IGNORED

Anybody getting this.

Bill

If you do, you will need to go to control panel, find it in your programmes and features (right click and use the sort function to list everything as date installed if you have lots).

Have a look at anything that has been recently installed without your knowledge. If you have downloaded anything recently, such as from downloads.com etc, they are often packed with extras that self install as malware.

Also disable it in the add on settings.

Once you've uninstalled them, you can go to folders such as this :

C: / users / username or admin etc / appdata / roaming / Mozilla / extensions /

and if you have an extension folder, the top arcade hits virus is normally hidden inside 2 extension folders, which you can delete. They will have long numbers etc, and when you open them you will see toparcadehits.

Then, go to your registry by pressing start, and typing regedit in your search box. When it pops up, at the top, press the regedit file and you are into your registry.

At the top, press edit, and find next.

Type in toparcadehits and search all the way down your registry, deleting any toparcadehits files that come up, each time pressing find next again.

You can export a registry backup to your desktop in case you mess up, but if you hover over each item on the right panel, you can see the name of the file. Delete the back up when done, as it obviously contains the bad files.

Run c cleaner.

Run malware bytes.

If you don't already have them, get them from official sites, and always use custom install, as that way, you can see what you are installing. Lots of malware confuse you with the 'accept' button upon installation, when you need to press the cancel button to bypass unwanted installations.

If you always double check what has installed in the control panel as above, it helps.

Job done.

Edited by Avinalaff

Tonka ..... I'm using Chrome but its the same on Firefox. Havent got IE on my PC.

Av ........... I got lost halfway through your instructions :huh: but I found Extentions and deleted anything i thought was not needed.

Most were "installed by third party" so the things i didnt think i needed i binned. Seems ok at the moment as long as i havent binned anything i may need in the future. ;)

Edited by Bill

I don't want to waste another half hour typing out instructions only to lose folk, so google for "remove search-gol" and there you will find some information.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/_qsbw--yRNQ

http://blog.vilmatech.com/remove-searchgol-com-virus-permanently-tips-follow/

You can also do as I suggested above, searching for search-gol instead of toparcadehits.

Edited by Avinalaff