IGNORED

Euro 2016

My favorite moment yesterday :)

I find it more enjoyable than watching a haka :)

-Because of where the come from and who they are, even in the unlikely case that they'd get trashed 7-0 against France, they'll still be remembered positively for a very long time.

Edited by Mirallas

Rooney gave the ball away more than anyone else. The Telegraph gave marks out of ten for each player. Three players got the top mark of 5. Couldn't believe that one of them was Sturridge! I would have given him 3 at best, I thought he was totally ineffective for the whole game.

Phil McNulty on the beeb gave Hart three and everyone else four; must've been in a generous mood.

Hodgson rotated because the dick head still didn't know his best team, even after all this time! Do you know why? Because he kept picking under-performing players and playing players out of position and then wondered why we still looked like a pile of shit.

We desperately need a manager who will pick a formation and then pick the players that are the best for the positions. If there are three great candidates for one position then you pick the best ONE of them and their back-up. You do not pick all three and find a way to squeeze them into a line-up. Who gives a shit if you upset one (or two of them)? It's better than upsetting the balance of the whole side!

But the FA has a strategy: maximize advertising revenue. Why else would the manager choose the headline makers from big money teams only - even those who sit on he bench at those teams and even at cost of playing them out of position?

As long as the betting companies sponsor teams, expect such nonsense. It's the very same rationale seen in the US recently: ensure the NBA finals go to a full seven games. Maximize revenue.

But the FA has a strategy: maximize advertising revenue. Why else would the manager choose the headline makers from big money teams only - even those who sit on he bench at those teams and even at cost of playing them out of position?

As long as the betting companies sponsor teams, expect such nonsense. It's the very same rationale seen in the US recently: ensure the NBA finals go to a full seven games. Maximize revenue.

good point steve. rumours are today that the FA will propose a winter break to help the players have more time off and rest. should be interesting.

good point steve. rumours are today that the FA will propose a winter break to help the players have more time off and rest. should be interesting.

The old chestnut that we were poor because we were tired. We were shit because we had a shit manager, who had no interest in tactics or organisation and didn't have a clue how to put a team together. The FA chose the wrong man, then failed to sack him after an abysmal WC, but can't admit it.

Edited by Romey 1878

I mentioned Thomas Meunier before during the Sweden - Belgium game as the right back who won most duels with Ibrahimovic... I mustn't have been the only one who noticed that as he's now the number 1 transfer target for... PSG (to replace Gregory Van Der Wiel). That's insane. The guy comes from humble Club Bruges and while he was always a good player, he never occurred to be as a star. At this tournament he played the best games I've seen him play. Maybe the vast quality difference of the team may have something to do with it then. Good for Bruges, I'm sure they'll get more money out of it than they've ever seen in their lives.

I mentioned Thomas Meunier before during the Sweden - Belgium game as the right back who won most duels with Ibrahimovic... I mustn't have been the only one who noticed that as he's now the number 1 transfer target for... PSG (to replace Gregory Van Der Wiel). That's insane. The guy comes from humble Club Bruges and while he was always a good player, he never occurred to be as a star. At this tournament he played the best games I've seen him play. Maybe the vast quality difference of the team may have something to do with it then. Good for Bruges, I'm sure they'll get more money out of it than they've ever seen in their lives.

He has a 7m euro buyout clause apparently.

Would love it if Wales could somehow knock of the Belgians.

I would hate that :).

So, now that England have completed their obligatory capitulation and subsequent hand wringing, who are you following for the remainder of the tournament?

Myself, I've always loved Italy. Best anthem in the world, play in blue and just so mentally solid.

For the non English fans. Do you consider England as your second team or is there another you always enjoy watching?

Wouldn't mind if Italy won the whole thing this year. Individually, one of the weakest generations of Italians in years, but together they're a very good team. Also one of my favorite anthems, together with the Brazilian one.

I'm pretty neutral towards England; although when you see (non-Everton) players that you root against for a whole year, you tend to dislike them when they wear the England shirt aswell. Would have preferred an England - France quaterfinal, but was rooting for Iceland after 10 mins.

The welsh can fuck off. Their players celebrating England like a bunch of small time chip on shoulder nob heads.

I've no time for Hodgson's and the egos, but fuck me I've never seen such a poor 'let's park the bus' tournament. Bale had the cheek to have a dig at Northern Ireland for playing ugly.

The welsh can fuck off. Their players celebrating England like a bunch of small time chip on shoulder nob heads.

I've no time for Hodgson's and the egos, but fuck me I've never seen such a poor 'let's park the bus' tournament. Bale had the cheek to have a dig at Northern Ireland for playing ugly.

Ohh come on Haf... What did you expect them to do? Sit there quietly when our rivals have left the competition and we're still in it? I'd have expected the same from England if it was the other way round. As Jack Wilshire said "They don't like us and we don't like them!" The only thing I don't agree with is that it was leaked to the internet. That should have stayed within the camp and I'm sure someone's had a right bollocking for uploading it.

Of course with all the anger towards the England team at the minute, the media have made a lot of it when all they did was celebrate England going out of the competition like any Welsh fan. I'd rather it was like this than getting all friendly and nice with each other. Did anyone here celebrate when Sevilla won the Europa League? I'm sure 99.9% of the forum did as we're Everton fans and we don't like them. I would hope that the Everton players reacted the same as well when that full time whistle went....

Exactly the same sort of situation in my opinion....

Edited by Geth

I'd love Iceland to go on and win it they've played some great football and just like their spirit culture etc but very very unlikely so its Italy for me for similar reasons to Paul

I hope Belgium absolutely spank Wales nothing against the natives just Bale Ramsey and Gunter get right on my tits

I'd love Iceland to go on and win it they've played some great football and just like their spirit culture etc but very very unlikely so its Italy for me for similar reasons to Paul

I hope Belgium absolutely spank Wales nothing against the natives just Bale Ramsey and Gunter get right on my tits

And I have no problem with that whatsoever. It's how it should be. The feeling was likewise towards Wilshire, Vardy, Alli, Henderson and Sturridge.

Ohh come on Haf... What did you expect them to do? Sit there quietly when our rivals have left the competition and we're still in it? I'd have expected the same from England if it was the other way round. As Jack Wilshire said "They don't like us and we don't like them!" The only thing I don't agree with is that it was leaked to the internet. That should have stayed within the camp and I'm sure someone's had a right bollocking for uploading it.

Of course with all the anger towards the England team at the minute, the media have made a lot of it when all they did was celebrate England going out of the competition like any Welsh fan. I'd rather it was like this than getting all friendly and nice with each other. Did anyone here celebrate when Sevilla won the Europa League? I'm sure 99.9% of the forum did as we're Everton fans and we don't like them. I would hope that the Everton players reacted the same as well when that full time whistle went....

Exactly the same sort of situation in my opinion....

The difference is our lads wouldn't of been arsed if Wales had gone out. It smacks of bitterness and small country mentality. It's disrespectful and childish. I get fans doing it but fellow professionals? Nar.

Don't get me wrong, Wales have deserved to go through and England deserved nothing but that video just shows years of being in their shadow. Bit like a none league team knocking a prem team out the FA Cup.

Personally I don't give a fuck about England we're rife with nepotism and it stinks butthe Wales players showed a lack ofclass with that video. Rivals?? There's no contest to it, you're like Tranmere to Everton and Liverpool, that's why England wouldn't be arsed if Wales got knocked out because Wales are insignificant to them.

That's the truth of it really, and I'm the most unpatriotic person you'll ever meet.

No I think most England fans were pleased when Wales qualified. Personally I wanted them in the finals when southall and ratcliffe played with Hughes and rush.

We have our own aims which are different to Wales- not conflicting. That's not arrogance - thats reality. It's fair to say 3 welsh players at tops would get into our side/squad - bale, ramsey and Williams.

Jack wilshire is a little prick with a chip on his shoulder.

Personally I think Republic of Ireland have shown the way to do it. Classy. None of this parking the bus bollocks, went in and had a right good go.

Edited by Hafnia

Would love it if Wales could somehow knock of the Belgians.

Nah mate they have this arrogant "we're going to wipe the floor with them"-mentality just because they drew and won 1-0 against a Belgian team that was in bad shape. I hope their arrogance gets punished. hard. Not sure if it will, but I hope so. They were dicks against England too, which doesn't help.

Fuck, Vertonghen out injured for the rest of the tournament. And Vermaelen will be suspended against Wales. Probably Denayer and Jordan Lukaku starting then. I'm getting scared now.

Just saw that. Quite a boost for us even though I know thay Denayer is highly rated... How is Jordan Lukaku at left back?

And I have no problem with that whatsoever. It's how it should be. The feeling was likewise towards Wilshire, Vardy, Alli, Henderson and Sturridge.

Wilshire and Sturridge are a right pair of tits two I'll never defend Henderson bar being pretty shite hasn't really put himself in the media spotlight as with the other two

I agree with Paddock on the celebration clip I genuinely don't think our lads would have been that arsed tbh and I don't think Hodgson would have allowed it

Anyway best of luck to all the lads on here who's still in it, I can still sense an upset in these rounds but will it be Wales or Iceland..... no Poland ?

Edited by EFC-Paul

Just saw that. Quite a boost for us even though I know thay Denayer is highly rated... How is Jordan Lukaku at left back?

Good offensively, but much like his brother not a tactical genious .. leaves a lot of space in his back. He would have started anyway instead of Vermaelen with Vertonghen pairing up with Alderweireld. Now that Vertonghen is out aswell, Denayer will play in the middle. Denayer is very fast, which is good in hopes to stop Bale's rushes. Sadly, Denayer was also crap in his last couple of games for Belgium.

Belgium have now lost Vertonghen, Kompany, Lombaerts and Vermaelen in a defense that was shaky to begin with. I have zero confidence for tomorrow and fear Bale will score a hattrick.

Good offensively, but much like his brother not a tactical genious .. leaves a lot of space in his back. He would have started anyway instead of Vermaelen with Vertonghen pairing up with Alderweireld. Now that Vertonghen is out aswell, Denayer will play in the middle. Denayer is very fast, which is good in hopes to stop Bale's rushes. Sadly, Denayer was also crap in his last couple of games for Belgium.

Belgium have now lost Vertonghen, Kompany, Lombaerts and Vermaelen in a defense that was shaky to begin with. I have zero confidence for tomorrow and fear Bale will score a hattrick.

I like Vertonghen as well, think he's a top quality CB and a very good LB as well so naturally a huge loss for you. I like the sound that Lukaku likes to attack as it will leave space in behind him. Just noticed that Denayer is on loan at City so I wonder what will be his future next year with Guardiola. Yeah, a lot of injuries/suspensions for you at the back which can only be positive for us however you've got such depth that you've still got good players coming in. Injuries like that for us and we'd be done for. Luckily and I cross everything here, we haven't had an injury to a major player with Ashley Williams being fit for tomorrow.

Fuck, Vertonghen out injured for the rest of the tournament. And Vermaelen will be suspended against Wales. Probably Denayer and Jordan Lukaku starting then. I'm getting scared now.

We're fucked. We're fucked as fucking fuck. Sell your stock, hide your kids, loot the supermarkets. No way we can win.

edit: shame on Wilmots for not calling up Ritchie De Laet.

Edited by Mirallas