IGNORED

Bradley Lowery

daib0

As most of you know, I do quite a lot of inter-forum stuff, I always try to be neutral when I'm not on for Reading FC matters. So ... the Sunderland admin lady on the Black Cat Chat forum has asked me if I could reproduce this on more forums ... so please do take a read and go to the link underneath. Any spare pennies would be really welcomed... but equally a message on any social network would be a good help too.

Here it is:

"Bradley Lowery is a Sunderland mad lad who loves his footy. Unfortunately, Bradley also suffers with a rare form of cancer called neuroblastoma, which can only be treated in the USA. In order to get there, Bradley's family need to rase more than £700,000, and we intend to help him get there and to help him continue to roar the Lads on for many more years to come! If ever there was a young lad deserving of your help and ours, then Bradley is that young lad. We aim to do our bit to help get this young boy the treatment he so richly deserves. Please, help us to help Bradley. Any and all donations are welcome."

• 2 weeks later...

yep, just read on the BBC site the target has been achieved. Bradley was a mascot for the Sunderland v Everton game on Monday night. Everton made a donation of £200,000 to help the appeal.... fantastic gesture
Good luck to the little fella for his treatment.

100% agree, and the club donation makes me proud to be a blue.

• 2 months later...

Damn -- that is truly awful. Wishing the best for the family.

Awful, I'm in a "similar" situation with my mum and she's chosen quality of life over quantity and refused any treatment. That's hard enough but she's in her eighties and not afraid to die.

To have a child in that position must be unbearable, so sad.

• 1 month later...

Defoe went and spent some time at the hospital with him. There are pictures of them cuddling together. Quality.

http://twitter.com/Bradleysfight/status/829737614597115904

http://twitter.com/VitoMannone88/status/829784574632804354

Great to see - gave me a lump in the throat seeing that and previously with Bradley at Goodison the other week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's going to hit a lot of people hard when that devastating inevitability happens with this little boy.

The awful fact is that this is just one case we are aware of - there are lots of children like Bradley and it is heart breaking. It's the fact that the nation had been involved with his story and to be perfectly honest I do not know how parents can cope.

I pray that every day for poorly children like him are filled with as much happiness as possible.