IGNORED

Van De Meyde

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do feel sorry for him though, it mustnt be nice

But this is the third footballer in recent weeks to get broken into, surely they must know they are high profile targets

What sort of security systems do these people have

You can pay for a direct line to a police station/ or security firm for a cost

STUPID BASTARDS

Burglars steal Van der Meyde dog

Everton fined Van der Meyde for going out 48 hours before a match

Everton footballer Andy van der Meyde has had his rare breed dog stolen, just days after being fined by his club for going on a night out.

Burglars broke into the 26-year-old's home in Bebington, Wirral, at the weekend, taking his seven-month-old pedigree Dogue de Bordeaux, Mac.

His Ferrari and Mini Cooper cars were also stolen, but later recovered.

Van der Meyde was fined and warned by manager David Moyes last week for going out 48 hours before a match.

The player collapsed at home after the night out in Liverpool city centre.

His partner told paramedics she believed his drink had been spiked and the Dutch international was taken to hospital.

Cars found

Burglars forced open the back door of Van der Meyde's home on Saturday while he was playing a testimonial match at Goodison Park.

His black Mini Cooper was taken, but found on Tuesday morning in West Derby, police said.

The Ferrari had been dumped at the Showcase Cinema on the East Lancs Road only a few hours after it was taken.

A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police said: "It had a broken windscreen.

"The car was removed and taken for forensic examination.

"Four men, all dressed in black were seen with the car prior to the incident.

"Detectives are asking anyone who witnessed the men to contact them."

Van der Meyde's missing dog is the same rare breed as Hooch in the Tom Hanks Turner and Hooch film.

----------------------------------------------------

Well i feel sorry for the guy tbh, what a week he has had. I just hope that he can now get past it all and show us what he can do on the pitch, coz VDM has a alot of talent and good ability, im just hoping that he can do well and i do feel sorry for the guy tbh.

i own 6 1000 pound guitars does that make me greedy if i bought them with my own money

45352[/snapback]

yes, give me one of them please!!!

i do feel sorry for him, what car was it? and stealing his dog is just a disgrace, but thats the kind of people they are!

Everton's Dutch midfielder Andy van der Meyde appealed for the return of his pet puppy on Tuesday after it was stolen during a burglary at his Merseyside home.

Thieves broke into the Premier League player's home in Bebington, Wirral, on Saturday and stole the pedigree dog, Mac, along with a Ferrari and a Mini Cooper.

Burglars broke in through a back door while Van der Meyde was playing a testimonial match against Spain's Athletic Bilbao at Goodison Park, police said.

"Obviously I want my stuff back, but I want Mac back more than anything. He is just a puppy," Van der Meyde, 26, told the Liverpool Echo. "I would be prepared to pay a reward to anybody who gets him back for me."

Mac is a pedigree Dogue de Bordeaux, a French breed of guard dog popularised in the Tom Hanks film "Turner and Hooch".

A Merseyside Police spokesman said the two cars have been found, but the dog is still missing.

Everton fined Van der Meyde last week after he was taken to hospital suffering breathing difficulties following a night out in Liverpool.

Police said they had been asked to investigate claims his drink had been spiked in a bar.

The former Ajax Amsterdam player joined Everton from Inter Milan last August for what media reports said was 2 million pounds 

Are we sure those reports are accurate?, I mean he could have had a few snifters and decided to take the dog with him, found a card game, and gambled the f*cking lot away, and came up with this pile of crap because he was too pissed to remember what he had done. Just a thought.

ATB

Mac

its feckin alass on him, hes on his ay back to fitness and then that happens, hasnt had the best of weeks niether. if someone was to rob my house and take everyfin includin my dog id only want the dog. its alass and appuling that someone can acctually rob someones dog :angry:

I found it funny that his dog was called Mac  :)

45400[/snapback]

For once I am nearly speechless, nearly.

Good luck to Fatboy this Saturday.

Andy, John Webby has left a blanket invitation to his wedding, nice of you to do the same. :D

ATB

Mac

• 9 years later...