IGNORED

Our commercial dept and new kits

Mike Preece

No matter what we may think of it every club brings out 3 new strips every season But compare how Everton kits come out

in relation to other clubs. Our new home top is usually end of July, the away kit end of August, the third strip has just

been launched.

Now look at other clubs ie Chelsea and Liverpool.

Their 3 new strips come out at the end of may, sometimes worn in the final home match of the season.

Point is these clubs have more or less a 3 month start on Everton when it comes to kit sales and the fans have the

summer to wear their kits. Why does our commercial dept buck their ideas up ?

Cant they see we are losing thousands by releasing our kits so late, where is the business acumen its bizarre logic.

By the time our 3rd kit comes out its mid September and bearing in mind the strips are only for a season they are more

or less out of date in 9 months. So why the hell cant Our new strips all 3 of them be available end of May and bring the club

much needed extra merchandise sales ? Is it only me who thinks this is bloody nonsense.

Also that crap deal with kitbag means you don't see Everton kits in any sports shops ( You wont see them down south, at least I

have,nt) so what a senseless team up the kitbag thing is.

I have always thought our commercial side is appalling for a premier league club and every may when my Liverpool supporting

mates wear all there new strips for all the summer it makes you realise how poxy our lot are.

Our club needs the revenue needs the whole summer of sales so why does our strips continue to be the last ones out ?

Its my opinion that our whole commercial side needs a clear out and fresh ideas brought in, it would be interesting to see

how many of you agree.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a few whispers on twitter that Warrior will be our next shirt sponsor.

cant see that if theyre doing the kopite kits.

If the shite's kits are anything to go by that's going to be rubbish.

shirt sponsor would mean replacing Chang, no? Nike have the kit design

• 4 months later...

Ian Ross says Epson are interested but Everton may stay with Chang. He also says that Everton are rumoured to be in talks about Walton Hall Park.

https://twitter.com/Rossie1955/status/436636820164845568

Lol I completely refuse to get even remotely excited about any new ground rumours until the groundsman is marking out the new pitch

They are a huge company in Malaysia

Yeah, i agree, But Epson is an established brand of many years that's global to many countries, remind me again how many shops sell Chang beer? down here i can only think of one off the top of my head. I can walk into any computer shop and they will have Epsom printers for sale.

Edited by Simon

Yeah, i agree, But Epsom is an established brand of many years that's global to many countries, remind me again how many shops sell Chang beer? down here i can only think of one off the top of my head. I can walk into any computer shop and they will have Epsom printers for sale.

True enough but I think the reason Chang appeals to the club is that they are trying to tap into the market in that region

The Premiership is immensely popular over there and I think the club want to try and build a fan base over there