IGNORED

Ignore Topic

Matt

Louis, is it possible to have an "ignore topic" function, like we have the "follow topic" function.

There are some threads Ive no interest in but they come up in my "View New Content" search ("I use the Content I Have Not Read" option so I dont miss things) whenever theyre updated. Only way to clear the new content is to open them to mark them as read so theyre not there next time. Or if thats not possible, a "mark as read" button for the thread rather than having to go into it, like you can get for emails

any chance?

There's a whole different group of various individuals on these pages with their own agenda but we know enough not to name names.

This issue that Matthew highlighted was brought to the fore by myself some time ago, and while what seemed imperative at the time, maybe isn't so necessary to be implemented this time.

You can go two ways with things I often find on any given forum pages, that being, if you're in a disagreement, you can either fight your corner and things may escalate until one side backs down - or you can bite your fucking tongue. Being of a belligerent nature, I invariably fall prey to the former. Guess these things will occur, there's always going to a certain level of disharmony with some participants on pages like these wherever you find them - all sharing the same interest and with the best intentions, but problems will arise and fallouts will occur, unfortunately sometimes, these can last longer than just general disputes that quickly pass over and some long lasting animosity may ensue - Still that's just the way things go sometimes.

I'm not going to fuck around, by saying there is one or two areas of concern with one or two other participants on these pages, and to completely divorce myself from their "activities" would be one solution to things, but the real pity is, it's a decent little site that Louis has put together in all honesty, and we all share the same interest in wanting Everton Football Club to succeed, but then all talk is not always about that, such is the miscellaneous index, where a variety of topics can arouse some considerable debate.

Bottom line is, in an ideal world we'd all like to maybe get on with each other, but mankind dictates that there's always going to be disputes and argument or fall outs, and these pages would seem no exception. I for one am content to let this concept rest a little, I don't participate much these days, but sooner or later I know this may have to be implemented for the good of any future involvement.

Guest Nikica

I've only really seen one person who I felt was deliberately trying to get a rise out of others in every topic. People here seem to get on well in general - it's quite an amicable forum and I like everyone here. It's a nice site.

I realise that the topic is about ignoring topics and not individuals, but just thought I'd weigh in on the conversation.

I've only really seen one person who I felt was deliberately trying to get a rise out of others in every topic. People here seem to get on well in general - it's quite an amicable forum and I like everyone here. It's a nice site.

I realise that the topic is about ignoring topics and not individuals, but just thought I'd weigh in on the conversation.

you can ignore people if you want :)

Guest Nikica

you can ignore people if you want :)

Ahh okay, I didn't know that. I knew you could block but not ignore posts.

I have no intention of doing it anyway as I believe everyone has the right to be heard - even if sometimes they are wumming.

Edited by Nikica

This function doesn't appear to work. Gave it a go regarding one or two participants on these pages and their recent 'endeavors' but the respective threads still appear ? Simply says 'thread blocked' but the page is still evident ? I was hoping it would maybe obliterate any pieces in question, but the issue would appear to still be unresolved ?