IGNORED

Game of Thrones

Louis

He's not without redeeming character traitssmile.png . A lot of the "bad guys" in it have a decent streak...Joffrey aside!

Jaime got off on a bad foot in GoT. However, as things go on, you learn about his motivations and why he does some of his things, and you start to learn that he's actually a decent enough person and one of the most likeable characters, well for me anyway. That's one of the things I like about GoT. There are very very few really baddies, and the same for the goodies... 90% of the characters, objectively, can justify their actions - no matter how brutal. There are very few 'evil' or 'good' characters. Jaime is a good example of a 'baddie' not actually being that bad, and Robert Baratheon an example of a 'goodie' who is not actually that good.

Jaime got off on a bad foot in GoT. However, as things go on, you learn about his motivations and why he does some of his things, and you start to learn that he's actually a decent enough person and one of the most likeable characters, well for me anyway. That's one of the things I like about GoT. There are very very few really baddies, and the same for the goodies... 90% of the characters, objectively, can justify their actions - no matter how brutal. There are very few 'evil' or 'good' characters. Jaime is a good example of a 'baddie' not actually being that bad, and Robert Baratheon an example of a 'goodie' who is not actually that good.

Well put.

Nobody's perfectshaking%20fist.png !

(And keeping it in the family has been standard practice in the British aristocracy for centuries....it's Martin being true to lifetongue.png)

He is. This is of course incest, which he knows is 'wrong', by most societies norms inclduing his own, but the book also acknowledges that incest was fairly commonplace until only recently especially among noble families . But this incest is 'only' borne of his overwhelming love for his sister - it drives his 'wrong' acts, few as they are. It is only once his sister Cersei, starts to become genuinely 'evil' and despotic that Jaime can seperate himself for his desire from her, and from this point onwards, he becomes a rather contrite, positive and well meaning character. He's generally quite a 'good' person, driven towards brutal acts by his bad situation, borne of his love for his sister.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With all the characters, plots..... sounds like this is set to disappear up its own arse.... as Lost did.

I can't see that happening to be honest the way they switch stories is subtle and the strange and odd plot of Lost was bound to fail from the start and it never drew me in like GOT has.

It won't be long before each sub plot start to merge and it will all come together.

Is Game of Thrones any good? People raving about it from what I've read but it just doesn't appeal to me. I don't like fantasy and for instance I didn't like the first Lord of The Rings so haven't watched the others. Is someone else like me where you thought you wouldn't like it but pleasantly surprised?

Is Game of Thrones any good? People raving about it from what I've read but it just doesn't appeal to me. I don't like fantasy and for instance I didn't like the first Lord of The Rings so haven't watched the others. Is someone else like me where you thought you wouldn't like it but pleasantly surprised?

Based on what you've said I wouldn't recommend you give it a go.

Great episode and was not expecting the last ten minutes to happen....bastards I liked Robs character :(

I've had to refrain from the dedicated wiki page as I'm getting ahead on the story line and character plots.

Ive got episode s03 e09 lined up for my way home today. Thanks for the spoiler ;) Everyone else was all very subtle