IGNORED

Kopite Thread

:D

everton still didn't make a european spot though I see ;)

The club that stands out for me on that list though is West Ham. They're in pretty deep shit at the moment.

Touche. But you're BOTTOM...like relegated bottom :D

Technically we finsihed, were we should based on wages. Only Fulham, Sunderland and Newcastle can say the same?

we do ok as far as wages go, its just the rest of our finances that are a complete mess

Both teams wage bills are very responsible in the context of the league as a whole, these figures show wage bills as a percentage of total turnover for all last seasons premiership clubs.

1. Arsenal - 29%

2. Man United - 46%

3. Wolves - 49%

4. Spurs - 56%

5. Fulham - 63%

6. Liverpool - 65%

7. Birmingham - 68%

8. Everton - 69%

9. Bolton - 74%

10. West Ham - 75%

11. Stoke - 76%

12. Blackburn - 81%

13. Chelsea - 82%

=. West Brom - 82%

15. Sunderland - 83%

16. Villa - 88%

17. Newcastle - 90%

18. Wigan - 91%

19 Man City - 106%

20 Blackpool - 144%

from http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/19/premier-league-finances-black-hole here.

No surprise with the top 2, they are both able to generate massive amounts of matchday revenue. Chelsea make a lot too, but their wage bill is enormous. Both them and city are currently able to opperate pretty much in a state of their own at the moment but it will be interesting to see what effect the 2013 UEFA Financial Fair Play rules has on them.

Marco - I guess you can tell I'm a big fan of Lucas, I've always valued attitude and application above everything else, get them right and the rest tends to eventually fall into place. Unless they're a complete donkey obviously :)

Both teams wage bills are very responsible in the context of the league as a whole, these figures show wage bills as a percentage of total turnover for all last seasons premiership clubs.

1. Arsenal - 29%

2. Man United - 46%

3. Wolves - 49%

4. Spurs - 56%

5. Fulham - 63%

6. Liverpool - 65%

7. Birmingham - 68%

8. Everton - 69%

9. Bolton - 74%

10. West Ham - 75%

11. Stoke - 76%

12. Blackburn - 81%

13. Chelsea - 82%

=. West Brom - 82%

15. Sunderland - 83%

16. Villa - 88%

17. Newcastle - 90%

18. Wigan - 91%

19 Man City - 106%

20 Blackpool - 144%

from http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/19/premier-league-finances-black-hole here.

No surprise with the top 2, they are both able to generate massive amounts of matchday revenue. Chelsea make a lot too, but their wage bill is enormous. Both them and city are currently able to opperate pretty much in a state of their own at the moment but it will be interesting to see what effect the 2013 UEFA Financial Fair Play rules has on them.

Marco - I guess you can tell I'm a big fan of Lucas, I've always valued attitude and application above everything else, get them right and the rest tends to eventually fall into place. Unless they're a complete donkey obviously :)

Wolves are doing very well for themselves then, when you consider the other 'New Boys' are near the bottom.

No suprises with shitee though.

1. Arsenal - 29%

2. Man United - 46%

3. Wolves - 49%

4. Spurs - 56%

5. Fulham - 63%

6. Liverpool - 65%

7. Birmingham - 68%

8. Everton - 69%

9. Bolton - 74%

10. West Ham - 75%

11. Stoke - 76%

12. Blackburn - 81%

13. Chelsea - 82%

=. West Brom - 82%

15. Sunderland - 83%

16. Villa - 88%

17. Newcastle - 90%

18. Wigan - 91%

19 Man City - 106%

20 Blackpool - 144%

i could understand some fans gettin on his back earlier on cos no offence to your lot but most are retards and want everythin to happen for them yesterday

• 2 weeks later...

Lucas was our best player last season by a country mile. Kuyt and Suarez would probably come next.

Save for a brief spell of about a month around January when he scored in about 5 games in a row, Merelles was pretty average. His passing was hit and miss, he drifted in and out of games and he shit out of practically every tackle and 50/50 he faced all season.

£13.5m would be a good deal for us, especially if we replace him with Adam for £5m less.

I must have seen him live about 25 times last season, this is the source of my information.

You watch them more than i do mate, but when i was watchin he was pulling the strings. Lucas came on a great deal last season but i still dont understand the hype.

On another topic, statement regarding stadium:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-statement-on-stadium

• 2 weeks later...

Full strength looking team lost 3-0 at Hull today :lol: .

No Lucas, Suarez, or Gerrard.

22 players got 45mins each.

Had most of the ball but created naff all. Hull took their chances well.

Our best player, in my opinion, was Aquilani who is apparently going to Fiori on loan :lol:

Downing looked boss as well.

No Lucas, Suarez, or Gerrard.

22 players got 45mins each.

Three players missing eh? Far from full strength then :rolleyes: .

You're reserves losing 3-0 to Hull would be almost as funny.

I hear Killa ripped you to pieces despite a dodgy solder joint on his zimmer :P .

Three players missing eh? Far from full strength then :rolleyes: .

You're reserves losing 3-0 to Hull would be almost as funny.

I hear Killa ripped you to pieces despite a dodgy solder joint on his zimmer :P .

He was crap, erm..probably. (I was v.drunk by the time I got round to watching it)

It was, injuries and internationals aside, our entire 1st team squad used so hardly a full strength XI.

Oh aye, Reina was missing too. So would 1st choice XI playing 90 mins including our best holding midfielder, attacking midfielder, goalkeeper, and striker have made a difference....?

Not if Northampton was anything to go by :lol:

arsed though really, it's a run out, nothing more.

He was crap, erm..probably. (I was v.drunk by the time I got round to watching it)

It was, injuries and internationals aside, our entire 1st team squad used so hardly a full strength XI.

Oh aye, Reina was missing too. So would 1st choice XI playing 90 mins including our best holding midfielder, attacking midfielder, goalkeeper, and striker have made a difference....?

Not if Northampton was anything to go by :lol:

arsed though really, it's a run out, nothing more.

@Everton missing players is the norm, not every player is gonna stay fit all season. You're usually a sensible red, so save the excuses-makes you sound *bitter* :P

2nd half, apart from the keeper, could easily be a starting 11 for Liverpool this season and they still got beat in their 45 mins 1-0

Bloody hell if I was arsed enough about friendlies to get bitter about the results I'd have topped myself years ago by now, we're rubbish at them! I remember as a kid one year we lost every pre-season game save for one draw I think... and went on to win a league, league cup, and european cup treble that season. I was practically supporting Hull. :D

Bloody hell if I was arsed enough about friendlies to get bitter about the results I'd have topped myself years ago by now, we're rubbish at them! I remember as a kid one year we lost every pre-season game save for one draw I think... and went on to win a league, league cup, and european cup treble that season. I was practically supporting Hull. :D

aha. I agree with you though, Pre-season means very little imo; its exercise at best. The games never live up to league games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...