IGNORED

Sunderland (Away) Wed May 11

markjazzbassist

Sunderland 3 Everton 0

Sunderland will be up for it, particularly after beating Chelsea. We haven't been 'up for it' for some time. Even with the incentive of a cup-final at Wembley we could only 'get up for it' for 45 minutes. We are an extremely poor side under Martinez, all we can do is retain possession in our own half of the pitch. Once we cross the half-way line we are lost.

I actually want us to lose. Fucking sad state of affairs this.

Why the fuck should our own fans want us to lose because we feel it's the only way the board will take action??? Speaks volumes. It's not just the manager who needs to leave.

I actually want us to lose. Fucking sad state of affairs this.

Why the fuck should our own fans want us to lose because we feel it's the only way the board will take action??? Speaks volumes. It's not just the manager who needs to leave.

I had a feeling of de ja vu when I read that. :D

I can't believe that some people want us to lose. For all the frustrations, how can fans who've demonstrated such commitment to the club actually want us to lose? I'm assuming it's not meant at heart.

I certainly don't; I can understand the reasoning behind it, whether it be getting Newcastle relegated or the manager the sack, but I don't agree with it.

I can't believe that some people want us to lose. For all the frustrations, how can fans who've demonstrated such commitment to the club actually want us to lose? I'm assuming it's not meant at heart.

I'd like us to win out. My weekend have been getting progressively worse the more we lose. The wife could use a positive and happy Mark this week.

I don't want us to lose. I believe we will. It's the not caring if we do lose, that's been the hardest thing for me.

Sometimes my passion for the club can spill out, I don't deny that, as I love this club. Really do love it. But at present, it doesn't feel like the people who own it or run it, love the club. I'm seeing nothing that suggests they want the best for Everton and that's hard to take.

It's like having an Aston Martin DB9 crush when you're a kid (not my era, appealing to the masses) and you dream about the day you ride in one or just see one. You have posters of it on the wall, you write about it online, you dream of owning one. Then the one chance you get to see one for real, it's owned by a complete duche bag who's let it just rust to near death and you see it in that state, it changes you. If someone who owns it doesn't love it as much as you; would you not question as to why you actually care so much? You can't do anything about it (the way he treats his own car)? You can pump money into donations for its upkeep but the owner could go and spend that cash on fags, you have no control? That's how I feel at present. The people who run/own the club don't care for it, then how can I? I'm not talking about expecting to win everything, as that's not realistic. But I want to believe that my club WANT to win everything and will give it their best to do so, whether that's realistic or not will be found in the results that follow. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. I want my club to be the best, think they're the best, act like the best, even if they aren't. Where there's hope, there's a cause. Without hope, no one will commit their careers to seeing that through. DO well by us and we'll do well by you. And i've lost my point. Too much that needs spilling out, not enough time to spill it.

Edited by Lowensda

Guest rusty747

I want what is best for the club that I have supported for almost 50 years. Sometimes you have to lose a battle in order to win the war.

If I had to choose between a win at Sunderland and keep Martinez or getting spanked at Sunderland and seeing Martinez given his P45 then give me the spanking every time.

Sadly, very sadly, it will take this kind of sentiment from the fan base to get the message through to the board that we are disgusted with what has been served up this season and change is needed. Radical change.

I watched us get beat at Leicester and I was actually disappointed when Vardy missed his second pen. I know I shouldn't have been but I felt that losing by as many goals as possible would hasten Martinez departure. It's extremely obvious that the players have given up on him so for God's sake Martinez, Can't you take a hint or are you really that ignorant, arrogant and thick skinned? Just do one will you.

I believe the people that run the club care a lot. That's not the problem.

As fans we let our anger take over too much.

I don't think for one minute that Martinez is happy with the situation, or that he doesn't care.

I just don't believe he is capable of what we want at Everton.

That's not his fault. It's just his Limitations.

I also believe that Kenright loves the club. He also has limitations.

If football was simple we would have twenty perfectly match teams and clubs.

Football isn't simple and we don't.

Martinez believes in his philosophy and I respect that. I just don't belive he can make it work at our club.

If that's how our board rhink then we should probably stage a protest and get Moshiri out.

Don't forget he is the biggest voice now.

If he is going to watch our last two matches and then make a decision then we need to get him out.

He should already know his decision, one way or the other.

There are 3 reasons why I wouldn't mind us losing

1. Another nail in Roberto's coffin

2. I have lots of mates who are Sunderland fans so I don't want them to go down

3. I hate Newcastle and desperately want them to go down

On another note, I saw this headline and assumed it meant Arouna was playing

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2015-2016/kone-hands-sunderland-major-boost-ahead-of-everton-clash_sto5566295/story.shtml

There are 3 reasons why I wouldn't mind us losing

1. Another nail in Roberto's coffin

2. I have lots of mates who are Sunderland fans so I don't want them to go down

3. I hate Newcastle and desperately want them to go down

On another note, I saw this headline and assumed it meant Arouna was playing

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2015-2016/kone-hands-sunderland-major-boost-ahead-of-everton-clash_sto5566295/story.shtml

ha, that is funny

If we had players who cared about losing then I would not feel this way... we don't - we have some absolute gobshites in this club and I want them gone. Starting with the manager and when the dust settles I want the players gone who haven't cared.

Don't want us to lose, ever, either, but agreed on keeping Sunderland up. Best mate is a Sunderland supporter, so a win for them at this stage means more than a win for us.

Was looking at the relegation odds. Sunderland have a 91% likelihood of staying up. Newcastle about an 8% chance and Norwich about 1.5% of staying up. (I'm sure Sunderland's odds must be helped by the fact they're playing Everton. Plus the game in hand, obviously.)

But, I'd be happy to win out (as long as it doesn't delay an RM departure), and have Sunderland beat Watford on Sunday for a strong note for them to finish on.

Robles

Connolly Stones Pennington Baines

Besic. Barkley

Lennon Dowell Mirrallas

Niasse/Lukaku

Give some kids ago.

Would rather see what Niasse is about than have Rom up top, probably only get 60 mins as well.

Kev has to start. would like to see him behind the striker as well, preferably when Rom comes on.

McCarthy has been so so wank happy to sell him from 10m end of season to be honest.