no decent front players, the loss of Bale is significant, but the loss of Lennon as well is tragic, Holtby and sigurdson are adequate replacements but I can't see where our goals will come from, unless we play Vertonghen up front, as Adebayor is like a punter in a Thai Brothel with £500 in his pocket, but is just not feeling horny

Good luck and I hope its a good game with a Spurs Victory and hope we finish 3rd and you 4th

Come on You Spurs!

Nice to see you Paul.

Lawrenson is tipping a draw.

However....if the league was going the way he predicted every week we'd be in 5th on sixty two points and Spurs would be 8th on forty nine (bizarrely a place and two points behind QPRdont%20know.gif. The other major discrepancy is he has Swansea in 17th place with twenty two pointshuh.png ).

post-1126-0-31400500-1365159164_thumb.jpg