IGNORED

Ashley Williams

He's a leader - there seems to be a few issues with Jags' fitness so we need another CB who knows the league and will marshall the defence. Mori needs Jagielka or a Williams type centre back alongside him - maybe Fonte unless there's a rumoured no Saints players agreement. Stones is gone in my opinion - it'll get sorted eventually so I do expect another CB in too - possibly Koulibaily.

Id be very happy with Williams and Jags doing a development role helping the likes of Mori, Galloway, Pennington etc learn their trade over the next two seasons. Koulibaly would be a bonus, still need a keeper to be confident at the back tho.

He was in my team of the season 2 years ago, and at 31 he's still got a handful of seasons left. Competent player that will cover a problem position for relatively little freeing up funds for more important transfers.

Edited by Matt

Will Williams still be a starting quality player a year from now, or two years from now? Why not invest the money into someone who will be? I would find this very strange and good business for Swansea.

Would be an absolute top bit of business from us to sign a defender in his prime at 10 million. The lads hasn't missed many games in the past 4 seasons and is fit as a fiddle. One of the best centre half's in the league and a leader we've been lacking on the field since Neville left.

Would be an absolute top bit of business from us to sign a defender in his prime at 10 million. The lads hasn't missed many games in the past 4 seasons and is fit as a fiddle. One of the best centre half's in the league and a leader we've been lacking on the field since Neville left.

He's turning 32 in three weeks. He isn't in his prime, he's nearing the end of his career.

He'll be good for another 4 years.

There's no way of knowing that. And he's never been all that special anyway imo. Jagielka in his prime was better and we should have upgraded on him last summer or the year before if we wanted to keep on challenging for Europe.

There's no way of knowing that. And he's never been all that special anyway imo. Jagielka in his prime was better and we should have upgraded on him last summer or the year before if we wanted to keep on challenging for Europe.

It would have taken a little more than that. But I don't think I agree that Jagielka was ever better than Williams.

Does he or has he ever relied on pace? No.

The lads a specimen. Strong in the air, solid in the tackle, focused. It's like having distin but a more mentally focused vs quick player.

He will be decent for 3 seasons at least.

Edited by Hafnia

Put into context.... we sold Anichebe for £6m. We are in an inflated market... this lad is a LEADER. we've been crying out for someone who will set an example and if we get 2 good seasons from him in the way we have seen him for Swansea and Wales then it's a no brainer.

Not every signing needs to be with a view to making a profit. I'm shocked that we may be able to get him if im honest.

Put into context.... we sold Anichebe for £6m. We are in an inflated market... this lad is a LEADER. we've been crying out for someone who will set an example and if we get 2 good seasons from him in the way we have seen him for Swansea and Wales then it's a no brainer.

Not every signing needs to be with a view to making a profit. I'm shocked that we may be able to get him if im honest.

Spot on.

This.

We're crying out for a leader, and he'd would be a great mentor for Mori.