IGNORED

Leandro Rodriguez

Disappointed he never got time tonight. By sounds of things Kone needs a rest and Rom needs to sit on the bench and ask himself a few questions.

Aside from playing Nais as a main striker or making a big gamble on Leandro we are pretty much resigned to play Rom and that for me is wrong. Nearly every other player in the side would get dropped for less.

Really got to hope that this lad can put some pressure on the others.

Nearly every other player in the side would get dropped for less.

Really got to hope that this lad can put some pressure on the others.

This is why your posts are annoying. Stop making unfounded suggestions to back up your campaign. It is very tory-like, and I know that's the last thing you'd ever want to be. Howard, Jags, Coleman, Baines, McCarthy, Barry all had awful spells last season for much longer period and not one got dropped. The only regulars that I remember getting dropped were Lukaku and Barkley. If you believe Lukaku deserves to be dropped fair enough, it's interesting to see people's views and half the board will probs agreewith you that he should sit, but please stop will the extras.

Guest rusty747

I think if we had been two or three goals up at Reading Roberto would have brought him on for the last 15 minutes or so. Under the circumstances he couldn't really bring him on as a late equaliser from Reading and we would have been into extra time and penalties.

I do hope he stays in the squad for West Brom though. Hopefully circumstances will allow him a little cameo there.

I think we have got to give up on kone simple as let's try and get some young and hungry blood in.

I think the reality is that Kone has more or less served a purpose (injury aside) - you can see why RM bought him in. He is lucky to have been able to play after his injury as his knee from what I gather is one knock away from being a career over.

Without that injury you can see what he would have given us - he's not a goalscorer but he offers a great deal in terms of physicality and is a good link up player. It would not surprise me if he is n't able to fully train - people with bad knees can't. I'm glad for him that he has been able to show fans that he isn't exactly Brett Angel - a decent enough lower end of league striker that really £6m whilst being at the upper end of what he was worth is pretty much what you get.

Up front is a real headache for us. We do not have a player who can do a consistent job for us, I don't want to get into the Haf hates Rom scenario - I don't hate anyone who plays for Everton, however his continued lethargic attitude and lack of appreciation for our club is starting to really annoy me. He walked off ignoring 4500 travelling fans last night - forget giving a top to a fan you hit, show appreciation to a massive group of people who travelled a long way on a work night to support the team, he may well have known his contribution was not good enough, time to front up.

Thats said, what do we do? For me we start Naismith - simple as that, Rom and Kone can be dropped. I would go as far as saying leave them out of the squad. The message needs to be hard. If you look half bothered or cant do a job - I won't consider you.

We need to buy a busy goalscorer in January, lets hope Leandro can be a great find.

Problem is he is still the best we have.

I agree to benching him as others can't do any worse at the minute...but not out of the squad.

Rom Is the type of player that will have us moaning and wanting him dropped one match....but then win a game single handedly the next and make his fans smirk.

The difficulty for RM is whether to risk benching him.... Knowing that he could easily turn up for that next match.

The Enigma that is Lukaku.

Still his fault I have a shit job though!

Problem is he is still the best we have.

I agree to benching him as others can't do any worse at the minute...but not out of the squad.

Rom Is the type of player that will have us moaning and wanting him dropped one match....but then win a game single handedly the next and make his fans smirk.

The difficulty for RM is whether to risk benching him.... Knowing that he could easily turn up for that next match.

The Enigma that is Lukaku.

Still his fault I have a shit job though!

Lukaku needs us to have a Roy Keane, Graeme Souness, Terry Butcher, on the pitch - a player who would literally tear him apart without any consideration for his feelings.

Gerry gave him what for last night which was impressive to see. However, I don't think he has that element of nastiness to make his point felt. Its something you would think Jags, McCarthy, or Barry should do - again a bit too nice.

The only one is Naismith but Rom probably thinks "who are you to tell me" - and unless Nais is gonna give Chelsea perfromances every week that will be lost too.

Getting back to Rodriguez. It'll have been absolutely massive for him to have just been with the squad last night, and seeing how passionate our fans are - 3000 (I think) travelling on a Tuesday night is amazing (and nothing new). His confidence will have been boosted just being there, the next step is him being on the bench for a league game to get more accustomed to what is expected of a first team player at this level. Let him watch from the sidelines and see how much faster it is. Then get him on at the end of a game soon and see how it goes. There's no need to rush him.

Getting back to Rodriguez. It'll have been absolutely massive for him to have just been with the squad last night, and seeing how passionate our fans are - 3000 (I think) travelling on a Tuesday night is amazing (and nothing new). His confidence will have been boosted just being there, the next step is him being on the bench for a league game to get more accustomed to what is expected of a first team player at this level. Let him watch from the sidelines and see how much faster it is. Then get him on at the end of a game soon and see how it goes. There's no need to rush him.

Patto seems to think very highly of him. Its like Football manager this one where the scout brings you a player with 1 star current ability but 5 star potential.

yep i'm excited for him. the more i think about it his style of play makes sense. crosses slung from coleman, baines, gerry, lennon, mirallas, barkley just need someone to find the ball on the other end, fox in the box. we have enough pace on the sides that we just need someone to finish shots.

the more i see us play and our strengths the more i think romelu might not be well suited to our style of play. i think for steve clarke's mourinho style park the bus and counter he is perfect. runs fast with the ball in front of him and counters well. doesn't need a first touch or to hold up the ball cause he's just rushing down the pitch to pass or score. for us he's asked to do the opposite. time will tell though.

Edited by markjazzbassist

yep i'm excited for him. the more i think about it his style of play makes sense. crosses slung from coleman, baines, gerry, lennon, mirallas, barkley just need someone to find the ball on the other end, fox in the box. we have enough pace on the sides that we just need someone to finish shots.

the more i see us play and our strengths the more i think romelu might not be well suited to our style of play. i think for steve clarke's mourinho style park the bus and counter he is perfect. runs fast with the ball in front of him and counters well. doesn't need a first touch or to hold up the ball cause he's just rushing down the pitch to pass or score. for us he's asked to do the opposite. time will tell though.

As I see it, Roberto's approach is to have multiple styles of play available, so he can choose a different game strategy for different teams - or even swap approach within a game as needed. Over time, I see players swapping in and out of the team based on these strategies, not the same starting 11 every week. That would mean Rom in some games, Naismith in others, Leandro in others, and so on. Time will tell.

As I see it, Roberto's approach is to have multiple styles of play available, so he can choose a different game strategy for different teams - or even swap approach within a game as needed. Over time, I see players swapping in and out of the team based on these strategies, not the same starting 11 every week. That would mean Rom in some games, Naismith in others, Leandro in others, and so on. Time will tell.

doubtful steve. he hasn't done that with any other position its the same starting XI week in and out unless there's an injury. haven't seen the 433 in months or 352. it's 4231 all day every day.

doubtful steve. he hasn't done that with any other position its the same starting XI week in and out unless there's an injury. haven't seen the 433 in months or 352. it's 4231 all day every day.

I dont think so at all. We have been switching between 4231, 433 and 4312 at various times through out this season. If/when we are playing fluid football the formation doesnt really matter.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...