IGNORED

Loans - what drivel

MC11

"Other clubs have players on loan, Newcastle included, but none have had greater impact than at Everton.

The Football Association need to address the Premier League loan system to stop it having an adverse affect on the table."

Those final two lines are the icing onnthe cake for me. There is no sense there. Should each player have a loan rating? And you can only have a certain number of points.

In a word - drivel.

How tiring is this Loan argument nonsense??? All of a sudden Everton are cheating by loaning players? Lukaku is costing approx £5m for this one season - near £100k a week.

If anything it is a stupid argument, we had Lineker on a permanent deal and had him for one season. We owned Rooney and had 2 seasons... we could get Deulofeu next year and it will be the same without the profit - so what is the issue???

Its just sour grapes, did everyone kick off when Bolton had strurridge or wilshire?

The one thing these bitter fan hold on to is "ah, lets see what happens when they have to send them back" - my answer will be...

"The same as what Martinez did before but with the added bonus of being able to prove that young talent develops at Everton - so roll up roll up PSG, Real and Barca, give us your multi million pound 19 year olds, we will get them ready for your first team whilst getting 4th place and the revenue to compete in the perm market"

"Other clubs have players on loan, Newcastle included, but none have had greater impact than at Everton.

The Football Association need to address the Premier League loan system to stop it having an adverse affect on the table."

Those final two lines are the icing onnthe cake for me. There is no sense there. Should each player have a loan rating? And you can only have a certain number of points.

In a word - drivel.

Why would you loan in a player if you didn't think it could possibly help your team in the table?

Most ridiculous statement ever.

The person who wrote this should have looked at the stats first. This article was on mediawatch (Football 365) as well. (See below).

Loan Rangers
There is a wonderfully bitter piece on the website of the Metro today, written by Paul Mannion, who describes himself as a Newcastle United supporter. That much soon becomes clear.

Mannion pens a criticism of Everton's use of the loan system, hinted at by the headline 'Why Everton are out of order for signing so many loan players'. However, the reasoning and logic of the argument is flimsier than tissue paper in a hurricane.

'Everton deserved their victory over the Magpies at St James' Park but the flattering scoreline highlighted the growing problem of loan players in today's Premier League,' writes Mannion. 'The Football Association need to address the Premier League loan system to stop it having an adverse effect on the table.'

There are already rules in place regarding the loan market. Clubs can only sign a maximum of two players on loan from another Premier League club. So that's sorted.

'A third of Everton's starting line-up were on-loan players from the world's elite clubs and their whole team is built around them.'

Three is not a third of eleven.

'Without Lukaku, a world-class striker who would be beyond Everton financially if they were to attempt a full transfer from Chelsea, as well as Deulofeu and Barry, the Toffees wouldn't be anywhere near a Champions League spot.'

A Newcastle supporter criticising Everton for being able to take Lukaku on loan, and thus giving them an unfair advantage, would be a lot easier to swallow if Newcastle's manager had not spoken about taking the same player on loan just 24 hours earlier.

"I think he is a player a lot of clubs will be looking at in the summer," Alan Pardew said of Lukaku. "I don't think Everton will get a free run at him."

It would also be an easier argument to accept if two of Newcastle's three strikers (Luuk De Jong and Loic Remy) were not on loan, with Remy the club's top scorer and actually contributing more goals than the 'world-class' Lukaku this season.

After he started to refer to Newcastle as we, I really started to enjoy the article.

We've had years of people liking us and saying nice things about plucky little Everton. I hate that. I want people to fear us, this guy is scared of Everton. I hope to see many more articles by bitter, jealous, journalists after we've taught their teams, and in this case their disrespectful idiot of a manger, a hard lesson. Keep upsetting the status quo, I'm enjoying it!

Guest Nikica

I've seen this mentioned by Man United fans as well - the funny thing is that they sent plenty of players on loan to Wigan when Martinez was there...

It's all very small time. The loan system exists, so why not benefit from it? There's no 'cheating' or bending of the rules whatsoever.

Edited by Nikica

• 2 weeks later...

The Daily Mail are in on the act now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2599917/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Everton-fairytale-hooked-shame-built-50m-loan-sham-Lukaku-Barry-Deulofeu-Wengers-right-moan.html

Although, the headline doesn't quite tally with what Martin Samuel says.

He says that it's unfair that clubs who loan players are given the green light to enter European competitions, whereas players who buy outright and overextend themselves financially sometimes do not meet UEFA's entry criteria. He doesn't criticise Everton's "very smart" use of the loan market, but says it's an oversight by UEFA in the Financial Fair Play criteria.

He also says Wenger is hypocritical for complaining about it when he has a dozen players out on loan affecting several competitions in the same way as Everton's loanees have.

The Daily Mail are in on the act now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2599917/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Everton-fairytale-hooked-shame-built-50m-loan-sham-Lukaku-Barry-Deulofeu-Wengers-right-moan.html

Although, the headline doesn't quite tally with what Martin Samuel says.

He says that it's unfair that clubs who loan players are given the green light to enter European competitions, whereas players who buy outright and overextend themselves financially sometimes do not meet UEFA's entry criteria. He doesn't criticise Everton's "very smart" use of the loan market, but says it's an oversight by UEFA in the Financial Fair Play criteria.

He also says Wenger is hypocritical for complaining about it when he has a dozen players out on loan affecting several competitions in the same way as Everton's loanees have.

And it's an interesting observation further down in the article that David Moyes's United have the best away record in the league because, when away from home, they can play his more conservative style of football. There may be an element of truth in that.

You'd think we'd held Chelsea, City and Barca up at gunpoint so that we could steal these players from them. We paid for the privilege of having them here for a limited time period, and those clubs were only too willing to let them come.

If we'd signed three loan players who's values would only have been £6m but they'd had the same impact and we were challenging Arsenal for fourth then I assume Samuel would have no problem with it? Bullshit. He can cover it up with the FFP shit and them having a value of £50m all he likes but the only reason anyone has a problem with what's happened is that they've worked out extremely well for us. If Barry, Lukaku and Deulofeu had flopped and we were plodding a long mid-table, not upsetting the apple cart then there would be no outrage, no articles about how fucking unfair it is. In fact, there would probably be articles about how good we are giving these players a chance when they'd more than likely have been sat doing fuck all for the season.

Fuck Samuel. Fuck Wenger. Fuck them all.

boom-boom-boomity-boom!

Maybe we should just loan Bentner off wenger, save him £100k a week in wasted wages to shut him up...

Maybe we could say that Wenger loaning Jack Wilshire to Bolton got West Ham relegated instead of Bolton...

Maybe Wenger needs to look at the fact that he was sat on £100m in January, top of the league and despite needing a striker did nothing but loan a player!!! haha!

Maybe we should just ban loaning players out and see where the next Beckham, Sturridge, Wilshire, etc will come from who all benefitted from having a loan.

What really brings it into perspective is that each of the loan signings has been successful and that in the case of Barry and Lukaku they were brought in at literally the last minute.

I think this is the second article from that writer on this very subject. Expect an additional version to appear describing how unfair it is that Everton beat United in a couple of weeks.

It doesn't make any sense. If you bring players on loan instead of buying them then you're not overextending yourself. So you're behaving sensibly, from a financial point of view, which is what the FFP criteria are all about. I don't see why that's unfair. The whole point of FFP is presumably to stop teams bankrupting themselves like Leeds did, or to have a few checks on teams like Man City and Chelsea so football isn't dominated by a tiny number of teams with rich owners, which UEFA worry would get boring. If you loan players then you don't enter in to any of that.

Edited by tonyhibbertshairline