IGNORED

Max Kruse

• 3 years later...

Why do we need someone younger? At 29 a player is at his prime.

No resell value and will serve us 2-3 years only before we need to invest fresh money into another striker. And he's not that good. I'm looking for someone of Lukaku's or better quality. Don't think Kruse is anywhere near that quality. I would rather sign someone younger and in development, who can reach the heights in the forthcoming future. Andrea Belotti is great example of young, but already solid striker with big future ahead. I'm not saying we're in position to sign Belotti though.

Edited by Haiku

Wish our fans would stop talking about resale value, makes us sound cheap.

Surely we are past that stage now.

This 100%!!! It's driving me nuts!

Resale value is something you look at when your only aim is 'buy to sell to buy'.

How many of the top, trophy winning clubs in recent times have been buying with the focus being on 'resale value'? None.

The aim is to win leagues and trophies. You can't do that if you constantly look to buy players with the aim to develop them, then sell them just as they hit their peak years.

No resell value and will serve us 2-3 years only before we need to invest fresh money into another striker. And he's not that good. I'm looking for someone of Lukaku's or better quality. Don't think Kruse is anywhere near that quality. I would rather sign someone younger and in development, who can reach the heights in the forthcoming future. Andrea Belotti is great example of young, but already solid striker with big future ahead. I'm not saying we're in position to sign Belotti though.

So you want to sign a young player of Lukaku's quality? Don't we all but I fear they all want to go to bigger clubs.

We already have three young strikers at the club.

Wish our fans would stop talking about resale value, makes us sound cheap.

Surely we are past that stage now.

Burning cash for someone who's average, is at his peak and is only going to get worse. I'm not a fan of either. Actually having resale value means the player is good, young and can serve us for years to come. it's not necessarily to sell him, but it's nice to know we can get a good offer if we're looking to replace him for any reason.

I jus think we should be looking at first team players who we want to stay and go forward with. That's how big teams do it and I want us to follow.

I used to buy reliable cars that I k ow hold there price.

Then I brought an expansive car to last me a few years, I haven't looked back since and couldn't imagine.... wait.... I'm doing it now haha!

I jus think we should be looking at first team players who we want to stay and go forward with. That's how big teams do it and I want us to follow.

I used to buy reliable cars that I k ow hold there price.

Then I brought an expansive car to last me a few years, I haven't looked back since and couldn't imagine.... wait.... I'm doing it now haha!

Oh no - not the car analogy!!!

Kruse control. The engine of our team. Great in the clutch. A brake from being average. The need for a well-designed boot...