Brexit...

Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

Had cards through and at the moment I'm voting out of Europe.

Sick of that snake Cameron and the media machine scare mongering and not giving people unbiased news. The NHS will crumble, it's already wilting.

Anyone put a poll up for me please?

Sick of that snake Cameron and the media machine scare mongering and not giving people unbiased news.

The out camp are doing exactly the same thing.

Nobody really knows the consequences of leaving, even the campaigners are guessing.

I'll vote to stay in purely for the reason I gave here...

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/27857-would-you-like-to-make-history/&do=findComment&comment=510346

Plus I could never vote for something being campaigned for by Johnson, Gove, Duncan-Smith and Farage/UKIP; I'd never be able to look at my face in the mirror again.

this is what I can't get my head around. How can anyone want to leave when you've got these greedy, selfish fuckwits campaigning for it? Good of the country?! Good for their own pockets and the pockets of the companies they protect and profit from. Only bad can come from this, not just for Britain but globally.

The problem of voting 'stay' is that the undemocratic elite that run the EU and oversee the mess that the euro has created, will see it as a justification that everything they have done is totally right and we will get more of it and at an increased rate.

After several hundred years of 'going it alone' we now have a Prime Minister who doesn't think we can do it. As Del Boy says 'what a plonker'.

Sorry I meant £350 a week ..... equal to I don't know how many Billions

Pete, last year we got a rebate of £12m.

"The UK rebate is a financial mechanism which reduces the United Kingdom's contribution to the EU budget in effect since 1985. It is a complex calculation which equates to approximately 66% of the UK's net contribution - the amount paid by the UK into the EU budget less EU expenditure in the UK. Based on a net contribution of €12.1 billion (£9.8 billion) in 2014, the UK Treasury estimates the 2015 rebate amounted to €6.2 billion (£4.9 billion), reducing the ultimate UK contribution for the 2015 budget to €16.6 billion (£12.9 billion)."

I will vote leave. Why? Well here is the thing, I am NOT concerned about businesses or finance to the nation, after all we did ok before we joined up.

No my reason is simple and straightforward. Freedom of choice. I want to be free to vote for my choice of who rules us. Yes we may cock up, but that happens and we will survive it. But now we get a President of the EU, and we get EU rules and laws imposed on us. Some folks may like this idea (it is a free country after all (sic)) however I would rather pick and choose for myself rather than have a German/ French/whatever decision made on our behalf.

All the other arguments mean nothing to me. Not even the for and against immigration ones.

"The UK rebate is a financial mechanism which reduces the United Kingdom's contribution to the EU budget in effect since 1985. It is a complex calculation which equates to approximately 66% of the UK's net contribution - the amount paid by the UK into the EU budget less EU expenditure in the UK. Based on a net contribution of €12.1 billion (£9.8 billion) in 2014, the UK Treasury estimates the 2015 rebate amounted to €6.2 billion (£4.9 billion), reducing the ultimate UK contribution for the 2015 budget to €16.6 billion (£12.9 billion)."

The UK rebate was negotiated by Margaret Thatcher and largely given away by Blair.

I will vote leave. Why? Well here is the thing, I am NOT concerned about businesses or finance to the nation, after all we did ok before we joined up.

No my reason is simple and straightforward. Freedom of choice. I want to be free to vote for my choice of who rules us. Yes we may cock up, but that happens and we will survive it. But now we get a President of the EU, and we get EU rules and laws imposed on us. Some folks may like this idea (it is a free country after all (sic)) however I would rather pick and choose for myself rather than have a German/ French/whatever decision made on our behalf.

All the other arguments mean nothing to me. Not even the for and against immigration ones.

So where do you draw the line? Do you want independence for Wales? Independence for Anglesey? Independence for the village where you live? Each of those would gradually give you a bigger say in who "rules" you. We could go back thousands of years and all be run by village elders!

As I've said before; think the future of the World, and a safer World for my kids and grandkids, is better served by moving in the other direction. Pulling up the drawbridge and saying "We're considerably richer than you" would be a big step backwards imo.

Actually Mike I have no argument on the size of the grouping EU is ok in size and what it plans for the future and all that bumf, but why can I not vote for who is president? it is not democratic it is dictatorial.

Just a thought though, I noticed when I am in here just a moment ago, I am with Bill, Johnh and MikeO. Made me suspect that age has an important effect on the voting. Not which way of course as I want out and Mike wants in. I was curious as to how important folks feel about the subject and the age they are at.

Edited by Rubecula

Just a thought though, I noticed when I am in here just a moment ago, I am with Bill, Johnh and MikeO. Made me suspect that age has an important effect on the voting. Not which way of course as I want out and Mike wants in. I was curious as to how important folks feel about the subject and the age they are at.

I think that's a good point/question (still the same four now).

Actually Mike I have no argument on the size of the grouping EU is ok in size and what it plans for the future and all that bumf, but why can I not vote for who is president? it is not democratic it is dictatorial.

There is no president.