IGNORED

Cuco Martina

I wish we would go for Yedlin. Apparently going to Newcastle for 3mil. He would be a good understudy/cover to Coleman.

If the sport was just about how athletic you are, I'd say Yedlin is a great shout. Unfortunately, the sport involves kicking a ball and using your brain. These are two areas where Yedlin is severely lacking.

If the sport was just about how athletic you are, I'd say Yedlin is a great shout. Unfortunately, the sport involves kicking a ball and using your brain. These are two areas where Yedlin is severely lacking.

I don't think you've watched Yedlin in awhile. He has massively improved since playing at Sunderland.

I personally think this will happen. Cheap low risk back up right who Koeman knows already. Didn't see a lot of him last season but his goal against Arsenal was incredible - possibly my favourite goal last season for just how he hit it. For that moment he turned into a right footed Roberto Carlos.

I'm with you, I reckon this one will happen.

EVERTON 'IN MARTINA BID'

Everton have made a £1.25million move for Southampton right backCuco Martina, according to the Daily Mail.

Martina was with manager Ronald Koeman at Saints last season, and the Dutchman reportedly wants competition for Seamus Coleman.

Have him.

He reminds me of Carlton Palmer.

Has a tendency of going from complete mediocrity - no control, no vision, little defensive nous, explaining why Twente fans were so surprised we bought him (although the fact that Erwin Koeman managed there suggests this was his transfer allocation...) - to fairly proficient attacking football, good height in the box and composed passing (the defensive nous is still not really there, though).

Add onto that the fact he seems like he's a good lad who likes a laugh on the training ground and is well liked by the squad, who scored possibly one of the greatest Saints goals I've ever seen at St Marys...

He's earned a weird place in our history as this unpredictable conundrum with an increasing cult following. He won't be anything special, and will probably be resigned to a permanent backup to the next man. He can be alright, even having good games, and our opinion of him was largely affected by the fact he was better than a troubled Cedric Soares. In other words, we thought of him as better than he might be, simply because he provided a minimum of what we required from a right back. Soares was liable of being run over at times last season.

Expect him to go now we have bought Pied in, who Puel knows well and hasn't brought in to be a third choice. He'll compete with Soares.

Edited by swisstiss

If he is no better than Holgate and Kenny then I really don't see the point

This is something that winds me up.

Clubs go out and spend money on players that are no better than the youth they have. And then yet again the youth suffocate.

my guess is he doesn't rate conolly or kenny. or doesn't think they're ready for first team action. have they been loaned in the championship yet? played first team football in the lower leagues? that could be an issue as well.

my guess is he doesn't rate conolly or kenny. or doesn't think they're ready for first team action. have they been loaned in the championship yet? played first team football in the lower leagues? that could be an issue as well.

not sure aithout looking, but if that's an issue why hasn't he sent them out on loan? Assuming Rhino is having his say here