IGNORED

Euro 2016

Hope we smash England and they go out in the group stages. There. I said it. Same applies to Northern Ireland who I find worse than England at times with their Union Jacks and God Save the queen. I hope Welsh and English fans behave themselves though. Only takes a few idiots to kick things off and in the smallest city of the tournament they're gonna be everywhere. I hope the police are on the ball or it could get very ugly which would be a massive shame.

I used to want all the home nations to do well when I was a kid, but as I grew older I began to realise they all despised England with a passion.

I'm not arsed about international footy tbh but I want every one of the home nations bar England to lose every game simply because they want us to.

I like these Wilshere stats:

Ronaldo has scored 117 goals since Jack Wilshere completed a full 90 minutes for Arsenal.

Leeds have had 6 managers since Jack Wilshere last completed 90 mins for Arsenal

Jack Wilshere has missed more games because of injury than he's actually played over his entire career.

Since Wilshere's last game for Arsenal, Deli Alli has made his Spurs debut, played for England and surpassed his PL goal tally.

Edited by Lowensda

What would be your Belgium starting XI? I'm worried about the defense after all of those injuries. Think I would opt to just play Alderweireld and Vertonghen in the centre and rely on their partnership to carry lesser players at full back.

I would go for:

​Courtois

Ciman Alderweireld Vertonghen Lukaku

Nainggolan Dembélé

Carrasco De Bruyne Hazard

Origi

I'd personally go for

Courtois

Alderweireld - De Laet - Vertonghen - Lukaku

De Bruyne - Fellaini

Origi - Hazard - Carrasco

Lukaku

Couple of oddities: Ritchie De Laet was never selected, even despite the defensive issues. And this is a guy who won the EPL this year. It's like Wilmots doesn't even know he exists. It would give Belgium to opportunity to strengthen the rightback position from a defensive point of view with Alderweireld. By using poor offensively minded fullbacks, Belgium created the weakness of the central Spurs defenders having to open up the center. The second oddity is the defensive midfield. Wilmots has some kind of hardcore commitment to Witsel. Now both Witsel and Dembele do nothing else but play short lateral or backwards passes, they NEVER pass forward, especially Dembele. And this makes Belgium never reach their high-octane kind of offensive play. And then there's Nainggolan who's in a god awful shape right now. So Fellaini, who's playing fine right now & always good in big tournaments, can be the defensive midfielder and alongside him I'd play De Bruyne who I'd move to a box-to-box position. He would do just as fine from a defensive organisation point of view as the other holding midfielders in the selection, but at least he'd be a massive asset in getting the ball forward and playing superb passes from his position. He can take turns with Fellaini to penetrate forward. Carrasco and Origi are simply my 2 favorite players on those respective flank positions. I like Carrasco a lot better than Hazard on the left flank. Hazard can play centrally, which he loves more than anything and he'll be sort of forced to make decisive actions that way. And who else but the big guy up front.

Edited by Mirallas

If they can get their act together, I think Belgium will take some beating. They certainly have the players. Can't see England getting past the quarter finals. Our only hope (good chance) is that Sturridge and Wilshire get injured in training and can't get picked. :D

there is, it's fucking dreadful...

My mum & Josh are watching it, wife's gone to the bedroom to watch a film on her tablet, I'm sat behind the TV on here. It sounded pretty awful.

Having said that they just played La Marseillaise; great national anthem, wish we had something similar rather than our depressing submissive dirge.

Payet was going to be hard for West Ham to keep hold of before the tournament started but if he carries on scoring goals like that they've got no chance. He's wasted there, ought to be at a big club at his age/ stage in career. Mourinho in to take him to United when he gets rid of Mata again might be a possibility.

Payet was going to be hard for West Ham to keep hold of before the tournament started but if he carries on scoring goals like that they've got no chance. He's wasted there, ought to be at a big club at his age/ stage in career. Mourinho in to take him to United when he gets rid of Mata again might be a possibility.

We were just saying the same thing.

Off-piste comment but just noticed in the outro/ intro bit that they have either side of the adverts with the star players animated on a billboard, that Gareth Bale looks nothing like the Toby jug reality.

I'd always considered that caricatures emphasise features whereas for him they've ignored his, ahem, awkward looks to the point that if his name wasn't there you'd never guess it was him.

There's isn't a better midfielder in world football right now. He literally is the best about. He can go through the middle or out wide. He absolutely controlled that game. Even without the winner he would have been hands down motm.

France will win the tournament and he'll be the orchestrator.

Goes without saying; hate the whole channel with a passion, the only time I reluctantly hit the number 3 button is when there's football to be seen. Not a single programme I watch on it otherwise.

You noticed that too?

Not sure I would bother to watch football on ITV either to be honest. No decent pundits, adverts on when a goal is scored (Never forgive them for that :shaking fist: Bastards!) and the most boring programmes ever devised.

I think it will be a Russia / Germany final with England going out first of the home nations followed by NI and Wales with ROI being in the semis. :dont know: