IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

I am not such a big fan. He can be selfish and is too often caught offside, both an indication of not looking up. Hot and cold. Inconsistent. Seemingly rather precocious.

agree, especially the offside thing which really gets on my tits, but hes still worth way more than 12m!

Guest blueboy122

Agreed he is so frustrating at times but I think he has the potential to be one of the best wingers in the world his explosive talent is brilliant just wish we would see more of it.

I think if he really wanted to and committed himself more in games and training he could go onto greater things.

Sure, but consistency is as important as quality. Plus, the guy's offside stats are off the chart.

I think that is ultimately what leads to his downfall because he is not the cleverest footballer you will ever see whether it be mistiming his runs, not playing an easy pass or trying to dribble through about 6 players.

My favourite player, followed by Barkley.

Go'way!??!

Hid that one well. :lol:

His consistency is his biggest downfall as pointed out above. Like Cornish said, consistency is a big part of quality. It's alright to be boss once every few weeks but nobody is ever going to consider him a real top quality player unless he does it more consistently.

Go'way!??!

His consistency is his biggest downfall as pointed out above. Like Cornish said, consistency is a big part of quality. It's alright to be boss once every few weeks but nobody is ever going to consider him a real top quality player unless he does it more consistently.

He has been very consistant over the last 6-8weeks. Hopefully that will continue. If you can't see the benefit of having Mirallas in the side week in week out it doesn't need explaining. He's completely different to anything else we've got and is the most talented forward in the team. Deulofeu has the "potential" to surpass him. But he isn't our player. Edited by MiguelCotto

Go'way!??!

did you just compare Özil with Mirallas? :blink:

SteveO!!!!!

Not compared. Referenced a player who is considered a top quality player who is very inconsistent.

He's class, how anyone can critisize him is beyond me. If anything he floats in and out of games buts that's all for me. His greediness is an asset and when he produces end product from it, it only benefits the team.

When was the last time we had a wide player like him? His free kicks are boss. My favourite player, followed by Barkley.

Like most footballers he has a flaw, not really a criticism of him its more like pointing out a weakness and suggesting that your opinion of him is probably slightly higher than some of the rest of us think.

I do agree that his directness in attack is an asset on some occasions, but its also true that it is a weakness.

I actually think that technically Drenthe was a better player but he had far more issues that just being a bit greedy!

Completely disagree he's absolute quality. Goals against Tottenham away last season and Stoke. Not to mention his freekick against Villa. His assists against West Ham and Newcastle etc etc.

If he was sold we would miss him massively. People seem to forget the years of Osman at RM.

Edited by MiguelCotto

He's class, how anyone can critisize him is beyond me. If anything he floats in and out of games buts that's all for me. His greediness is an asset and when he produces end product from it, it only benefits the team.

When was the last time we had a wide player like him? His free kicks are boss. My favourite player, followed by Barkley.

It is easy to criticise a player who is not a team player. He can be a team player but FAR too often he is in it for himself and himself alone. Maybe he will learn maybe he won't but that seems to be the root of the criticism'

NO you are wrong, his greediness is more often a liability. Greediness in a striker can be of benefit, but he takes it too far.

:/

It is easy to criticise a player who is not a team player. He can be a team player but FAR too often he is in it for himself and himself alone. Maybe he will learn maybe he won't but that seems to be the root of the criticism'

NO you are wrong, his greediness is more often a liability. Greediness in a striker can be of benefit, but he takes it too far.

Might aswell get rid then mate. He's a liability.

I think you need to read what I posted again if you think I said he is a liability. or is that an honest opinion? If it is a snide comment against me, no sweat you are as entitled as anybody to have an opinion.

You also said he's far too often in it for himself. Well stats prove you wrong. He's created 51 chances this season nearly double any other player in the side. Give him a break hes quality.

Edited by MiguelCotto

While many have said he can be greedy (and there have been times he can be), I have seen an improvement from when he first came to the squad. I remember the games he would ALWAYS cut from the wing and go for a shot knowing full well a pass would have been a better option. He seems to do this less often and has become better at picking options. I only see nothing but improvement coming in this area in the future. Keep in mind, he was the main/leading goalscorer for his team/league just a few seasons ago. His game has evolved for sure.

While many have said he can be greedy (and there have been times he can be), I have seen an improvement from when he first came to the squad. I remember the games he would ALWAYS cut from the wing and go for a shot knowing full well a pass would have been a better option. He seems to do this less often and has become better at picking options. I only see nothing but improvement coming in this area in the future. Keep in mind, he was the main/leading goalscorer for his team/league just a few seasons ago. His game has evolved for sure.

Spot on. Was meant to give you green not red!

Spot on. Was meant to give you green not red!

:violent::P. Cheers man, we've all misfired before. Like I said, there have been times where he has blown hot/cold but he has been our top attacking player (McCarthy has been amazing for us but he's on the CDM role) and he would be missed a lot if he were sold.

Agree with MC to a point. Mirralas is a top player no doubt. His directness has carried us in recent weeks and his goals have been at critical times.

He can be selfish but I wouldn't take this away from.him as that's his game. He would be half the player without it.

I do wish he would be more consistent though. And sone of the offsides are lazy ones.

On another note, let's no let Me become another Naisy/peanuts scenario haha.

Completely disagree he's absolute quality. Goals against Tottenham away last season and Stoke. Not to mention his freekick against Villa. His assists against West Ham and Newcastle etc etc.

If he was sold we would miss him massively. People seem to forget the years of Osman at RM.

Im not saying he isnt a quality player!

He would be one of the first names on my team sheet but I dont think he is irreplaceable either. There are lots of players in PL that can score quality goals or free kicks but I'm more interested in their contribution to the team's performance because that will ultimately decide whether we do well or dont do well. Mirallas definitely contributed to the team but I do think he has the ability to contribute a lot more.

Agree with MC to a point. Mirralas is a top player no doubt. His directness has carried us in recent weeks and his goals have been at critical times.

He can be selfish but I wouldn't take this away from.him as that's his game. He would be half the player without it.

I do wish he would be more consistent though. And sone of the offsides are lazy ones.

And part of the reason he is inconsistent is because of his decision making. His runs are fantastic when they come off but when they dont he struggles to get into the game. I wouldnt want to take away his attacking intent but sometimes he just has to look up and assess the situation better. That way he would become more consistent and have an even bigger impact on the teams performance.

I don't understand why people want to change him into a team player. As you say it wouldn't be Kevin Mirallas. He is ace!

And part of the reason he is inconsistent is because of his decision making. His runs are fantastic when they come off but when they dont he struggles to get into the game. I wouldnt want to take away his attacking intent but sometimes he just has to look up and assess the situation better. That way he would become more consistent and have an even bigger impact on the teams performance.

It's not his greediness that makes him inconsistent. Sometimes he just doesn't get into the game. There are lots of players like this. Also his game is about explosive burst of speed and energy. You can not expect him to attack at full pelt for a full 90minutes. You'd have to be superhuman.

It's not his greediness that makes him inconsistent. Sometimes he just doesn't get into the game. There are lots of players like this. Also his game is about explosive burst of speed and energy. You can not expect him to attack at full pelt for a full 90minutes. You'd have to be superhuman.

No its a weakness in the mental side of his game which is why he sometimes doesnt get into games. Sometimes he isnt aware of his position, sometimes he doesnt anticipate a pass, sometimes he runs into two players when he could have laid the ball of to someone else etc. I dont think Mirallas reads the game as well as a lot of top players and we dont really see him making any defence splitting passes for example.

As I have said, he is a very good player and in terms of our attacking players I do think he has the most ability but at the same time Pienaar is much more influential throughout the 90 minutes despite not being able to execute the final pass. I would also add that it will be much more difficult to replace Pienaar than it will to replace Mirallas, not that I want to either of them leave!