IGNORED

Moyes' United

Sir Alex Ferguson has announced that he will retire aged 71 from Manchester United. Jose Mourinho is the book-makers favourite to get the job with David Moyes & Jurgen Klopp other targets.

Edited by Zoo

I like him myself. I'm sad to see him go but I'm glad that he's leaving on his own terms and on a high with the Premier League title. The fact that he's leaving this year makes me kinda' gutted that United didn't win the Champions League but I guess that's football.

Moyes is the bookies favourite to take-over from him but all the United fans on Twitter are saying that they'd have anyone over him - so who knows?

like him or not, looking at his honours list..... There are no words:

Ferguson's Man Utd trophies

Premier League: 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013.

FA Cup: 1990, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2004

League Cup: 1992, 2006, 2009, 2010

Champions League: 1999, 2008

Cup Winners Cup: 1991

Fifa Club World Cup: 2008

Uefa Super Cup: 1992

Inter-Continental Cup: 1999

FA Charity/Community Shield: 1990 (shared), 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011

Should have won more Champs league which im sure he will agree.Cant help but think theres more to this story than meets the eye. Why now all of a sudden? If Fergie knew he was going ages ago im amazed he didnt pick Guardiola to replace him and if he wanted Davey all along then Davey must have spoken to him about it and sold us out abit with regards to compo. Just think its fishy Neville wanted to go before the end of season as i can see him being his number 2 if he doesnt want Phelan. I think Fergie has left a legacy. "Fergie time" and his mind games will always be refered to from now till the cows come home but i feel the FA pandered to him and allowed him to do and say what he wanted when others couldnt. I think he is probably a lovely guy and seems to go out of his way to help younger managers and i thought his autobiography was excellent and candid

Can't quite bring myself to castigate or say a bad word about Ferguson, and worth nothing, many who indeed give derogatory comments or ill-feeling are too young to remember the actual successes he had going back far enough. Wasn't just winning a few honors with Manchester United in recent years, it was much more than that.

An immense figure. Can appreciate it's not a name for everyone, but the man is a giant among managerial figures.

The timing of the departure was damn strange, just a few weeks before the end of the season. Almost as big a surprise as Moyes taking over his position. I think he ideally wanted to overtake the shites five european cup 'wins', but in the end, and with each season unable to win again (after 1999 and 2008), he realized time was against it. Pity really, as it's something we all would have wanted to have witnessed.

But even then, he did take Manchester to nineteen league championships - overtaking Liverpools previously held record.

Great figure, sad to see him go after all the years and it will be damn strange to see a new name in charge at Manchester United since 1986. An amazing accomplishment