IGNORED

Joel Robles

Saved us from a hiding on multiple occasions, could've done better for the first goal but that was his first mistake in weeks. I'd not give up on him just for one error.

Was bad for the first 2 goals, had a couple saves but that's his job. Not sure why everyone thinks "oh he made a save wow how amazing" that's his job. De gea makes saves all match long and that's the expectation. Bar is set too low after years of Howard.

Was bad for the first 2 goals, had a couple saves but that's his job. Not sure why everyone thinks "oh he made a save wow how amazing" that's his job. De gea makes saves all match long and that's the expectation. Bar is set too low after years of Howard.

Depends on the save/s. Twice one on one with Kane he kept him out, not many keepers would've done that; the second one was exceptional I thought, vast majority would've gone to ground and the "dink" would've gone in but he somehow read it.

Every player has a job to do. Yet a GK gets a hint of a mistake and he needs dropping! Or is sent to slaughter!

C'mon.

Many players made mistakes out there today. Drop them all?!

The blame that gets sent the GK way is disproportionate.

Every player has a job to do. Yet a GK gets a hint of a mistake and he needs dropping! Or is sent to slaughter!

C'mon.

Many players made mistakes out there today. Drop them all?!

The blame that gets sent the GK way is disproportionate.

Lukaku misses sitters we are pissed. He makes the easy shots we say that's his job to score goals. Read the Lukaku thread and you'll see most say he's a striker he scores goals if he does that he's good. Same with keepers not sure why most on here don't see that.

Lukaku misses sitters we are pissed. He makes the easy shots we say that's his job to score goals. Read the Lukaku thread and you'll see most say he's a striker he scores goals if he does that he's good. Same with keepers not sure why most on here don't see that.

So you're looking for a keeper that can save every shot at him and we can end every season with zero in the goals conceded column; good luck with that.

I think most do see it. If it happens again and again.

The problem is you are putting 2 goals squarely at the feet of the keeper, which is totally wrong. You're commenting like he just had a nightmare in goal, which is rubbish.

These sort of comments you'd expect to be aimed at a player who has had a 'mare game after game. It's unbalanced.

So you're looking for a keeper that can save every shot at him and we can end every season with zero in the goals conceded column; good luck with that.

I'm looking for the same thing as striker. A great ratio of saves to misses. His clean sheets with no shots on target don't sway me. Also looking for big performances against top sides. Literally what we look for with any player.

For some reason he makes one big save and every is ooo aaahh, that's his job, had he saved the first one and not made a bonehead pass with 4 defenders on our 2 players (why not kick it?) different story. The 3 goal wasn't his fault. Put a better keeper back there and at least 1 of the 2 goals wouldn't have happened.

Don't worry though he will get a shutout against west brom who park the bus and have 1 attempt on goal and everyone will be signing his praises.

He proved that at the moment he isn't a world class keeper. Would have taken a bloody good one to save the first, a more experienced keeper "might" have thought twice about playing out the second but he didn't make another mistake in the game.

I get the feeling some people, who have probably never played in goal themselves, think that every shot should be saved. They watch goals in slow mo and think the keeper has loads of time but it's not the case especially as you need half an eye on the everything else that is going on in front of you.

Have praised him previously, and so heres the criticism.

A supposed top signing by clownshoes, found wanting today, decision making, concentration, and basic kicking duties all fell off a cliff today. This is the Joel Robles so many recognise and expect to turn up, sadly not anywaynear up to standard - worst starting keeper in the current top ten PL sides. Enough is enough.

He proved that at the moment he isn't a world class keeper. Would have taken a bloody good one to save the first, a more experienced keeper "might" have thought twice about playing out the second but he didn't make another mistake in the game.

I get the feeling some people, who have probably never played in goal themselves, think that every shot should be saved. They watch goals in slow mo and think the keeper has loads of time but it's not the case especially as you need half an eye on the everything else that is going on in front of you.

post game analysis said the same thing as me. when the shot was hit he jumped. by the time he hit the ground he then jumped to right and was too late. commentators said the same thing I did, he shouldn't have jumped should have stayed on his line and moved/shuffled to get in a better position before jumping. that initial jump cost him too much time. and all he did was jump up and then down (no lateral movement).

another thing I didn't mention, his kicking was awful today, I don't know if he found a man more than 1 time.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Have praised him previously, and so heres the criticism.

A supposed top signing by clownshoes, found wanting today, decision making, concentration, and basic kicking duties all fell off a cliff today. This is the Joel Robles so many recognise and expect to turn up, sadly not anywaynear up to standard - worst starting keeper in the current top ten PL sides. Enough is enough.

Predictable.

Reminds me too much of Howard. Howard was a good shot stopper, he would make five good saves a match but then let in an easy goal or make a mistake.

When that mistake ends up in a goal.... that's the difference between a mid table keeper and a top six keeper.

But he has earnt enough credit to keep his place. And other than his two mistakes, he was pretty solid.

A good save from Kane late on.

He made two mistakes today unfortunately if you're a keeper a bad day at the office gets highlighted more for obvious reasons, for me the second goal was a school boy error and I don't think we will see that again, and the first he's earned the benefit of doubt on that, with some worldly displays in the last couple of months, but to call for his head because of one bad display is nonsense.

He made two mistakes today unfortunately if you're a keeper a bad day at the office gets highlighted more for obvious reasons, for me the second goal was a school boy error and I don't think we will see that again, and the first he's earned the benefit of doubt on that, with some worldly displays in the last couple of months, but to call for his head because of one bad display is nonsense.

The error was Schneiderlin's wasn't it? He came short and asked for the ball and then lost it, harsh to blame Joel for giving the ball to the guy that's been so solid for us since he signed, probably trusted him to not fuck it up.

The error was Schneiderlin's wasn't it? He came short and asked for the ball and then lost it, harsh to blame Joel for giving the ball to the guy that's been so solid for us since he signed, probably trusted him to not fuck it up.

I thought Schneiderlin was more of the culprit but 30% blame on Joel for me. He rolled it out into a tight position put us under pressure. Just welly it mate. It's not Martinez now.

It's an unwritten rule that keepers should never roll the ball out to the last man in a central position regardless of whether he called for it or not, because if they lose possession there is no cover and normally results in a goal, basic football know how has let us down and Koeman will be furious with him.

It's an unwritten rule that keepers should never roll the ball out to the last man in a central position regardless of whether he called for it or not, because if they lose possession there is no cover and normally results in a goal, basic football know how has let us down and Koeman will be furious with him.

Also, theres a high chance Robles kicking played a part because quite simply put yesterdays show for kicking by our keeper was atrocious.

Got to go with Steve, Morgan came deep for it, was then pounced on so passed to Williams who was also under pressure and between them they lost it. If Joel had booted it, it wouldn't have turned out that way, all three can take some blame.

He didn't roll it out to the last man? Mori was furthest back, then Williams and Morgan came running in asking for it. The fault lies, mostly, with Morgan. He should have been more prepared for it considering it was he who was moving towards the ball, wanting it. At the time of the ball going to Morgan, he was a free man in space. But he reacted too slow and did the old school boy error of waiting for the ball to come to feet.

The first goal, Gana gives up on Kane and allows him to run. Meanwhile, Barry is running away from Kane, creating a nice shooting space. Barry's only attempt was to stop, show Kane his arse and stick out a lazy leg. Kane hit an absolute peach of a shot.

How Robles gets the full blame for these goals goes beyond me.