• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Danish_Reg

Danish_Reg

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2006 - 12:34

Is there any chance of us signing benayoun?
he will be a gret right winger and has speed to burn

and he would definitely suit our style of play with cahill, Johnson and beattie upfront and benayoun seting up the goals for them

#2 Cloud

Cloud

There's Nobody Better Than Mikel Arteta!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2006 - 12:35

For one, he would cost us about 8-10 million coz West dont want to sell....

Soo no i cant see us gettting him

#3 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,222 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2006 - 13:21

For one, he would cost us about 8-10 million coz West dont want to sell....

Soo no i cant see us gettting him

View Post

Agreed

He'd be a fantastic signing but its just not going to happen right now

#4 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2006 - 13:45

It wont happpen we dnt have the money and hes said hes staying at west ham

#5 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,222 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2006 - 14:55

Jermaine Pennant said he was staying at Birmingham, remind me what team hes playing for now?

#6 thebluenose

thebluenose

ALEX:Immortal Justice Lead Guitarist and backing Vocalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2006 - 15:05

i dont even know. where is he playing

#7 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2006 - 15:06

But thats Pennant Birmingham are shit and have been relagated whilst west ham are a decent team in the prem

#8 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,222 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2006 - 15:19

The sad truth is mate that players lie all the time about wanting to stay at teams so they dont piss the fans off incase a deal doesnt come off. A player saying he doesnt want to leave is not a good enough reason for me to believe he wont be leaving. Carrick said a few weeks ago he wanted to stay at Spurs and now hes at Manure.

Bluenose you cant be serious :blink:

#9 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2006 - 15:21

The sad truth is mate that players lie all the time about wanting to stay at teams so they dont piss the fans off incase a deal doesnt come off. A player saying he doesnt want to leave is not a good enough reason for me to believe he wont be leaving. Carrick said a few weeks ago he wanted to stay at Spurs and now hes at Manure.
Bluenose you cant be serious  :blink:

View Post

yea but "big clubs" came in for carrick and he said it was too hard to refuse. but you are right about players lieing

#10 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,222 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2006 - 15:22

Spurs are a team on the up, Manure are on the way down IMO. Its not a sound move for him. Spurs must be laughing all the way to the bank getting that much for him. Over priced and over rated.

#11 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2006 - 15:26

yea this is wat he said:

Michael Carrick has insisted his move to Manchester United is not 'all about money', having completed his £18.6million switch from Tottenham Hotspur.
The former West Ham midfielder passed a medical on Monday at Old Trafford and revealed the offer was 'too good too turn down'.

"This is a football decision, a decision not driven by money," said Carrick.
"It's an offer that has come at the right time for me both professionally and personally and I felt I couldn't turn it down."

"I've had a great time at Spurs and the club have been brilliant for me. Martin (Jol) is a great manager and he has done an enormous amount for my career and without any doubt he has helped develop me into a better player.

"He gave me a chance when I needed it, stood by me, and I will always thank him for that."

#12 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2006 - 20:26

i do think he is a good player and i expect to see better play from him but i would never pay that for him at most id pay £11 mil if that tbh

#13 java2001e

java2001e

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 02 Aug 2006 - 00:50

i do think he  is a good player and i expect to see better play from him but i would never pay that for him at most id pay £11 mil if that tbh

View Post

i think that ferguson is losing his touch. carrick is good, but he isnt that good.

some of the manpower problems that manu are facing are down to fergies managerial style.

one bad season at manu and its bye bye fergie.

#14 CraccerC

CraccerC

Simão Sabrosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 02 Aug 2006 - 01:42

Spurs are a team on the up, Manure are on the way down IMO. Its not a sound move for him. Spurs must be laughing all the way to the bank getting that much for him. Over priced and over rated.

View Post

i got a few points, 1st in general to most people here, i think everyoen is writing carrick off a bit early, he's a talented player who palyed us off the aprk last year, hecoudl be very good for a team liek man u, whether they paid to much, you can't really say until you see him, but from what i've seen he is very talented

and now for mark, not to argue but i think man u are on the way up tbh, ruud is a loss but still saha played very well for them i nthe run in and more than fileld the spot, theyve got a very young midfield so theyre obviously goign to improve, players like ronaldo, rooney, dare i say it richardson... they already have a great defence and solid keeper and pretty powerful strikeforce, as rio has said lately theyve been in a bit of a transition period, and the addition of carrick onyl improves them further, however they're still not going to do enough to finish top 2 for me, but i think they're still a top 4 club most definately

#15 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 02 Aug 2006 - 11:29

i think that ferguson is losing his touch. carrick is good, but he isnt that good.

some of the manpower problems that manu are facing are down to fergies managerial style.

one bad season at manu and its bye bye fergie.

View Post

Yea Fergie is causing problems, lost RVN lost Beckham, there team at the moment is not title contenders they need to make more signings

#16 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,222 posts

Posted 02 Aug 2006 - 11:47

He pissed Keane off aswell, true Keane wasnt the player he used to be at the time but he was still a valuable player to them.

#17 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 02 Aug 2006 - 11:49

They need another Keane type player, some mite say theyve got it in carrick but i think they should have got Viera

#18 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,222 posts

Posted 02 Aug 2006 - 11:56

Neither of them players will fill Keanes place, especially not Vieira. He was bollox at Juve according to reports, past his best. A disaster Manure have avoided.

#19 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 02 Aug 2006 - 12:06

Well i didnt see anything of him at Juve so i dnt no but him and Leane have similar styles

#20 Danish_Reg

Danish_Reg

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 Aug 2006 - 14:09

Well i didnt see anything of him at Juve so i dnt no but him and Leane have similar styles

View Post

viera wasnt flash hot...

didnt think his style suited the italian league at all

#21 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,222 posts

Posted 02 Aug 2006 - 14:10

That'll explain why he only played 3 times for AC Milan before going to Arsenal then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users