IGNORED

West Ham (home)

Ant1979

Allardyce and his boys needs to feel the backlash here of a few disappointing and unlucky recent results. Would settle for a narrow win but I really hope we destroy them. On a side note I worked at the reebok stadium for 5 years, and the guy is a monumental prick.

Edited by Ant1979

Hi Chaps, Hammers Fan in Peace, Think this will be a tight game, you will get all the possession, (I wouldn't be surprised to see 70%) Fat Sam will Park the Bus in the Midfield area to try and choke off supply to your forwards and play on the break.
We had a terrible 7 week period in December and January mainly due to our entire back line being injured and No striker fully fit, Since they all came back we have lost 1 drawn 1 won 5 (winning the last 4) Downing has been superb as has Jarvis, Carlton Cole is a real trier and will get on at some point, We do have Andy Carroll back so I expect he will play with Nolan close behind, I am not a Nolan fan but since his return from suspension he has been on fire with 5 goals in 4 games, Noble has been our player of the season, he is everywhere, breaking up attacks, turning defence into attack and it would not surprise me if he got an England call for the upcoming friendlies.
And I am certain Fat Sam has said no free kicks near the area after the 2 worldies from Baines at our place.
I am not expecting many Goals so I will say either 0-0 or 1-1

All The Best

Hi Chaps, Hammers Fan in Peace, Think this will be a tight game, you will get all the possession, (I wouldn't be surprised to see 70%) Fat Sam will Park the Bus in the Midfield area to try and choke off supply to your forwards and play on the break.

We had a terrible 7 week period in December and January mainly due to our entire back line being injured and No striker fully fit, Since they all came back we have lost 1 drawn 1 won 5 (winning the last 4) Downing has been superb as has Jarvis, Carlton Cole is a real trier and will get on at some point, We do have Andy Carroll back so I expect he will play with Nolan close behind, I am not a Nolan fan but since his return from suspension he has been on fire with 5 goals in 4 games, Noble has been our player of the season, he is everywhere, breaking up attacks, turning defence into attack and it would not surprise me if he got an England call for the upcoming friendlies.

And I am certain Fat Sam has said no free kicks near the area after the 2 worldies from Baines at our place.

All The Best

Hey mate. Nothing personal against you guys, I just hate allardyce with a passion

Hey mate. Nothing personal against you guys, I just hate allardyce with a passion

Funny that there are a lot of us who feel the same way 40% in a recent poll on our forum, and lots of people who just put up with him, not many really like him but he has made us hard to beat in recent weeks

All The Best

You cant be serious. No offence, but Noble wouldnt get near most teams in the top half, he may be a good player for teams in and around mid-table but England? really?

I get that you've seen a lot more of him than I have and he may be to you what McCarthy is to us I.E you miss him more when hes not playing. But i get the impression he's been the best of a bad bunch when you consider the season you've had.

Should be a good game, your always a difficult team to break down so im not expecting many goals. Hopefully Lukaku is back and Barkley pulls his finger out.

Funny that there are a lot of us who feel the same way 40% in a recent poll on our forum, and lots of people who just put up with him, not many really like him but he has made us hard to beat in recent weeks

He does exactly what it says on the tin and can't argue with his record, I just prefer more attractive football as I know Hammers fans do too, playing the West Ham way and all that. As much as I don't like his brand of football, it's more him as a person I don't like. Unlike my hatred of Justin Bieber, this one has a bit more substance as I've actually met him. Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from this weekend!

"I get that you've seen a lot more of him than I have and he may be to you what McCarthy is to us I.E you miss him more when hes not playing. But i get the impression he's been the best of a bad bunch when you consider the season you've had."

We have had a bad season, but I think a lot of that can be put down to major injuries to key players and long term with it, at one point we had 11 players injured now we are down to 3 out with all our best players fit again, since they have been back our results have been very good and I am finally seeing some belief in themselves start to surface.

I get your reasoning about Noble and yes I have seen lots of him this season but I honestly think he is better than some of the existing "so called" international players especially the likes of Cleverley

I think we will be safe this season have a good weekend, just not too good :rofl:

"I get that you've seen a lot more of him than I have and he may be to you what McCarthy is to us I.E you miss him more when hes not playing. But i get the impression he's been the best of a bad bunch when you consider the season you've had."

We have had a bad season, but I think a lot of that can be put down to major injuries to key players and long term with it, at one point we had 11 players injured now we are down to 3 out with all our best players fit again, since they have been back our results have been very good and I am finally seeing some belief in themselves start to surface.

I get your reasoning about Noble and yes I have seen lots of him this season but I honestly think he is better than some of the existing "so called" international players especially the likes of Cleverley

I think we will be safe this season have a good weekend, just not too good :rofl:

:lol: I think i'd be better than Clerverly! But i do know what you mean.

Think you'll definitley stay up. Like a lot of people i cant stand "Big" Sam but he knows how to win games if you are down there. Like Romey siad before, not a good time to be playing you at the minute but hopefully we'll get the win we need.

With Andy Carroll coming bak hopefully big Sam will open up their game a little now that he will finally have a striker. Tough match but I see us getting a win after a bad couple months.

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Osman Pienaar

Lukaku

Subs: Barkley for Osman, Naismith for Lukaku, Duelofeu for Pienaar.

Edited by markjazzbassist

With Andy Carroll coming bak hopefully big Sam will open up their game a little now that he will finally have a striker. Tough match but I see us getting a win after a bad couple months.

Howard

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Osman Pienaar

Lukaku

I wouldn't complain at all if that was the team and subs. From what Martinez has said this week (might have been today?), it sounds like he thinks McGeady is ready to make an impact. Might be a good game for him to try it

I can see what RolyE means tbh. I don't think Noble is good enough for England either, but if he was a fringe player for Man United or Arsenal you get the feeling he'd receive a call-up simply for that reason e.g. the already mentioned Cleverley. Good posts by him in this thread.

As for this game, as Romey say it's the worst time to be playing them as they've hit some fantastic form. Should be a tight game, probably a draw or Everton to win by a single goal.

Like somebody said if they score first they will park the bus big time. They will bomb endless balls in looking for scraps around the box and try to bully us. I would start with Kevin in barkleys position and Gerry on the right and go at them with pace. Fancy us to halt their run 3-1 Kev,Gerry and lukaku

Howard

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Osman Pienaar

Lukaku

He will punt long balls at Carroll and look for Nolan to feed on the scraps, as always. This is why it's more important than ever that Barry and McCarthy control the game, retain possession and keep the ball away from the Hammers players. As soon as they get it they will pump those long balls and crosses and try and bully physically, so the more Everton can keep the ball, make WH chase it, and hence avoid tiring physical encounters with them, the better. Edited by Nikica

Based on his last appearance I wouldn't put Barkley in the squad. If he isnt right, which he clearly wasnt last weekend, then its better for all concerned if he is given time to get himself right. We have Pienaar and Osman who can play that role in a similar way with McGeady or Deulofeu to come in if needs be.

You cant be serious. No offence, but Noble wouldnt get near most teams in the top half, he may be a good player for teams in and around mid-table but England? really?

I get that you've seen a lot more of him than I have and he may be to you what McCarthy is to us I.E you miss him more when hes not playing. But i get the impression he's been the best of a bad bunch when you consider the season you've had.

Should be a good game, your always a difficult team to break down so im not expecting many goals. Hopefully Lukaku is back and Barkley pulls his finger out.

When have we missed McCarthy?

I think what the guy is saying is Noble has dragged them out of a tough period with his goals. He's always been a decent player IMO. However I agree he's not England level.

Based on his last appearance I wouldn't put Barkley in the squad. If he isnt right, which he clearly wasnt last weekend, then its better for all concerned if he is given time to get himself right. We have Pienaar and Osman who can play that role in a similar way with McGeady or Deulofeu to come in if needs be.

Agree Barkley just isn't right.