IGNORED

Joel Robles

There wasn't any Fer money in the first place , we were going to pay on the drip

We were going to pay some upfront and some after the first season, rest on the drip. We have only spent 6mil so far.

5 mil for Kone (why would we pay more than the release clause?)

1 mil for Robles

Thats Fer money. Drip or not. We have more money in the wallet.

neither he or Kone speak English, might make the integration a bit more difficult?

Kone should be ok, a few French speakers in the squad, Distin.Felli,Mirallas,Gueye. also Mirallas is of Spanish origin i think so can speak err Spanish. They were both here for a year so must have learn't some English surely?

Loving bobs work at the moment. He's Sussed out 3 problem areas and got us cheap but solid signings to strengthen the squad.

I'm most pleased about kone, and that's without doing the whole investment appraisal on him, strikers are like plumbers, even shit ones cost a lot. But we've got a player who will add so much to our attacking play.

I'm chuffed with alcaraz, an international defender who's helped get Paraguay into the copa America final - he's no mug.

This lad Robles was highly touted till injury but plenty of Wigan fans were impressed with him.

Good work bobby lad. Who's next???

To be fair I think Martinez is being very prudent here - if he has the benefit of knowing first hand players strengths and weaknesses then why not steal a march and get what could be absolute bargains. Do his 'safe' transfers first and then look at what he left to play with when we know what will happen with Fellaini and Baines. He ain't gonna bring in players that he thinks will offer us nothing - unless getting beat each week is his aim. I like the approach he's taking.

Surely their destiny is in the clubs hands, so I expect they'll know already what's happening.

Surely their destiny is in the clubs hands, so I expect they'll know already what's happening.

Not really, if fellainis release clause isn't met he's not going. If baines valuation ain't met then he ain't.

Game of poker going on. No doubt bob will have his targets lined up.

Not really, if fellainis release clause isn't met he's not going. If baines valuation ain't met then he ain't.

Game of poker going on. No doubt bob will have his targets lined up.

Wonder if Heitinga is going out the door? And if he leaves, if Alcaraz is his direct replacement with Duffy also competing, or if RM would try to bring in another centerback.

Wonder if Heitinga is going out the door? And if he leaves, if Alcaraz is his direct replacement with Duffy also competing, or if RM would try to bring in another centerback.

I think that Alcaraz is Heitinga's replacement and it makes perfect sense. Heitinga out for £3-4m which means that it's all profit considering Raz came on a free.

Pretty sure Kone and Robles will speak some English after last season (Robles was tweeting in brief English while he was with Wigan) but probably don't feel confident enough to do a lengthy interview in English.

For Robles, doubtless it will help his progress to have a Spanish goalkeeping coach to work with.

i dont see us getting more than 1.5-2m for Johnny considering his wage demands, little remaining time on his contract, age and had a terrible season.

£1-2 is better than nothing. If we ship out Heitinga now we get to keep the profits so let's do it. Even more so now because he's lower in the pecking order since the arrival of Raz.

I'd sell Heitinga and use that money to go into the Moses fund.

Remember when we never used to buy players until deadline day?

Ahh, the good old days.

Straight in there Roberto, no messing.

I make you right, It's a welcome relief to see the club actually bringing players in and showing some initative rather than waiting until the eleventh hour as we have seen so many times before. Guess they'll be more names to come before start of season so will be watching this situation closely.

El Habsi is a keeper I rate. The shite wanted him last year and this kid took his place and kept him out. Granted the goal against Bale was horrendous but he is young and will learn. Under 21 Spanish goalie for £1.2 mill fucking get in

I'm excited about this transfer as well. Robles is one of the best young Spanish goalies, and we have him for five years. What more could you ask for a realistic alternative and challenger to Tim Howard? The competition will keep them both on their toes and potentially bring out their best. I'm not sure who will be the lead starter this season, or whether they'll alternative, but this move takes away any concern that might have existed with this position.