IGNORED

Oldies.....but goodies?

Oztoffee

Who does he play for and what position?

:huh: Full back who played in two Merseyside derbies, one for each side, in 2001/2.

But the answer doesn't fit your question because you stated that the person you're after played for Liverpool and then Everton (other way round with Abel). Also there was a fee involved.

Who played for Liverpool (v Everton) at Anfield and then for Everton (v Liverpool) at Goodison in the same season?

Clue: There was no transfer fee involved.

The answer is: The Salvation Army Band. (I know this is similar to Oz's Cup Final question but I think mine pre-dates his. I remember hearing it in the 1950's.)

Edited by johnh

OK, no takers for the cricket question.....remember these are not necessarily real answers.

How about this football one: Who scored from a position farthest way from the goal? In other words, who holds the record for scoring from the farthest distance?

By the way, the cricket answer is Miandad, (me an' Dad)

Javed Miandad played for Pakistan from mid 70's to early 90's for those who don't know the name.

Edited by Oztoffee

By the way, the cricket answer is Miandad, (me an' Dad)

Oh dear - that's bad! :)

I did a Google search to track down the trivia I had heard previously. The two didn't play for the West Indies, but a father and son did play for the same team in a Guyana league - and they did both score centuries.

https://cricket.yahoo.com/news/shivnarine-and-tagenarine--father-and-son-bat-together.html