IGNORED

Tom Davies

Along with ninety-seven others :unsure:. Daft.

keeping with some good company on that list, voted Davies but I think Donnaruma will win it.

Well clear with 9% of the vote at the moment, nearest challenger has 5% (Tom 1%).

Along with ninety-seven others :unsure:. Daft.

Well clear with 9% of the vote at the moment, nearest challenger has 5% (Tom 1%).

Yeah -- I don't understand their nominations. Cameron Carter-Vickers is on there, and while I think he has a bright future, he rarely plays for Spurs!

Its obvious very early days for Tom but how good do you think he could be?

Is he going to a good premiership player (which is he about now) or has got the ability to be more than that?

I haven't been as impressed with him as most others have been, but that's not to say I think he's terrible or anything like that because I don't think that in any way. For me he spends too much time on the periphery of games, drifting in and out. However, he's a kid with only a handful of games to his name so that's pretty much exactly how I'd expect him to be at this stage so I don't see it as a problem, but as something he's got to figure out how to combat as he gains experience. I think he'll do this, and he's certainly got the tools to do it and the right people around him to point him in the right direction as well.

In my opinion his best game for us came against Leicester a few weeks ago, and it showed that he is starting to figure out how to stay involved in games. I thought he was fantastic in that game - he was all over the pitch, doing everything you could ask of him. It was a proper combative performance, but he also showed he can be much more than that as well because there was plenty of quality displayed as well.

I reckon we've got a brilliant all-round midfielder on our hands. While his attacking game is his main strength, he's not afraid of getting stuck in either. He'll definitely be a good PL player, anything above that is up to him and his determination I'd say. Much like Barkley, he looks to have the tools and now it's down to application as he progresses.

I am impressed. He's only 18 isn't he?

For his debut season, he's done brill.

He does need to filter some of his energy and make it count. But some of his movement, touches, passes and a bit of silky skill that he has shown, he should be a solid player for us.

Obviously he'll get hyped up because he's English, and of course the media will sell him to Chelsea, City or United, plus he plays in a position/role which I think gets least recognition these days...but I think he's saved us millions.

His execution of 'plays' is what impresses me the most. What he does with the ball, he generally does VERY well. His tackling is also great. As some have alluded to, it's what he does when he's not involved or his decision making on whether the get involved or not.

In terms of his one touch passing, it's sublime. His intelligence is the best weapon in his locker IMO. But for someone's debut season, he's done very well but still has many areas to improve on.

His execution of 'plays' is what impresses me the most. What he does with the ball, he generally does VERY well. His tackling is also great. As some have alluded to, it's what he does when he's not involved or his decision making on whether the get involved or not.

In terms of his one touch passing, it's sublime. His intelligence is the best weapon in his locker IMO. But for someone's debut season, he's done very well but still has many areas to improve on.

I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but this is what impresses me the most. His age makes me nervous when he receives the ball in tight spaces, but he almost always finds an outlet. His awareness/composure is amazing for someone his age.

I think he's been solid. For an 18-year-old, he's been superb. His movement is excellent, in addition to all the other positives you guys have been pointing out. My only qualms with his play are things likely to be ironed out with age and maturity (mental and physical). He can be a bit lightweight and lacking in awareness with the ball sometimes, so he loses possession a bit too often (or, at least, I notice it). He can also be a bit erratic out there. He needs to slow it down sometimes for the sake of his teammates. But, the good thing is that his downsides are mostly a product of him working hard and caring. Once he fills out and figures out how to measure his game a bit, he's going to be a very good player.

I concur. Great player on our hands.

I like his aggression and the pace he wants to play at. Sometimes he are far too slow, especially when Ross wants to dither around with the ball at his feet, allowing defenders to regroup.

I like to see those hard slidr tackles he throws in, as long as he has the best intentions. He's the box to box player we've craved for years.

I like his aggression and the pace he wants to play at. Sometimes he are far too slow, especially when Ross wants to dither around with the ball at his feet, allowing defenders to regroup.

I like to see those hard slidr tackles he throws in, as long as he has the best intentions. He's the box to box player we've craved for years.

And the best thing is he's one of ours, how much would it have cost to buy in someone to do the job he's doing?

I think he's brilliant. My type of footballer. No ego, no selfishness, technically sound in all areas....

He plays like you would expect a lad from the area to play. He will go on to be our captain in 4 or 5 years. He will get called up to the senior squad in the next 18 months. He will be England captain. He won't get his head turned.

Edited by Hafnia

And the best thing is he's one of ours, how much would it have cost to buy in someone to do the job he's doing?

£20m.... but to do the job he will be doing next year £30m the year after £40m.....

He will improve all the time.

The bit that impressed me was his interview after the Chelsea game- I think it was his debut. He wasnt happy to get his debut - he was pissed off at the result and was getting annoyed at the questions... He's a serious lad.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves he's done ok no doubt but he's been given pretty much a free role. Players like Gueye and Morgan letting him express himself. I can't see

Him every being England captain

The impressive thing is he does the things you dont see from a kid so young.... they normally play with youthful abandon - he is measured in everything.

He even fouls intelligently - his concentration levels are superb... He will make the odd blooper but this lad is doing stuff you just don't see from an inexperienced kid who is so young.